PDA

View Full Version : The League

dj_patm
03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Anyone watching this?

I started season one on American netflix and the first few episodes were freaking hilarious.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I could have sworn there was a thread on this already, but I can't find it.

The League is 10/10, one of the funniest shows on TV IMO (along with Archer and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia). If you just started watching, you will burn through episodes in no time.

dj_patm
03-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah I plan on doing so. Taco is fucking funny as fuck.

The episodes I've watched so far are non-stop. Haven't laughed this much watching a show since I watched Community for the first time and that's saying something coming from me and my unhealthy obsession with that show.

Awesome.

Mitsu3000gt
03-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Watch Archer if you want to laugh even harder haha. I don't normally like cartoons but I think it's the funniest show I've ever seen. It's on season 4 now.

dj_patm
03-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Watch Archer if you want to laugh even harder haha. I don't normally like cartoons but I think it's the funniest show I've ever seen. It's on season 4 now.

Yeah that's next on the list. I've been tearing through shows since the summer though. I need to take a break! haha.

Since June I've caught up in Breaking Bad, Community and Californication. Next I planned on watching Archer but The League fell into my lap and I can't stop watching.

buh_buh
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Archer, The League, and Workaholics are my top 3 right now.

wintonyk
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
i cannot get enough of the league. the entire cast is pretty funny. as a football fan too i like how they dust football events into things like player injuries and stuff.

Davetronz
03-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Oh man, The League is hands-down the funniest thing on TV.

Mitsu3000gt
03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Davetronz
Oh man, The League is hands-down the funniest thing on TV.

Have you seen Archer? Haha, it's the only thing I find funnier.

sexualbanana
03-19-2013, 03:13 PM

Archer is hilarious! Makes it funnier when you realize that the jokes about Lana's hands are rooted in truth, because Aisha Tyler's hands are fucking gigantic.

CapnCrunch
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes. Does it get better? The first was the pilot and I know they aren't usually that good. The second episode almost made me lol and was better than the first.

dj_patm
03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah I couldn't finish the pilot of Archer. Where should I start?

kertejud2
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

I watched the first 2 episodes. Does it get better? The first was the pilot and I know they aren't usually that good. The second episode almost made me lol and was better than the first.

It's an acquired taste. I wasn't crazy about it at first either, but after being forced through a season I started laughing more and more and even seeing some of the earlier episodes again I laughed at things I didn't the first time around. It definitely helps when you realize that you're not supposed to be rooting for any of the the characters.

Definitely worth giving an extra chance to.

The League is definitely on a different level though. Up there with It's Always Sunny.

sexualbanana
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
Yeah I couldn't finish the pilot of Archer. Where should I start?

Episode 3 is one of my favourite episodes of season 1

Mitsu3000gt
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

IMO starting with episode 3 it really starts to pick up. Seasons 3 and 4 are just 10/10 (IMHO). 4 is the current season.

Season 1, episodes 1 and 2 are probably the weakest of the whole series.

Or we maybe just have differing senses of humor haha. I figure if you like the League, you would like Archer though. Similar kind of raw/offensive humor.

There is an episode in the 4th season where a Cobra bites Archer's taint LOL. I love this show.