PDA

View Full Version : Official: Sweetgrass Montana run, May 4th.

spikerS
03-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Alright, so with the amount of people looking for help, and with Baygirl and I liking to do road trips, we have ended up here.

We will be travelling to the states for a road trip on the weekend of May 4th. On our way home, we are willing to stop and pick up shipments at the border and bring them back to Calgary.

If you are looking for us to bring back item(s) for you, you will have to agree to the following:

1) You will have to provide a signed letter to us, allowing to pick up your package. With this letter, We will require an invoice you got when purchasing the item, and be prepared to give us a copy of your driver's license as well. The whole idea here is that if you try and make us mules, you are coming down with us.

2) ALL packages will be opened, no exceptions. We won't go blabbing to everyone about your shipment of Dildos and sex dolls to anyone, but we are going to discover them. If you don't like that, well, then you will have to find another way to ship them. Again, this is for our own protection, of if we need to find out country of origin or whatever.

3) You are expected to chip in for gas, and any and all costs associated with bringing your package(s) across the border. Any duties, gst, tariffs, taxes, whatevers. We are not going to be out of pocket for your package.

4) all monies are to be given to us upfront BEFORE we leave. If you give us too much, we will return the difference with the package to you. If there is an unexpected cost, we can, in most instances cover it, but we will not release the package to you until we are re-imbursed.

5) If we suspect at any time that the package you are asking us to bring home for you is suspect in any way, IE drugs, human trafficking, whatever, we will call you and let you know that alternate arrangements need to be made.

Let us make this perfectly clear. We are not doing this to make a buck, we are not doing this as a business. We are doing this to help out the community. We are NOT under ANY circumstances going to put our neck on the line for you.

We can bring back anything yo need. We will have the capacity to bring back large and small items or almost any weight.

Let us know if you want a package brought back for the May 4th weekend.

rethu
03-18-2013, 06:37 AM
nice sharing

SikAssR1
03-18-2013, 08:22 AM
You guys are offering a great deed, but have a bottle of advil handy.

.jl-
03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks, I'll be sending you a pm early April, once I get in touch with my buyer in the US

vtec
04-14-2013, 02:44 PM
pm'd

Tik-Tok
04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Might I suggest something? Have all shipments go to ONE border storage facility. There are now several at Sweetgrass, and it might cause you more headaches than you need if you have to go to all of them.

I'll definitely have some things for you to pick up, assuming they get there before you go.

DeleriousZ
04-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Might I suggest something? Have all shipments go to ONE border storage facility. There are now several at Sweetgrass, and it might cause you more headaches than you need if you have to go to all of them.

I'll definitely have some things for you to pick up, assuming they get there before you go.

Word, I've had good success with the montana shipping outlet in sweetgrass the 3 times I've used em. Super close to the border!

Tik-Tok
04-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

Word, I've had good success with the montana shipping outlet in sweetgrass the 3 times I've used em. Super close to the border!

On the same token, I have NOT had good experience with "At the Border Storage".

The owner told me one of my packages hadn't arrived yet, then just as I was back in Calgary, called me and said "it just showed up now", then when I got home I checked the tracking number, and it had been there for a week. When I called her out on it, all she said was "Oh, sorry, well this wouldn't have happened if you had given me the tracking number" (which I did when I was down there).

It would have been one thing to just have made a mistake and said sorry, but to lie about it saying "it just showed up today after you left.", and that I never gave her the tracking number??? F'ing B.S.

RickDaTuner
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
That's right beside at the border storage, which charges $5 per package regardless of size up to 60lbs

Either place is awesome to deal with.

rp_guy
04-14-2013, 04:56 PM
i've had success with MSO so i would recommend them. just be aware that they are only open every second weekend if you aren't going during the week.

drtoohotty1
04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Pm'd

spikerS
04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
Pm'd

dude, since when is a text a PM? :rofl:

drtoohotty1
04-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by spikers

dude, since when is a text a PM? :rofl:

hey i just said private messaged i didn't say by which medium :D now quiet im losing street cred with beyonders lol

VTEXTC
04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Spikers,

Did you get my PM?

Cheers,
A

.jl-
04-17-2013, 09:10 AM
I sent a PM as well

Dj_Stylz
04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Hey spikers your inbox is full.

baygirl
04-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Hey spikers your inbox is full.
He hates having to clean out his inbox, it's almost like a obsession with him:rofl:

gamman
04-20-2013, 08:42 PM
I would love to do this, doubt I can get it there in time. Hmm. Which place should I ship it to?

spikerS
04-20-2013, 10:09 PM
someplace open on saturday lol

2BLUE
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
So are we shipping to one place only?

unkicrackie99
04-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Very interested, sent you a PM.

Cos
04-21-2013, 10:15 AM

drtoohotty1
04-21-2013, 10:21 AM
We won't go blabbing to everyone about your shipment of Dildos and sex dolls to anyone

:rofl: :rofl: I still think someone should buy a box of these just so they have to declare them at the border :rofl:

Unknown303
04-21-2013, 10:34 AM

:rofl: :rofl: I still think someone should buy a box of these just so they have to declare them at the border :rofl:

Someone should just order a single massive fist dildo.

baygirl
04-21-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Unknown303

Someone should just order a single massive fist dildo.
He blushes if I take him to the sex store, can only imagine what he would be like being questioned by customs:(

spikerS
04-21-2013, 11:45 AM
if people can, have the items shipped to the Montana Shipping Outlet. They will be open on Saturday.

Sweetgrass Location
412 Oak Street | PO Box 369
Sweetgrass, MT 59484
(406) 335-7447
[email protected]

frozenrice
04-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for sharing the info on that one.
I switched my location to that one just to make sure.

I haven't been able to verify if the one run by "Roger" at Railway Street is open on Saturdays. I thought I had read somewhere that he was, but other places I've read say it isn't. :dunno:

FYI, Montana Shipping Outlet has a spot for registration on their website. I'm not 100% sure if it is necessary to register or what it's for, but went ahead and did it anyways. Shouldn't make the assumption that you don't need to. Last thing you want is for spikers and baygirl to get down there and there is an issue with your package.

DeleriousZ
04-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I'd definitely register, and send them an email about the package that's coming in, and who's coming to pick it up. If they know what's going on ahead of time they'll be able to better execute the whole massive pickup.

Spikers do you have room for a set of tires?

spikerS
04-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I will have room for damn near anything. If I can't fit it all in my truck, there are a couple trailers I have access to that I can drag behind me to grab everything.

2BLUE
04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Ok so what have we decided on a pick up fee?

Are we flat rating, everyone gives you xxx amount......

Thanks.

spikerS
04-21-2013, 10:27 PM
At this point, it is kind of a donate what you feel is appropriate based on the distance travelled and weight / size.

I am not "charging". I am doing a road trip with Baygirl, and she wants to go into the states as she never has before. Figured as a good will gesture I can help Beyond out and pick stuff up on the run.

2BLUE
04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
At this point, it is kind of a donate what you feel is appropriate based on the distance travelled and weight / size.

I am not "charging". I am doing a road trip with Baygirl, and she wants to go into the states as she never has before. Figured as a good will gesture I can help Beyond out and pick stuff up on the run.

Its great you guys doing it, I just have no clue what to offer, I figured everyone flat rate and everyone wins.

Also on the GST and whatever else (Enviro Fee ) Tires) you want cash upfront, so just give you enough to more then cover everything and picking it up etc..

Was looking for a customs calculator but most online are out to lunch.

spikerS
04-21-2013, 10:59 PM
I am telling everyone to over estimate duties, but each person is responsible for their own and doing their own research as to what they will be.

Like I said before, if there is anything left over after import, the difference gets returned. For example, you give me $50 to cover duties and taxes. Duties and GST come to $35. That means when you pick up your items from me, you also get $15 back.

As for chipping in on gas, whatever. my truck is getting 14l/100km. If I have to pull a trailer, it is going to be a bit worse. I am estimating 750km return trip.

A2VR6
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Can the Sweetgrass location receive shipments from Fedex/UPS? I see that theres a PO Box in the address and thought that USPS is the only one that can deliver to PO boxes.

2BLUE
04-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
Can the Sweetgrass location receive shipments from Fedex/UPS? I see that theres a PO Box in the address and thought that USPS is the only one that can deliver to PO boxes.

http://www.montanashipping.com/montana-shipping-sweetgrass.php

Receiving Services:

Montana Shipping Outlet receiving services

For our new Alberta neighbors, we offer a U.S. street address for receiving your US mail order goods, internet purchases and business inventories. Montana Shipping Outlet is your solution to those high international shipping and exorbitant brokerage fees. We receive from all shippers, UPS, Fedex, USPS and freight companies. Fees range from $1.50 for envelopes up to $20 a pallet for freight, with most items being $3. Click on the receiving button, call or email us now for details! (406) 335-7447

2BLUE
04-23-2013, 01:10 AM
I am telling everyone to over estimate duties, but each person is responsible for their own and doing their own research as to what they will be.

Like I said before, if there is anything left over after import, the difference gets returned. For example, you give me $50 to cover duties and taxes. Duties and GST come to $35. That means when you pick up your items from me, you also get $15 back.

As for chipping in on gas, whatever. my truck is getting 14l/100km. If I have to pull a trailer, it is going to be a bit worse. I am estimating 750km return trip.

Thanks for all the info! No duty on my stuff its all Nafta etc.

What's your full name? I have to email them to let them know someone is going to pick up my package I'm guessing...?!?!?!

When are you meeting up with everyone etc?!?!?!

RickDaTuner
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE

Thanks for all the info! No duty on my stuff its all Nafta etc.

What's your full name? I have to email them to let them know someone is going to pick up my package I'm guessing...?!?!?!

When are you meeting up with everyone etc?!?!?!

There will still be a 5% GST charge regardless of it being nafta or not

spikerS
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

There will still be a 5% GST charge regardless of it being nafta or not

And be prepared. I can't afford to be paying everyone's duties and stuff.

If you tell me it is covered by NAFTA, and the border wants to charge duties, prepare for me to leave it at the side of the road. Not trying to be a dick here, but I am not fronting a ton of money. If you are short a few dollars, no big deal, I will cover it, more than that...well, just remember any money not used to pay duties gets returned.

03ozwhip
04-23-2013, 02:11 PM
ummmm...yaaaa, i missed it lol carry on.

spikerS
04-23-2013, 02:16 PM
I will try to pick up anywhere people send me. Someone pointed out that some places may not be open on Saturdays, while the Montana Shipping outlet is open 10-2 on every second saturday, which on may 4th, is a second saturday.

03ozwhip
04-23-2013, 02:29 PM
^^actually i just looked and it says every 1st and 3rd saturday 10-2 man....

spikerS
04-23-2013, 02:31 PM
which is pretty much every second saturday, may 4th. :nut:

03ozwhip
04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
yaaaa, right over my head for some reason, i got it lol

DeleriousZ
04-23-2013, 03:00 PM
I'd call them or email them to make sure ahead of time!

2BLUE
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Yeppers fully aware of the GST. :thumbsup:

2BLUE
04-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Order Made :thumbsup:

Hopefully it gets there in time!

spikerS
04-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Just a friendly little bump and a reminder.

We will be headed down on Friday night and returning Saturday.

Still have room in the truck if anyone else needs something picked up.

Tik-Tok
04-29-2013, 05:42 PM
pm'd

hurrdurr
04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Willing to get some cases of Cherry Pepsi? :D

Black Gts
04-29-2013, 06:41 PM
If you're gonna grab him Pepsi Ill take a couple bags of the new chips lays has out. :)

Cos
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM

drtoohotty1
04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Actually yeah I could use some beer. Lol

I was thinking the same thing im gonna text you now spikers :D

thinmyster
04-29-2013, 06:50 PM
I have a roof rack there now. Ill let you know in the next day or two.

spikerS
04-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Actually yeah I could use some beer. Lol

I was thinking the same thing im gonna text you now spikers :D

LOL, I am on it!

Seriously though, I am willing to bring back as much as the truck holds for people. As long as I have cash up front, and you chip in a reasonable amount for gas, I don't mind.

Cos
04-30-2013, 08:04 AM

spikerS
04-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Thats fine, another guy is posting on my FB to bring back a couple 2-4s for him too.

Just so you guys know, we won't be down there long enough for any kind of personal exemption, so duties will apply on it.

ExtraSlow
04-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Buying alcohol in the USA isn't worth it if you have to pay duty in my opinion. Besides, the gas station in sweetgrass has a shit selection, and pretty high prices. They know they are the only game in town.

Cos
04-30-2013, 09:38 AM

thinmyster
05-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Pm'd you

BigShow
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Can that storage facility handle/accept 300lb freight?

spikerS
05-01-2013, 06:56 PM
best bet would be to ask them.

BigShow
05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
They don't answer the phone :dunno: (during business hours)

spikerS
05-01-2013, 10:35 PM
oh, was shown this tonight, good way to estimate duties and such.

http://www.crossbordershopping.ca/calculators/canadian-duty-calculator

oh, and can someone drop a marker on google maps for me as to where Montana shipping outlet is in sweet grass? google isn't finding it.

frozenrice
05-01-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't think Oak Street actually shows up on google maps.

I did get an email from Montana Shipping Outlet yesterday saying my package is there. This was in the email :

When coming from Canada, take the Sweet Grass exit after you cross the border. Turn left onto Loop Road (If you reach the Duty Free Store, you missed the left). Continue down Loop Road for approximately 1/4 mile, I will be on your right-hand-side, on the corner of Loop Road and Oak Street. It is an off-white colored warehouse with a green roof.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/sweetgrassmap_zps1c9fea61.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/frozenrice/media/sweetgrassmap_zps1c9fea61.jpg.html)

Based on the picture from their site,
http://www.montanashipping.com/images/location-sweetgrass-trans.png

I'd assume it's this building. You can vaguely see the shipping dock in the google satellite image.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/montanashippingoutlet_zps68181dfc.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/frozenrice/media/montanashippingoutlet_zps68181dfc.jpg.html)

Tik-Tok
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
The one with the Red roof is "At the Border Storage", I think Montana Shipping outlet is the building across the street to the right, with the white roof.

DeleriousZ
05-02-2013, 08:50 AM
The one with the arrow pointing to it is MSO.

The road is paved for the most part but turns to gravel just before you get to it. It's bumpy as fuck so take it easy if you've got a trailer.

KRyn
05-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Damn I wish I would have decided to order something earlier I could have gotten you to pick it up! :banghead:

thinmyster
05-02-2013, 01:53 PM
pm'd and emailed you a couple things.

Thanks

thinmyster
05-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Spikers did you get my info? I pm'd you, emailed you all my info and EMT you money for the trip but havent heard anything back.

spikerS
05-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Well, made it to great falls tonight, and about to crash and start cashing the EMTs. last chance for anyone to tell me to pick something up

Tik-Tok
05-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks again Spikers & Baygirl! Muchly appreciated!

spikerS
05-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks again for the feedback guys! appreciate it.

Funny, I got feedback for this, and didn't get a damn thing from the dashcam group buy. :rofl:

Unknown303
05-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Spikers if you are as handsome as you are nice Baygirl is really lucky. :love:

spikerS
05-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Spikers if you are as handsome as you are nice Baygirl is really lucky. :love:

:love: :love: :love:

Nah, the nicer you are, the uglier you are. Before Baygirl, my official residence was under a bridge.

vtec
05-06-2013, 02:36 AM
yea props to Spikers for helping out the community!!

:thumbsup:

spikerS
05-06-2013, 08:59 AM
alright, so I fucked up and missed one persons' packages, so I am burning a vacation day and heading back down bright and early tomorrow morning.

If you have a package waiting down there, let me know.