PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i ever sleep?

88CRX
02-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Within the last year or so i can never get to sleep... i always toss and turn. Never fall into a "deep" sleep and never seem to feel rested :dunno: what gives. I will feel exhausted but i will just lay there for hours on end trying to get to sleep.

I have tried reading before bed, walking around the block, full out runing, changing my diet. Everyting. What the fuck? any suggestions?

And btw, when i get a cold or something i usually pop back a couple night-quills and voila... those seem to work... but i dont want to be popping pills everynight (which i havent')

I'm thinking it may be time to pay a visit to the doctor :dunno: anyways off to bed
:banghead:

Boost Infested
02-18-2004, 12:34 AM
beers! shooters! LOL :rofl:

88CRX
02-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
beers! shooters! LOL :rofl:

oh ya.... forgot that.... drunk = good sleep till i have to actually get up and do something.

YCB
02-18-2004, 12:47 AM
weed makes good sleep too

djfob
02-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by YCB
weed makes good sleep too

yep this always cures my restless nights but you don't really wanna be relying on something to sleep all the time.

LEBMAN
02-18-2004, 12:53 AM
i have the same problem....wtf?

Ben
02-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Sounds corney but your bed makes a world of difference.

Any stress in your life?

1badPT
02-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah good point. If your bed resembles a hammock or a bowl it might be time to replace it :D and stop being so rough on it, that's what the couch is for :tongue:

BigShow
02-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Other than the bed itself, what else could be preventing sleep? I'm thinking it must be stress related?

EstoMax
02-18-2004, 01:19 AM
last night i couldnt fall asleep either.. mab its sometihng in the air... and im taller than my bed so thats one problem i know, but i cant fit a queen size bed in my room :( so i sleep diagonally :tongue:

anyone know if they make extra long twin mattresses or something?

help us!:whipped:

max:)

1badPT
02-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Get a wooden chest and put it at the foot of your bed. Stack cushions until its at bed level :P

nismodrifter
02-18-2004, 01:38 AM
Insomnia OWNZ JOO!!!!

Beyond late night crew represnt y0!!!!!!;)

so hard to get to sleep for me too, I find that if you try your hardest to sleep at the SAME time every night and wake up at the same time everday then you will fall to sleep alot easier, if I screw up one day and stay up till like 3 then my whole week is screwed

it is stress related, too much shit going through your head makes you go crazy and you think of this shit when you are trying to get to sleep and end up just laying there till like 5 in the morning...

Ben
02-18-2004, 01:46 AM
My sleeping issue is def. stress based. But it will all be over soon :)

CalgaryB5
02-18-2004, 02:00 AM
Stress here too... :confused:

Z_Fan
02-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Sleeping problems are often signs of depression and stress. A lot of people are depressed and don't even realize it, and a sleep issue is often a symptom. Stress is a big factor too. So think about those two things for sure...

Also, the bed is always an issue. But if you've had the same bed for a while, and the sleep problem is new...it could be something else! Get in to a routine as well. Go to bed at the same time. Get up at the same time. Don't drink before you go to bed cuz you will wake up to relieve yourself... Don't watch TV or use the computer at least for one hour before you go to bed. These things stimulate your MIND.

Not sure your age, however, Sex is often something that will help you sleep better! Probably because it is a stress reliever...but that might help too...

Good luck.

max_boost
02-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Sounds corney but your bed makes a world of difference.

Any stress in your life? The bed sure makes a world of difference!:thumbsup: I've always found that in order to get a good night's rest, you need to also rest your mind. Don't think too much!

403Gemini
02-18-2004, 04:17 AM
must be our end of the city, im havin the same problems for the last lil while

Ashkente
02-18-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
The bed sure makes a world of difference!:thumbsup: I've always found that in order to get a good night's rest, you need to also rest your mind. Don't think too much!

That's my problem :(

ecstasy_civic
02-18-2004, 10:08 AM
My sleep patterns are fucked too.

I work at 4:30am and dont goto sleep until 11:30--12am.
I dont get any sleep but thats because if I goto bed any earlier I just toss and turn, then im fucked for the rest of the night.

t3rry
02-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Sleeping problems are often signs of depression and stress. A lot of people are depressed and don't even realize it, and a sleep issue is often a symptom. Stress is a big factor too. So think about those two things for sure...

Also, the bed is always an issue. But if you've had the same bed for a while, and the sleep problem is new...it could be something else! Get in to a routine as well. Go to bed at the same time. Get up at the same time. Don't drink before you go to bed cuz you will wake up to relieve yourself... Don't watch TV or use the computer at least for one hour before you go to bed. These things stimulate your MIND.

Not sure your age, however, Sex is often something that will help you sleep better! Probably because it is a stress reliever...but that might help too...

Good luck.

that cant be all true, i know i am depressed and i sleep fine :D

DJ Lazy
02-18-2004, 11:36 AM
I have sleep problems too, I can go to bed at like 3-4am sleep till 11:30am-12pm and wake up and feel great.. but if I go to sleep at like 10pm and wake up at 6am I am still super tired and don't feel rested...

I use to have the problem where I couldn't fall asleep for hours.. but that has passed...

WIERD:dunno:

RC-Cola
02-18-2004, 11:44 AM
I have also found in the past the if you try to stay awake, but don't do anything (watch tv or play on the computer) I fall asleep very quickly.

tommy1223
02-18-2004, 12:02 PM
it's the bed. and stress. get a new bed and pillow. and try to deal with stress.

and go tlak to a doctor.

sometimes i cant sleep too, for me the problem is the pillow i have.

thats y i have 6 pillow on my bed. that way i can pick and choose.

Chim
02-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Set your alarm at 5 AM tommorow. I guarentee by tommorow night you'll be sleeping well

ehos
02-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Sex. Sorry somebody had to say it, it helps me sleep really well.

Gets rid of stress and depression too :)

JAYMEZ
02-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Change the direction your sleeping , change ur mattress , change ur bedding .

t3rry
02-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Change the direction your sleeping , change ur mattress , change ur bedding .

maybe change who you sleep beside?? :rofl:

(since yer changing everyhting else)

i actually havethe opposite problem, i sleep no problem between 8-10 hours a night, but i never feel rested when i wake up

JAYMEZ
02-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Ya add another women to the bed while ur at it :D

GTS Jeff
02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
invent your own 49 hour day.

FiveFreshFish
02-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by EstoMax
anyone know if they make extra long twin mattresses or something?

Yes, but sheets are hard to find and expensive compared with regular sheets.

http://www.abed.com/images/sleepcenter/dimensions.gif

http://www.abed.com/sleepcenter/dimensions.html

JAYMEZ
02-20-2004, 01:39 AM
CA KING , now that would be wicked to have

t3rry
02-20-2004, 08:55 AM
that CA king would suck, its much narrower then the wife would really push ya off

Gwen
02-20-2004, 10:45 AM
flannel sheets have worked wonders for me, sounds kinda weird, but I will never go back to anything else

so soft.....i am going back to bed now