PDA

View Full Version : A not so great dealership experience (Long)...

ehos
02-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Ok, here's the situation:

My Eclipse's clutch pedal needs to be 'pumped' before it can shift. It happened on a -36 degree day in Ft. Mac. No problems the car drives fine but it eventually gets on my nerves. I KNOW it's the slave/master cylinder.

BUT, I take it to GWCJ from now on referred to as the 'stealership', aka co#Ksu#k'N, mf, etc etc on 170Th in West Edmonton, and the tool that stands up front says they'll 'look at it'.

Great. First, why do they have someone who barely knows ANYTHING about cars as the technical rep? Just because they might have some customer service skills? Whatever. I think the mechanic should be up there.

They 'look' at the car, which is exactly what they did, 'look'. I don't think they even opened my hood! (No finger marks on it, it was dirty).

And I get an estimate back for $1300!! Needs a new clutch. Uh, yeah, right. I come here, ask for advice (I was sure it was the slave/master, but wanted to make sure). And I took my car back, they still charged me for 'looking' at the car (um, did you even OPEN THE HOOD?).

I take it to Canadian Tire. The guy actually did some work, found it was the slave all along and said $200, installed, good to go.

Nice. Canadian Tire is always the best. It's first come first served, the people there KNOW about cars, and they fix shit.

The stealership can lick my balls. I'm going back to get a refund on the time they took to 'look' at it.

Sorry for the vent/rant, but come on! Also, they wouldn't let me talk to a mechanic (why not?), and they treated me like it was my fault the clutch failed (what? The clutch works perfect!).

Morons!

hjr
02-17-2004, 05:55 PM
canadian tire sucks if you dont know shit about cars (not you)cause sometimes they go to town on you, so if they raped the dealer in customer service, then you know the dealer is bad bad bad. they are a new dealership so i say complain to mitsubishi canada and tell them the problem, they NEED to know before anything can change. for all they know the dealer is top notch.

1badPT
02-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah exactly - all mitsu dealerships are new so they may have a friend of a friends son in there as the tech rep when he may not be suited to the job. As the dealership gets older they'll be able to make sure their staff is up to speed and maybe replace people who aren't good fits.

Good to hear you got it taken car of though. I would let mitsu Canada know about your experience as well.

EK 2.0
02-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
Yeah exactly - all mitsu dealerships are new so they may have a friend of a friends son in there as the tech rep when he may not be suited to the job. As the dealership gets older they'll be able to make sure their staff is up to speed and maybe replace people who aren't good fits.

Good to hear you got it taken car of though. I would let mitsu Canada know about your experience as well.

Eaxctly let them know for sure, that way it cant happen to another customer...

PS Now you know why us DSMer's call Dealerships SATAN:devil: