PDA

View Full Version : HVAC (Furnace) - Who to use?

Masked Bandit
03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
It doesn't seem like Beyond has a go-to furnce guy (A/C guy, but not furnace). I need some work done in the next week or two and other than going with someone from the radio I don't really know anyone in the business. I would prefer a shop that's a Lennox dealer. Any recommendations from shops you've used and are happy with?

sputnik
03-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I would skip Lennox and move to Bryant/Payne.

Lennox has dropped in quality over the past 10 years and if you talk to guys that fix furnaces more than half of the time they are working on a Lennox that has failed.

Bryant is also very picky as to which installers they allow to install their product, you won't be getting a random Joe selling you one.

Masked Bandit
03-22-2013, 01:53 PM
My furnace doesn't need replacing (it's only five years old), just some repairs / maintenance. I would rather have a Lennox guy working on a Lennox furnace, that's all.

Darell_n
03-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Every repair guy is a Lennox guy. ;) Like a yard maintenance guy that works on grass, they all do.

Darell_n
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
I would skip Lennox and move to Bryant/Payne.

Lennox has dropped in quality over the past 10 years and if you talk to guys that fix furnaces more than half of the time they are working on a Lennox that has failed.

Bryant is also very picky as to which installers they allow to install their product, you won't be getting a random Joe selling you one.

Lennox / Carrier has probably 98% of the furnaces in our homes, hence the amount of work from them. Doesn't mean quality is bad.

Bryant is build by Carrier. Nearly all brands are built by the same 2 or 3 manufacturers. Same as kitchen appliances.

frozenrice
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
If you're just looking for furnace maintenance, there's Arpi's or Service Masters. Both are Lennox dealers. I'm sure there's a few others, but those two are the ones that come to mind when Lennox is mentioned.

If you're just looking for a routine furnace maintenance check etc, even most furnace duct cleaning companies have some sort of furnace service package.

78si
03-22-2013, 08:04 PM
I got a furnace guy. Pm me for the number

ga16i
03-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Service Experts, they do heating and A/C and are Lennox guys.

5.9 R/T
03-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Avoid Arpi's.

A790
03-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Anton on here runs Fresh Air Furnace. He'd be a good guy to chat with :)