PDA

View Full Version : Are A/C paint sprayers worth it for Home Renos?

B20EF
03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I have about 7 new interior doors, 5 or 6 sets of closest doors, baseboards etc to paint at my place. I find painting with a brush ok but I dont like brush lines and it can seem time consuming to use a brush.

I noticed paint sprayer's for an air compressor are only like $50 at Home Depot. It seems like it would be nice and easy to buy one of these attachments.

I would just do it in my garage. Probably throw a tarp over the stuff I have in my garage so paint doesnt coat everything.

Is setup and cleanup easy enough? Do the cheap ones do a ok enough job to do some interior finishes like doors and baseboards?

codetrap
03-17-2013, 09:16 PM
I did all my baseboards with a HVLP sprayer. did a great job, and made it super easy. However, it got a fine paint dust EVERYWHERE in the garage, and I ended up having to replace the filter on my compressor.

B20EF
03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Thats the sprayer I was thinking of getting. The light coating of paint on everything is a little concerning though.

Projek01
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Depending on how big your air compressor is, it may fall behind in supplying air. A "5HP" compressor with a 20gal tank will only sray for about 1 min or 2 before you have to let it charge again. Make sure you get a air/oil separator, air regulator and pour the paint through a strainer into the gun. Best finish you can get!