PDA

View Full Version : Vikings on History Channel

ipeefreely
03-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Anyone else check out the new Vikings show on History Channel?

XQFQN3-Pm8E

I wasn't too sure what to expected but I've watched the first two episodes and so far it's pretty good! :thumbsup:

The show runs on Sundays after Walking Dead (I think)...

heavyfuel
03-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I gotta catch up on that, my dad told me years ago that our ancient ancestors were vikings. Could finally maybe get some ink that isn't meaningless!

FixedGear
03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
I gotta catch up on that, my dad told me years ago that our ancient ancestors were vikings. Could finally maybe get some ink that isn't meaningless!

be prepared for everyone to think you're a white power neo nazi.

Darkane
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear

Clayton Bigsby?

civic_stylez
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Im into this show. Looks promising. I see it being a bit like an ancient version of sons of anarchy.

Hallowed_point
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
I like this show..the vikings were pretty badass!! :D

GorG
03-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
Im into this show. Looks promising. I see it being a bit like an ancient version of sons of anarchy. :werd:

I like the show thus far, I was wondering what they were going to do about the language barrier when they finally traveled west first person they capture,
"How do you speak our language?"
"I've traveled to a lot of places" ha ha.

jsn
03-14-2013, 12:21 AM
watched two episodes so far. Hard to tell if it'll be any good, but so far it has potential.

wintonyk
03-14-2013, 01:52 AM
watched the first episode and loved it. Excited for this show.

SKR
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
I like it so far. Some of it is kind of fucky though, like the part in the first episode where the guy gets executed and they're talking about whether he will or won't go to Valhalla. That whole thing is retarded, especially the part where buddy "curses" him.

heavyfuel
03-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear

Hahaha yup with an Asian GF and a 1/2 black daughter eh lol

CD007
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm liking it so far.
I'm alomost ready to give up on Walking dead and let this show take over my time.

civic_stylez
03-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by CD007
I'm liking it so far.
I'm alomost ready to give up on Walking dead and let this show take over my time.

Walking dead is really losing steam in my books. Im with you on that one.

nonofyobiz
03-29-2013, 08:22 PM
I like this show so far. Not much to say about it but looks like it's going to get intense. I want Ragnar *?* to split that Earls head with his axe!

ipeefreely
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I thought episode 4 was pretty bad... but episode 5 last Sunday was more like 1-3! :thumbsup:

I hope they can keep it up! :D

Anyone else still watching!! :rofl:

jsn
04-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I am. Great series so far. Can't wait till next week where he faces off against the Earl

dj_rice
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Just started watching it. Pretty awesome, sorta like a cheap Game Of Thrones :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

legendboy
04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Really enjoying this series, first show i have watched in years

jsn
04-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Cant believe how fast of a pace they're keeping. So much has happened already. I hope they keep up the pace and don't slow down like most other shows.

SKR
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by jsn
Cant believe how fast of a pace they're keeping. So much has happened already. I hope they keep up the pace and don't slow down like most other shows.

There is only 1 more episode and then it's done (9 total). So yeah, it's going to slow down big time.

legendboy
04-25-2013, 11:38 AM
aw that sucks

SKR
05-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Apparently I was incorrect. It's been picked up for a second season, 10 episodes.

Too bad I only found that out after I looked online to see how the show deviated from the real story. Now I know how it ends.

Trying to read about Norse history will make your head hurt. It's impossible to keep track of all the names and relations.

SKR
02-28-2014, 01:06 AM
New season started tonight. I hope you weren't relying on me to tell you that. It should replay a couple times through the weekend.

dj_rice
02-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by SKR
New season started tonight. I hope you weren't relying on me to tell you that. It should replay a couple times through the weekend.

Already been PVR'ed. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: I stumbled upon this show when I was channel surfing and glad I did. It fills my Game of Throne's fix.

J.M.
02-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Damn I still gotta catch up on the first season :banghead:

n1zm0
02-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by J.M.
Damn I still gotta catch up on the first season :banghead:

I just started the first season, more or less halfway through it, awesome show. I mean I like GoT and everything but not usually one who's into all that magic and make-believe medieval stuff, so this is great since it's more or less things that could've/did happen in human history, just in HD lol

I kind of paused for a moment thinking about that era, how things must've been back then in terms of foreign knowledge.

like them not knowing if there was anything to the west or not was kind of like, oh yeah I guess at some point they had no clue anything existed besides their land, then they started raiding the east as the show depicts in the Baltic area, then basically establishing what later supposedly became the Russian people.

Also those ships/boats, sailing from Scandanavia to the east coast of England in that thing :nut: just looking at the map of how far that really is.

Hallowed_point
02-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Love seeing my ancestors in action :devil:

Floki ftw

Darkane
02-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Love seeing my ancestors in action :devil:

Floki ftw

:rofl:

He's semi-retarded. I'd pick Rolli FTW.

Hallowed_point
02-28-2014, 03:44 PM
^ Meh I give Floki props for not converting to Christianity. And imo,
he's cunning and mischievous..not semi retarded :confused:

Darkane
02-28-2014, 04:59 PM
^ Meh I give Floki props for not converting to Christianity. And imo,
he's cunning and mischievous..not semi retarded :confused:

I have to watch further. I'm only on Ep 7 or 8 on Season 1.

He acts like a woman jumping around making noises.

403Gemini
02-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

I have to watch further. I'm only on Ep 7 or 8 on Season 1.

He acts like a woman jumping around making noises.

No, you're right. Floki is straight up full retard

colsankey
02-28-2014, 05:58 PM
He acts a little funny, but I think he definately falls into the cunning/touched side.

Definately a favourite through the season.

jsn
03-01-2014, 02:27 AM
I also always thought Floki was strange, but cunning. Pretty good episode. I had no idea it was back on tv. I literally just turned on my tv at the right time and saw it flipping through channels. Perfect timing :D. I love this show

Hallowed_point
03-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Vikings tonight..looking forward to this episode!

n1zm0
03-11-2014, 08:26 AM
So I got into this show and it's nothing short of awesome imo, after watching the first season I read up on the Viking article in wikipedia, Ragnar existed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok), the whole exploring the west, raiding the monastery on Lindisfarne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindisfarne#Vikings) and pillaging around with the kingdom of Northumbria all happened, here I thought it was just a show depicting what Vikings normally did back then.

I had to stop very short of reading too much into the articles once I realised the show is basically a motion picture autobiography of Ragnar Lodbrok :rofl: , so don't read too much of it like I did :cry:

Dave P
03-11-2014, 09:22 AM
WHERE ARE THE HORNED HELMETS????

haha

Awesome show!

Hallowed_point
03-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
WHERE ARE THE HORNED HELMETS????

haha

Awesome show!

LOL..gotta love how Christianity
has perverted history..anything to
make the Vikings seem demonic.

They did the same thing with the
Chinese and dragons totally distorting
the symbolism to represent evil rather
than good luck etc.

Hallowed_point
03-28-2014, 02:05 PM
That last episode was intense. I'm really liking
the monk Athlestan and the visions he's having
since being crucified. Curious to see what happens
with him.

n1zm0
03-28-2014, 02:36 PM
That last episode was intense. I'm really liking
the monk Athlestan and the visions he's having
since being crucified. Curious to see what happens
with him.

PTSD from hanging out with the Vikings too much :D

I was thinking though, when they go back to Kattegat and burn the winter grain and stuff, he knew he was going to fight Jarl Borg and most likely win his town back, so he wins and now there's no more grain :/

diamondedge
03-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Just started watching this, the action is great. Oh, and Rollo looks like Henrik Zetterberg.

Mitsu3000gt
05-20-2014, 11:42 AM
I fired this up last week, just started Season 2. Good show overall, kind of a mix between Spartacus and Game of Thrones.

The only thing I don't like as much is all the ridiculous stuff about the Gods (signs, curses, etc.), however that's probably accurate for the time period.

n1zm0
05-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I fired this up last week, just started Season 2. Good show overall, kind of a mix between Spartacus and Game of Thrones.

The only thing I don't like as much is all the ridiculous stuff about the Gods (signs, curses, etc.), however that's probably accurate for the time period.

well it's basically a biopic of Ragnar Lodbrok (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok), I like the show alot, hard to imagine people fought like that en masse back then.

95EG6P
05-20-2014, 02:33 PM
is season 2 all finished on tv yet?

Mitsu3000gt
05-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P
is season 2 all finished on tv yet?

Pretty sure it is, I have up to episode 10 and I don't think there is any more.

Darkane
05-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah it appears done.

colsankey
05-20-2014, 03:14 PM
It's over, but has been renewed for season 3.

On March 25, 2014, History renewed Vikings for a third season of 10 episodes, which will premiere in 2015.[24]

95EG6P
06-02-2014, 01:07 PM
just finish watching season 2 and it is cray, i think i like it more than games of thrones. Viking has more action right now then game of thrones:clap:

JRSC00LUDE
06-02-2014, 01:37 PM
just finish watching season 2 and it is cray, i think i like it more than games of thrones. Viking has more action right now then game of thrones:clap:

Cray? :dunno: Did you mean Crayfish? :confused:

95EG6P
06-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Cray? :dunno: Did you mean Crayfish? :confused:

cray = crazy
i watch alot of BET so my ghetto slang is top notch lol:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
06-02-2014, 02:01 PM
cray = crazy
i watch alot of BET so my ghetto slang is top notch lol:thumbsup:

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

freshprince1
06-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Just caught up with the Season 2 Finale.....wanted to get some opinions on how it rolled:

OK, so what was the deal with Floki, when did he decide not to betray Ragnar? Was it the plan all along from a few episodes back? They did not explain in much detail why Floki started questioning his loyalty to Ragnar in the first place, then they didn't really explain when/why he went back? The mushrooms he gave to Torsten to fake is death was obviously a set up...but why then did he give them to Rolo as well? Also, did Rolo survive the attack? I lve the show, but that whole Flokii side-track really confused me. I'm glad that he stayed loyal to Ragnar in the end because I've always liked Floki, and his relationship with Ragnar.

Mitsu3000gt
06-16-2014, 09:17 AM
This is the best summary I could find, since I was a bit confused as well:

http://www.tv.com/shows/vikings/community/post/vikings-season-2-episode-10-the-lords-prayer-review-139896667206/

Apparently Floki and Ragnar were in on it all season long.

There seems to be no explanation for why Rolo got the mushrooms as well, however it seemed to make him stronger because he was ready to fight when the King's men found him, and he was pretty damn sick before. Maybe the mushrooms were good and for Rolo and he gave the other guy something else. I'd be shocked if he's dead though, for such a main character to die and not even show it would be very strange.

The King's son may be alive still, I'm not sure. The king begged Ragnar to spare him and you never saw him in the last few scenes. Hopefully it's all clear in S03E01, which is unfortunately not until 2015.

Also.... the Blood Eagle :eek:

Tik-Tok
06-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Floki was pissed at Ragnar for being arrogant and not religious enough, but I'm fairly certain he had never switched sides, he would have told Ragnar as soon as Horik approached him, and just played the part to see where Horik was going with it.

The mushroom scene did confuse the shit out of me too though. It made no sense.

freshprince1
06-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
^^ I was a bit confused by the Floki bit as well. I think he was just getting frustrated by Ragnar's battle decisions and such. The King was always playing his ego as well. Still, I didn't find it entirely clear.

You could tell Floki had turned back though when the king said to kill someone important, and Floki gave him that look and said he had made his choice (implying it was the king himself). Then you see him give the mushrooms to Torsten and Rolo, but I have no idea why Rolo got them. I originally thought it was to make him more comfortable, but maybe he gave them to both guys in case one didn't work. I think Rolo is still alive because he looked like he could fight (somehow) in the last scene that he was in, despite his injuries. He's also a main character and I don't think they would kill him off without even showing it.

Also at the end, I couldn't tell if it was Ragnar's kids or the King's kids who got killed. Ragnar was livid, so I thought they were his, but in a summary of the episode I read, it said they were the King's kids.

Also.... the Blood Eagle :eek:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Floki was pissed at Ragnar for being arrogant and not religious enough, but I'm fairly certain he had never switched sides, he would have told Ragnar as soon as Horik approached him, and just played the part to see where Horik was going with it.

Good points. My wife suggested that the mushrooms may have been hallucegenic (sp?) in nature, allowing Rolo to forego his pain so he could fight and defend himself. While this could make sense, it doesn't explain why Torsten got them. Unless they were different mushrooms....the one Torsten got made him violently sick for a while, and Rolo's to help with pain. Either way, it was not well explained.

Interested to see what King Ragnar will be up to.

n1zm0
06-16-2014, 09:32 AM
^He grabbed 2 different kinds iirc, but yeah my fiancee said kind of the same thing that Torsten's shrooms were like temporarily incapacitating, to further the effect that he's dead, idk

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I think it was to make the viewer have even more speculations that Floki might actually do all those things for King Horik. If it confused the shit out of all of us then I guess the writers are doing something right (or wrong).

Mitsu3000gt
06-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Sorry I edited my post a lot...I found that decent write up on TV.com and assuming it's correct, it clears up most things (except the mushrooms haha).

nonofyobiz
03-14-2015, 12:02 AM
What's going on with this show?
Just watched S03E04 and i'm confused about everything going on back home.
I'm on edge wondering what's going to happen in Wessex to, everything there is going way to good and you know something's gotta give. This show does a good job at building tension and sometimes you don't even know why lol:nut:

SKR
03-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz
What's going on with this show?
Just watched S03E04 and i'm confused about everything going on back home.
I'm on edge wondering what's going to happen in Wessex to, everything there is going way to good and you know something's gotta give. This show does a good job at building tension and sometimes you don't even know why lol:nut:

I just wish the Danes didn't whisper so much back then. It's hard to keep track of things when you can barely hear them.

Also I'm getting real sick of hearing about how everyone goes to Valhalla.

SneakyNeek
03-30-2015, 02:05 PM
MY GOD NOW HERE IS A SHOW WITH AMAZING ACTING.

Ragnar, i just cant get over how good of an actor this guy is, his facial expressions are priceless.

2Legit2Quit
03-30-2015, 02:28 PM
RIP church bro, at least he got to slay some fine pussy before deaded

Mitsu3000gt
03-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Season 3 is pretty good so far, I'm 1 or 2 episodes behind. The addition of the creepy wanderer seems interesting, and I am enjoying the story line in Wessex.

SneakyNeek
03-30-2015, 05:20 PM
in the newest episode there is a great part when Ragnar meets a rather large fellow. his expressions and what he says is priceless. i wont spoil anymore then that but it was what prompted me to restart the vikings train on here

nj2Type-S
03-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Vikings is a sweet series. i just hate it when they get all weird about religion and stuff, lol.

lagertha = :love: :thumbsup:
aslaug = :barf: :thumbsdow

Tik-Tok
03-31-2015, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr.SpoilerAsshole

God damn it. I know I shouldn't be in here without being caught up, but use some fucking spoiler tags.

J.M.
03-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SKR
12-06-2016, 09:17 PM
This is back on again, started last week. I don't think it was promoted very well. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Lazylegs is going to tear some shit up.

colsankey
12-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Thx for the heads up, have seen 0 ads for this..

toshi45
12-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Awesome. Was a good episode !...

Great Show !

:thumbsup:

n1zm0
12-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by SKR
Lazylegs is going to tear some shit up.

According to the real life history of Ivar, he kicks some serious ass later as efficiently as his father ;)

Dave P
12-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

According to the real life history of Ivar, he kicks some serious ass later as efficiently as his father ;)

And he may or may not of actually been disabled haha.

Sounds like all the sons eclipse Ragnar