PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: 2009 White Dodge Nitro (BBL-5658)

Myrrinda
03-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey guys,

My boyfriend's 2009 white dodge nitro was stolen during the night in varsity. License plate BBL 5658. If anyone sees it, could you please let me or the police know?? He's currently on the phone filing a police report. You can call/text me at 403-875-8462. Greatly appreciated!!!

Edit: he just reminded me he broke the antenna off a couple days ago. I have no pictures unfortunately.

Edit: there's no roof rack on it. Black mirrors, dodge rims.

dj_rice
03-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Post pictures, any special things on it that make it stand out ?

CMW403
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow that's weird it happened in varsity. I grew up there and still visit friends there and we'd literally leave front and back doors unlocked 24/7. One time The Brick delivered a sectional couch and two end tables while we were in Mexico. They just left them in the front yard the day after we left and we came home a week and a half later to a sectional and two end tables in our front yard untouched.

EDIT: ill be in varsity all day ill keep my eyes out.

Myrrinda
03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks CMQ403.

He's taking this really hard. He uses his vehicle for work, so this is really putting him in a tough spot. His insurance won't give him a rental until the vehicle is officially considered 'lost', which I guess is 72 hours from the time the police report was made. Even then, he gets the shittiest of vehicles, and it'll be useless for what he really needs it for. On top of that, he's a drummer and his band has quite a few shows coming up, and he can't even transport his drums now. He said that it would have been better if they'd just cleaned out his house rather than taking his vehicle. I feel so awful for him, I'm trying to do everything I can to help.

I've never really dealt with this kind of theft before. Definitely feels like a huge violation, and he's way too good of a person to deserve this.

CanmoreOrLess
03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
GL with the recovery, call the cops if you see it around.

One assumes it looks like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Dodge_Nitro_.jpg/1024px-Dodge_Nitro_.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Dodge_Nitro_.jpg/1024px-Dodge_Nitro_.jpg

^^^^^ not much larger in real life ^^^^

Myrrinda
03-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Truck was found this morning in Tuscany. Thanks everyone. Mods can close the thread :)

spikerS
03-20-2013, 08:28 AM
awesome! Hopefully not beat up too badly! :thumbsup:

Myrrinda
03-20-2013, 08:45 AM
He has to get it from impound this afternoon, but sounds like the worst exterior damage is a flat tire. Not sure about the interior and what they had to destroy to start it.

Edit: Sounds like it was some punk ass kids. They apparently hung beads from the rearview mirror. Luckily the damage is minimal, and he's taking it to the shop to get checked over. Yay for happy endings.