PDA

View Full Version : Ball hockey leagues

CaptainReboot
03-17-2013, 07:27 PM
I currently have a team registered in CSSC for ball hockey. We've been playing there for 2 years now and looking for a bit of a change. The big things I don't like about CSSC are the heavy DOM sticks, some of the really small gyms they use, the "spirit" points and calling our own penalties.

We're just playing for fun (currently a rec team in CSSC), so we're not looking for anything super competitive. The two that I've looked at are the IBHL and the GHL. Superleagues appears to be too competitive.

Has anybody played in the IBHL or GHL before?

?????
03-17-2013, 07:38 PM
I've played in all 3. What would you like to know?
I'd say the next step up would be IBHL and then GHL.

IBHL and GHL are smaller leagues so you'll realize that a lot players play on more than one team.

CaptainReboot
03-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm curious how competitive the leagues are, if one is more than the other. Like I said, we're just doing this for fun, so nothing hardcore.

How are the gyms like? Do the refs actually call stuff like slashing, high sticks, etc?

Which one do you like more?

FullFledgedYYC
03-17-2013, 10:16 PM
IBHL was extremely recreational in my opinion.... Superleagues really isn't that bad if you are in the lowest div.

Alterac
03-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Ive played CSSC, GHL, and Superleagues also.

CSSC = Spirit Points! woo High fives all round, you get a medal for last place.
GHL = Actually worth keeping score, can play using real sticks (no tape).
Superleages = Penaltys, Ref's, etc. Need some more gear to play.

There are a ton of divisions in Superleagues, lowest div is pretty rec, but the cost is a fair bit steeper ($220+ each player, plus a new team you need home and away jerseys)

Im also looking for a team, I play Wing.

flipstah
03-18-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm in CSSC right now for floor hockey and there is an intermediate league for the ones that can step their game up.

CaptainReboot
03-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Is superleagues co-ed? It didn't look like they were. We have some pretty good females on our team.

GHL schedule doesn't seem to line up with CSSC so we'd have to skip a season to sign up with them.

prosh
03-18-2013, 03:33 PM
No superleagues co-ed currently available. If you want a step up from CSSC, try IBHL or GHL. Both are more competitive than CSSC and you're not stuck with the lame duck gay rules of CSSC.

Quiet10
03-18-2013, 04:14 PM
If you want to play rec and have some fun, I'd try GHL. I have been in IBHL for the past 3 or 4 seasons, and lets just say I've got issues with how they run things.

GHL is fun, fair, and they play in some good gyms as well. And they have good refs too.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. :thumbsup: