PDA

View Full Version : Catholic churches with confessional booths that are open 24/7

prettylude
03-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Alright, so once again I would love everyone's opinions and advice :D

I was raised Catholic but I stopped believing and attending church about eight years ago. Due to some recent tragic events everything keeps pointing me in the direction of God.

Does anyone know of any Catholic churches that are open 24/7 and have those confessional booths like in the movies?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

BananaFob
03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by prettylude
Alright, so once again I would love everyone's opinions and advice :D

I was raised Catholic but I stopped believing and attending church about eight years ago. Due to some recent tragic events everything keeps pointing me in the direction of God.

Does anyone know of any Catholic churches that are open 24/7 and have those confessional booths like in the movies?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm not sure any of them are open 24/7. The way it works in real life is that you call in to the parish office and just book a time for a confession.

prettylude
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by BananaFob

I'm not sure any of them are open 24/7. The way it works in real life is that you call in to the parish office and just book a time for a confession.

Thank you
:)

prettylude
03-21-2013, 11:22 AM
& thank you to the mod(s) for the thread change :D

JfuckinC
03-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Good luck finding restitution, but i'd suggest something that would work, like seeing a proffesional or drinking... :poosie:

turbotrip
03-21-2013, 11:41 AM
just out of curiosity, what is the purpose behind confessing your sins in catholicism?

ercchry
03-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Good luck finding restitution, but i'd suggest something that would work, like seeing a proffesional or drinking... :poosie:

click on the link in her sig :rofl:

nvm, thought it was for her instagram... look up her instagram

HuMz
03-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Why do you need the catholic church to confess your sins. Jesus should be the only mediator you need between yourself and god. I used to be catholic and left the faith and stopped believing for many years. Until I realized god was calling me back and picked up a bible to realize there are many contradictions in most man made church doctrines which go against what the lord said.

prettylude
03-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Originally posted by turbotrip
just out of curiosity, what is the purpose behind confessing your sins in catholicism?

Originally posted by ercchry

Not that its anyone's business but I've been seeing a psychologist since the age of 6, my mother is a raging alcoholic and yes I'm a major pothead.

I'm not sure what the purpose would be, maybe relief or maybe I'm looking for a different cooping strategy because obviously the psychology and THC aren't doing the job anymore.

prettylude
03-21-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't want to attend church I just want to talk to a catholic priest to make sure god is not what I need.

sputnik
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

Uh. So much for keeping personal information off the Internet.

http://instagram.com/p/XD0EZCn4eH/

prettylude
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks for everyones replies, including the sarcastic ones. Pat yourselves on the back, really.

HuMz
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't want to attend church I just want to talk to a catholic priest to make sure god is not what I need.

No priest will be able to tell you whether or not god is something you need. It's a decision you will ultimately make on your own. Why don't you pick up a bible and study a few other religions books to see if god really is calling you to faith.

ercchry
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM

I'm not sure what the purpose would be, maybe relief or maybe I'm looking for a different cooping strategy because obviously the psychology and THC aren't doing the job anymore.

honestly, a lot of us probably grew up catholic... and it really hasnt done much for anyone. the best thing you can do for your own inner peace is to be self reliant, and to have a clear mind, and not live every day in an altered state. yeah, some times its nice to escape a shitty reality with the help of drugs (prescription, or not) but its just a band-aide. people are creatures of habit. if you leave them in the same environment they will always fall back into the same patterns.

everyone i know that has become successful and lived a normal life coming from a family that for lack of a better term was "broken" left at 16 and didnt look back. they went and built everything on their own, removing themselves completely from the poisonous home life they grew up with

prettylude
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
:facepalm:

Never mind guys, forget I even started this thread. Seriously.

:closed:

DeleriousZ
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks for everyones replies, including the sarcastic ones. Pat yourselves on the back, really.

Any time you post anything on a public internet forum, especially personal stuff, you're opening yourself up to every kind of response. It's foolish not to expect some negative ones, especially when it comes to anything even remotely close to religion.

prettylude
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

Any time you post anything on a public internet forum, especially personal stuff, you're opening yourself up to every kind of response. It's foolish not to expect some negative ones, especially when it comes to anything even remotely close to religion.

Yup, shame on me. Thread closed please :)

sputnik
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
edit before i get blamed for something...

JfuckinC
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Haha sorry, i just think youre wasting your time turning to that. :dunno:

It's about time you put your instagram to private, these guys will do a number on you :rofl:

prettylude
03-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Clearly :rolleyes: