PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Bachelor Party questions

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 09:08 AM
We are currently planning a bachelor party for my friend in Vegas in June and are having a hard time getting things booked. I was wondering if any of you with experience could answer a couple questions.

We have about 12 people going, most from Calgary, a couple from Saskatchewan, one from Halifax, and one from Edmonton. We all want to stay in the same hotel, obviously, and 4 per room is fine to keep costs down. What is the easiest way to book this and what should we pay per person? We were thinking MGM Grand or similar. I am seeing anywhere from $650-950 per person including flight for the exact same package, which seems to be more variation than I expected.

Should we just use a travel agent? Are they able to organize such a trip with so many different places of departure?

We just want everyone arriving at roughly the same time, and everyone in the same hotel, but it's proving difficult unless we book everything separately, which seems to bump the cost up substantially. The easiest way seems to be just call the hotel, but then you pay way more.

Also if there's any travel agents on here, feel free to reply or PM me and we may be able to work something out!

lilmira
03-11-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure if 12 is enough to get group rate from travel agent. Just keep your eyes on various travel site for package deals. If you want 4 per room, just book a room with two people and book the other two for flights only since the hotel may charge extra per person. I'm sure you know enough to check your numbers. You don't have a lot of time left for booking in Jun though. I'm guessing 800s would be a reasonable price for hotels similar to MGM Grand.

Have fun and don't steal any cop cars.

blitz
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Book 2-3 Calgary people per room, and then add a non-calgarian to each room and they can book their flights seperately.

Or do they charge extra for room occupancy? I've never stayed in a hotel room with 3 other dudes before. :dunno:

swak
03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by blitz
Book 2-3 Calgary people per room, and then add a non-calgarian to each room and they can book their flights seperately.

Or do they charge extra for room occupancy? I've never stayed in a hotel room with 3 other dudes before. :dunno:

Usually its $10 per head over the standard 2 people per room.
You gotta be smart about it tho (can't tell them you're loading your room). Only say you're 2 per room, only get other guys to book flight, and get them in your rooms.

Win.

I've stayed in hotel rooms with 6-8 guys before (no homo) hahaha. Sucks, but makes things super cheap if that's what you're after

403ep3
03-11-2013, 10:12 AM
MGM is actually pretty cheap compared to the other hotels out there. Definitely look at prices from 500-650 from Calgary for flight and hotel. Book at double occupancy and just make sure you have 2 doubles or 2 queens and you're set.

What dates are you going?

edit: btw if you plan on going from jun21-23 be prepared to pay A LOT of money for partying

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM
The problem we're having is you can only book 4 at a time using the travel websites, and it's a nightmare getting anyone to do anything for themselves, so I would like to just do it all at once through an agent or website and then have them pay me back for flight/hotel.

We want to go Friday June 14th and return Monday June 17.

Ideally we could just get a travel agent to treat it like a destination wedding, and have bookings done as people pay.

darthVWader
03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Rent a condo or house. Find one close or on the strip.

http://www.vrbo.com/82771

http://www.vrbo.com/254410

http://www.vrbo.com/276451

Short limo rides to the strip divided by 12 = cheap

lilmira
03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Looks like that week is not too bad. The price for the week after is like 100-200 more, Electric Daisy?

If you are having problem organizing now, it won't get any easier when you are there. Not trying to shoot you down, just from my experience especially with a big group. Don't forget about direct flights, most posted packages are with stopover. It's worth every penny to have direct flights IMO.

dj_honda
03-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I've done this. Don't do it through a travel website.

Let everyone book their own flight. there is little to no money to be saved there with 12 people.

Call the hotels directly and figure out the hotel booking with them. Just tell them to put in the notes you want your rooms together and when you check in they will do their best to put you in attaching/nearby rooms. When I booked at PH, I called the managing company directly. I remember they also booked for caesars and all of those hotels in that chain as well, and the person can actually look amongst their 7-8 hotels to see if there are any deals to be had.

You can also try the credit card tip when you are checking in to see if you can get an upgrade to a suite.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 10:43 AM
The idea of renting a condo/penthouse for us all is actually very good - and it eliminates all booking hassle. I'm going to look into that more.

This is totally turning out to be a nightmare to plan, and everyone is super lazy, and just wants the trip booked.

Worse case scenario we will abandon the plan and just rent a big cabin somewhere, maybe bring in some catering and topless servers or something.

403ep3
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nevada/elara-a-hilton-grand-vacations-hotel-center-strip-LASCSGV/accommodations/suites.html

Fits 10 but you can probably throw 12 in there.

$629 a night

AndrewMZ3
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Book the flights and hotel separate.

use matrix.itasoftware.com to find the best rates for the flights

If you're looking for a suite, Elara has really good prices. http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nevada/elara-a-hilton-grand-vacations-hotel-center-strip-LASCSGV/index.html

It's just behind planet hollywood and is connected to the miracle mile. We got a 4 bedroom suite with them to throw a superbowl party. Basically is a 2 bedroom suite with 2 other rooms connected to it. You should be able to fit your whole party that way. The suite is pretty pimp with a massive tub, panoramic view, and stuff. Projector with massive screen that comes down, bar, etc. Probably the cheapest suite you can find on/adjacent to the strip.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm liking the hotel/hilton idea.

Getting one huge room removes like 90% of the hassle, then everyone just books their own flights.

lilmira
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I've never rented a condo before. It does sound pretty good if you have a tight group. You just have to collect the money first and who's putting the credit card down for damage deposit lol? How many keys do you get? Not everyone comes back together after the late night activities usually. ;)

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 02:29 PM
We booked the 10 person 4bdrm room at the Hilton for $638/nt.

Thanks again for that suggestion, I had no idea something like that was even feasible - this will be my first time to Vegas.

Is the Rhino the best strip club?

stevelou
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I liked the Rhino, we went to Crazy horse last year never again EVER. Dirty and felt like we going to get into a fight at any second.

When i was at the Rhino I believe they said that there would be over 100 girls there around midnight not sure if it was true as we had to leave to go to our bar destination before 11:30

lilmira
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
That and sapphire. Make it the last stop of the night, it's almost impossible to regroup after, guaranteed that a few people will be gone missing.

403ep3
03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
We booked the 10 person 4bdrm room at the Hilton for $638/nt.

Thanks again for that suggestion, I had no idea something like that was even feasible - this will be my first time to Vegas.

Is the Rhino the best strip club?

Nice, you're quick to book lol.

If you just want to go out clubbing and have some "cheap" drinks then you should hit up the Palms Place. They have a couple clubs/lounges that offer all-you-can-drink for 3-4 hours (10-2??) for like $90. I went there last year with some friends and I was done... I clearly wanted to make my money worth it

SkiBum5.0
03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
With your savings on the hotel I would look at a "VIP Party Package." Going to be real difficult (read: expensive) to get 12 dudes into a club on a weekend.

Bet on a $100 a head if they will let you skin your way in.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
None of us are really are into clubbing, we are there for 3 days and were thinking this:

- Nice dinner
- Piano bar
- Cabana all afternoon one day
- Strippers
- $90 all you can drink sounds pretty good though actually

How does Olympic Garden compare to the Rhino? My research suggests they are more lenient haha...but maybe its a shithole, I have no clue.

I'm also only one of 2 single guys going, so we wont be picking up girls at bottle service clubs or anything, sadly.

I really don't think any of us want to spend $100/person just to get into a club and pay $600/bottle for service.

The groom's father will be with us as well, so I have no idea what he is up for just yet haha.

SkiBum5.0
03-11-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. Hate the clubs but some like that style. One thing to look into is Rehab on Sunday at the Hard Rock - went in 2009 and it was solid -
http://www.vegas.com/nightlife/poolclubs/rehab/

403ep3
03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
None of us are really are into clubbing, we are there for 3 days and were thinking this:

- Nice dinner
- Piano bar
- Cabana all afternoon one day
- Strippers
- $90 all you can drink sounds pretty good though actually

Cabana = expensive

Cabana all day = Arm, leg, $$

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

Cabana = expensive

Oh really? Damn. I figured it would be like $150/person (10-11 people) but cover food & drink. Maybe not!

shakalaka
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
When we went a couple years ago for a friend's Bachelor party this is what we did. There were 12 of us as well. One of us was in charge of the hotel rooms. So they booked 3 rooms (4 per room) in the same hotel. You can either do this or ask about how much a penthouse would cost, cause it won't be much after it's split between 12 people and you all can probably squeeze in one and it'll be more fun. Once the rooms were booked, we just divided the total cost by 12 and paid the guy who paid for it all.

Then we had VIP packages booked for each night at a different club. That included no line/cover, limo service, VIP booth at the club and bottle service etc. Each night cost about $3K depending on the booze...we picked premium. But the cheapest one was just over $2K. Each night again split between 12 people wasn't bad. For that you have to get in touch with one of the Vegas organizers and they take cash once you get there. Different packages include different thing, such as a trip to a strip club before going to a club and so on.

I recommend going to XS. I've been to Vegas many times and have always had an amazing time at XS. Maybe it's just me but I am like the smoothest guy in the world when I am there and well let's just say that I do very well. But that being said if you're not a complete lunatic anyone can do alright in Vegas. Haha.

lilmira
03-11-2013, 03:34 PM
pool party cabana or just day pool cabana?

Party cabana at wet is 3000 minimum and deluxe cabana is 5000 I think, for sure good times though and not for the germaphobes lol.

XS is good if the whole group is up for it. I still don't remember the entire night last time I went, epic party lol.

shakalaka
03-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

Cabana = expensive

We had a Cabana for all day among 8 of us in the Mirage's private beach/pool party. Don't remember exactly how much but around 3-5K.

The first time we are at Tao beach and we never ended up getting a Cabana or anything. I enjoyed the Mirage one more, but that's probably because it was a topless one and I almost ended up marrying the hottest waitress there. This chick looked like she was straight from a Victoria's Secret catalog and we made plans to meet up after and everything, until she walked by and saw me 'fooling' around with this other random girl. Still regret missing out on the waitress till this day! She was like genuinely hurt with teary eyes when she saw me. I sobered up within seconds after seeing that, tried my best to salvage the situation but she wouldn't have any of it. :banghead:

I guess you didn't need to know my Vegas stories but I am just pumping you up. Haha.

darthVWader
03-11-2013, 03:35 PM
NY NY has a great Piano bar. Loud as fuck but fun.
The only strip joint I have hit in Vegas was Treasures and we had a blast. Two drink min but they took that away from the price of our bottle service. Bottle service gets you a table so it was worth it. All lap dances were $20.00 but of course they try and drag you off to the private rooms that cost a lot more.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Well then, probably no Cabana haha.

I think the Piano Bar I heard of was the one at NYNY.

I realize it's Vegas and all, but we have a few guys coming who can barely afford the trip, so we're trying to avoid anything overly extravagant. Nobody is into clubbing at all.

As for the strippers, my research suggests these are the best:

Rhino
Little Darlings
Olympic Gardens (apparently this one is by far the most lenient??)

Has anyone been to them all?

Basically I just want to make sure the groom has the best time possible.

shakalaka
03-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't recall which strip club was the one we ended up at but it was a part of our package or so I thought. Cause it ended up being $100 a lap dance and it was like 2 songs or something. I didn't get any though cause I don't like the whole idea but boy do they ever try to pressurize you. I left with one of the girls' number though.:bigpimp:

Frick all this Vegas talk....I think it's time to plan another trip after my bar call in a couple of months! :D

lilmira
03-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Little darlings is full nude last time I went and they don't sell alcohol in there, some sort of bylaw I assume, quite a few steps down from rhino IMO.

darthVWader
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
You can always have the strippers come to the suite. Load up on your own booze and mix and go from there. Should save you some coin.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
You can always have the strippers come to the suite. Load up on your own booze and mix and go from there. Should save you some coin.

That sounds good, but seems like a recipe for massive over charges, especially since they would probably be hookers haha. I've had a couple of friends forced to pay for ladies' time when they didn't even do anything, because they were naive and didn't know they were hookers until they demanded money for their time.

I really don't know for sure though, if there are legit places that bring strippers to the room, that may work.

I think the advantage of going to the strippers rather than bringing them in lets the guys who want to Vegas on the cheap only spend what they're comfortable with, and the people who don't care can go to the VIP rooms lol.

cgyITguy
03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
I just ran a 22 person bachelor party in the summer, I can give you all the tips and information you need.

First of all, pick a hotel and make everyone book their own shit. If you have to run the flights and hotel bookings you are looking at a massive headache.

In terms of activities. We did "suite strippers" which are in room strippers, they were great, hired a pair of them. They will do things you thought you could only see on the internet. They will negotiate all the pricing at the beginning and all the upgrades you might want. Just get everyone to bring a ton of cash and you are in good shape.

We did the sky jump off of the stratosphere, this was a ton of fun and inexpensive. Only about a $100 a jump.

We got a VIP package for limo, night club and strip club. You will want some kind of package so that you can skip the line. It may seem expensive but it's worth every penny. I did the nightclub last although its a better idea to do the strippers last because you will lose people there.

The one thing I tell everyone doing this type of trip....is the cost of the hotel room is completely irrelevant. If people want one hotel over another cause its $50 cheaper or something, it really really really doesn't matter. You will be throwing cash left, right and center on chicks, gambling, misc shit anyway.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Well as it stands we're completely good for rooms and flights. I harassed everyone into booking tonight, so we're all set. Thanks again to everyone who suggested the 1 big room idea, it worked perfectly.

We arrive 1pm on Friday and leave 9pm Monday, so we got some good time, and all of Monday to sober up for the flights and reflect on the poor decisions we made.

Basically, we want the following:

1) Strip club with the most lenient rules lol. In-room sounds good, but 2 girls entertaining 13 guys doesn't sound great. I can't speak from experience though. My reading suggests Little Darlings or Olympic Garden, but the best talent is apparently at the Rhino. I really don't know what to expect at these places other than I heard a dance is $20.

2) A show - perhaps blue man group, or a good comedian if they're in town (not Ray Romano)

3) A semi-reasonable dinner one night, maybe $100-150 a plate + drinks

4) ???? More strippers? lol

cgyITguy
03-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Go to Rhino, it's the best. Dances aren't that expensive, you can negotiate most things. If you have some people who have never been to a lapdance providing esablishment aka a real strip club (not this calgary bs)...some people will spend 4 figures there for sure....Guarenteed.

lilmira
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
^^ this man speaks the truth lol. The newbies usually spend a lot. If you get sweet talked to the champagne room, it's quite dangerous since they only collect the money when you quit. So if a newbie is gone usually he won't be back for awhile.

Mitsu3000gt
03-11-2013, 11:25 PM
^^ Haha that sounds dangerous, in a good way. I'm going to make sure everyone leaves their credit cards at home for sure.

I just heard the VIP room at the rhino is basically the same as out front, you just pay 3X as much, but the other clubs are better for that. These are just other people's opinions though it's hard to get a definitive answer about any of this stuff. We just want the groom to make some poor decisions he will thank us for later haha!

We'll probably just do the Rhino.

sexualbanana
03-12-2013, 12:58 AM
1) Rhino
- They have their reputation for a reason. The girls are fucking phenomenal, and pricing is basically the same as any other place.
2) Sapphires
- The place is gigantic, so there's a huge choice of girls. The quality is still good, though not as high as Spearmint.
3) Crazy Horse III
- Not terrible, just good. The quality range of girls there is much bigger.

Timing obviously makes a difference. Some buddies of mine went to Sapphires at 8am, and from what they tell me that's basically the shift for their 4th stringers.

2Legit2Quit
03-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Rhino has smoking hot girls and beers only cost like $12 opposed to $17 at Sapphire, I like both for the selection of hot bitches but prefer the Rhino. Olympic Garden was ghetto imo, dead as fuck when we went too on a Saturday

lilmira
03-12-2013, 09:27 AM
If you have enough people, sounds like you do, consider getting bottles so that all of you can sit together. Rhino is usually busy and it's very difficult to find seats on your own, ordering drinks one at a time plus tips adds up really quick. Just phone them and they'll send a bus to pick you up.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2013, 10:20 AM
I did read the Rhino had the best girls, but I also read they hustle like crazy, don't take no for an answer, and all the hot ones are tied up in VIP rooms with the high rollers. If the girls are hot, but incredibly annoying, that my not be too good.

I did hear that the best thing to do is call them up and get a limo/bus to bring us there though, so we get no line no cover. The table/booth is a good idea as well, unless it's like $1000/bottle for bottle service.

As for shows, any recommendations? These are the ones that are playing during the time we're there that seemed like they might be decent:

- Blue man group ($125.50)
- Every Cirque du Soleli ($75-$180 depending which one)
- David Copperfield ($85)
- Penn & Teller ($56)
- Terry Fator (apparently very funny) ($84.64)
- Jay Leno ($86)
- Seth Meyers ($71)
- "Fantasy" ($48) apparently one huge strip show in the Luxor lol
- "Laugh Factory" ($31)
- The Mentalist ($29.99)
- Hypnosis Unleashed ($43.95)

dj_patm
03-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I think XS was charging under $500 for a regular bottle (3 people per bottle). I can't see a strip club charging more then one of the nicest and biggest clubs in vegas.

lilmira
03-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah, it's not as much as what you pay at nightclubs. They know that you'll spend more on the other services ;). 100 or a bit more per person? Don't remember, like cgyitguy said, that's insignificant at the end of the night lol.

The girls hustle alright, that's what you want right? Just be patient and don't spend it all right from the getgo, eventually you'll get one and your face will be like this :D .

403ep3
03-12-2013, 11:10 AM

As for shows, any recommendations? These are the ones that are playing during the time we're there that seemed like they might be decent:

- Blue man group ($125.50)
- Every Cirque du Soleli ($75-$180 depending which one)
- David Copperfield ($85)
- Penn & Teller ($56)
- Terry Fator (apparently very funny) ($84.64)
- Jay Leno ($86)
- Seth Meyers ($71)
- "Fantasy" ($48) apparently one huge strip show in the Luxor lol
- "Laugh Factory" ($31)
- The Mentalist ($29.99)
- Hypnosis Unleashed ($43.95)

- Every Cirque du Soleli ($75-$180 depending which one) http://www.tix4tonight.com
- Terry Fator is worth the money
- The shows I have seen are: La Reve, Ka, O, Terry Fator, and Absinthe.. with a bunch of guys I would suggest Terry Fator and Absinthe (Absinthe is HILARIOUS)

sexualbanana
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I did read the Rhino had the best girls, but I also read they hustle like crazy, don't take no for an answer, and all the hot ones are tied up in VIP rooms with the high rollers. If the girls are hot, but incredibly annoying, that my not be too good.

They all hustle. And don't kid yourself. No matter what you say to yourself, you will probably end up in the VIP room, because they're just that damn good at their job.

The most hilarious part for me is watching how girls react to new arrivals because they know that it's usually just a pit stop on the way to another place, so they have a super short window to get as much out of guys as possible.

ExtraSlow
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
As a guy who has been to Vegas nine times now usually with groups of 6-10, and just got back last night, here's my thoughts:
Strippers:
- Don't waste your time at Little darlings, Olympic Garden or anywhere like that. If there's something that you can't get away with in the better clubs, it's because you're doing it wrong.
- Rhino is the gold standard, but honestly, Treasures has been top notch the last three or four times.
- a lot of the girls drive Bentleys and other high-end cars. They pay for those with what they make in the VIP rooms. You do the math on that.
- If you don't like one of the girls, don't be afraid to say no. This is hard for Canadians, but your manners can cost you a couple hundred before the night is out.
- Any of the clubs will give you free limo if you call ahead. Tip the driver the first ride, get their cell number, continue tipping them and they'll be your best friend in town.
- If you put the groom in a dress, make him change into pants before you go to the strip clubs. Those dresses ride up and are quite revealing.

Other tips:
- Don't expect to find a five dollar blackjack table in the evening. On the strip, most places are $15 minimums, and downtown the cheapest is $10. Daytimes downtown you can five $5 tables.
- Don't buy any drinks that come in extra large plastic containers. Either buy real drinks, or drink the free drinks while you gamble.
- Tip the cocktail waitress at the casino, and place your next order as she brings each drink.
- Be aware how large the casinos are. It may look like it's not far from TI to Belagio, but with a group of drunk guys, that's almost an hours excursion. Objects are farther than they appear.

cgyITguy
03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
ExtraSlow is correct on every point. Treat that as the gospel

Mibz
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
- Be aware how large the casinos are. It may look like it's not far from TI to Belagio, but with a group of drunk guys, that's almost an hours excursion. Objects are farther than they appear. A million times this.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Haha thanks for all the info!

Looks like the Rhino is pretty well the place to be. I'm guessing I will fold like a cheap tent while trying to turn down those dances lol - until I see how much it's costing me! I have heard the VIP is just way more money for the same dances though, but then again I have never been to Vegas! Is the VIP worth it to send the groom back there? Or will we just be buying him the same dances for triple the price? We won't put the groom in a dress haha.

Does anyone have much experience with the Cabanas? I've heard everything from $1500 including unlimited free booze, to free Cabanas but you pay for bottle service. We were thinking this would be good to do for an afternoon if it wasn't outrageously expensive.

ExtraSlow
03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Not sure about the cabanas, but bottle service can work out ot a reasonable deal.

When you consider that you end up paying a hundred bucks a guy to get in (or wait in line four hours and never get in), and then you pay for drinks and have nowhere to sit. Paying $500 to $1200 for a table and a few bottles ain't so bad. Plus you get a hot chick to pour your drinks and a plate of limes that will never ever run out. I don't know why the limes fascinate me so much, but I get endless enjoyment out of that little perk.

1-Oak was running a 2-for-1 deal on bottles last weekend. $475 for two bottles for seven guys. I'd bet they'll want you to buy four bottles for a group of 12. That's a decent club, but I'm not the beyond expert on vegas clubbing.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah we have pretty much zero interest in the clubs. We just want to see a show, gamble a bit, go to the strippers, the NY NY piano bar (apparently this is awesome?), do a nice dinner, and maybe a Cabana. The amount of time we spend devastatingly hung over may also influence how much more we do haha.

I also want to try sneak away to The Gun Store and also the Exotics Racing place. Not sure if I will have time though - we'll see.

dj_patm
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
When I stayed in NY NY we walked by the piano bar every night and it looked pretty busy but it was 100% an older crowd. Like everyone was in their late 30's minimum.

Just an fyi.

Also if you're in NYNY you might be tempted to go to Coyote Ugly but from everything I heard that place is an absolute hole.

Exotics are always worth it but that's a couple hours minimum.

trieu
03-12-2013, 09:06 PM
The song: "I fell in love with a stripper" is real. Like everyone else says, Rhino hands down.

SR54RNR
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah we have pretty much zero interest in the clubs. We just want to see a show, gamble a bit, go to the strippers, the NY NY piano bar (apparently this is awesome?), do a nice dinner, and maybe a Cabana. The amount of time we spend devastatingly hung over may also influence how much more we do haha.

I also want to try sneak away to The Gun Store and also the Exotics Racing place. Not sure if I will have time though - we'll see.

-the NYNY piano bar is always busy, mostly older crowd, but everyone is always singing in there and having a good time. the Pizza place across from the piano bar, I think its called Siricos, has amazing pizza.
-the restaurant in mandalay called Lupo is excellent for a nice dinner. theres also a bar on the 63(?) floor at "the hotel" at mandalay that has insanely good views of the strip at night.
-if you plan on going to del monicos (emeril legasse) or Steak (gordon ramsay) you need to book a reso at least a day in advance (always super busy)
-Exotics racing was well worth the time and money.. its 15-20 min drive from the strip, so if you're not booking a limo for the day, then just rent a car for the day from your hotel. its cheaper and more convienent to rent a car than to take a cab both ways. also if you have a rental car, and you're out at LV speedway, you're already half way to hoover dam, so thats worth checking out.
-Couldnt agree more with the comment that everything is 1000x farther away than it looks.