PDA

View Full Version : Best sushi in Vegas?

will_e_chill
03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Anyone have any recommendations for sushi restos on the strip?

Heading there in a couple weeks and willing to spend some cash on good sushi.

I've been to Sushi Samba which I thought was good but want to try some place else.

rage2
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Nobu Hard Rock. While I haven't tried all the top sushi restaurants, Nobu was by far the best. There's a new Nobu inside Ceasar's palace too, haven't tried that yet.

natty54
03-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Todai if you want to pig out. Granted its not top quality but you really cant go wrong. I loved it!

SIC1
03-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Nobu or Sushi Roku (both at Caesars)

If you are going to rent a car, go off strip - Oyshi is my go to or Sushi twister (very close second).

403ep3
03-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm def going to try nobu when I go there next. Not the best but yellow tail isn't bad

npham
03-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Roku is average. I wasn't that impressed. I need to try out Nobu to give you a better comparison, but it's not as good as Tojo's.

sexualbanana
03-25-2013, 11:37 PM
I can't remember what the restaurant was at the Palazzo (might've been Sushi Samba). That was good.

Todai is good by AYCE standards.

AndrewMZ3
03-26-2013, 12:17 AM
You should also check out BarMasa in Aria. It's the more casual version of Masa from New York. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masa_(restaurant)

The toro tartare with caviar is amazing. Last time I went we just did a tasting menu where we just give them a budget of how much we're okay spending and then the chef just decides what to make.

Maxx Mazda
03-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Another vote for BarMasa here

JRSC00LUDE
03-26-2013, 08:49 AM
This is info. that would have been AWESOME last week. :banghead:

403ep3
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
I don't mind paying a premium for really good food but is BarMasa really worth it? I saw the prices and they are quite steep

Tik-Tok
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I don't mind paying a premium for really good food but is BarMasa really worth it? I saw the prices and they are quite steep

Best sushi I've personally ever had, and also not worth the price for a blue collar schmoe like me, lol.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
This is info. that would have been AWESOME last week. :banghead:

yMQhXc1dHIQ

AndrewMZ3
03-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3

If it's any indication on worth, I plan to go again next time I'm down there. Would probably even try Masa if I'm in New York based on my experience at BarMasa in Aria.

Every detail, from presentation to the temperature of the sushi itself, results in a very enjoyable meal. Even the California rolls were good since they use chunks of king crab instead of shredded crab like most places. They also had some interesting dishes such as an Uni Risotto which was quite delicious. But my favourite dish as well as everyone else I went with was the Toro Tartare with Caviar.

All of the fish is fresh too. They do not use any fish that has been sitting for more than 24Hrs

dj_patm
03-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AndrewMZ3
You should also check out BarMasa in Aria. It's the more casual version of Masa from New York. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masa_(restaurant)

The toro tartare with caviar is amazing. Last time I went we just did a tasting menu where we just give them a budget of how much we're okay spending and then the chef just decides what to make.

Since this is Beyond-Baller-Ville, I better ask, how much is an acceptable budget to get at least half full?

rage2
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
I've easily been able to spend 200 a person at these baller sushi joints. Nobu (in London) was prob the worst, over $1k on lunch for 4 lol. Was worth every penny.

AndrewMZ3
03-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm

Since this is Beyond-Baller-Ville, I better ask, how much is an acceptable budget to get at least half full?

We did $250 a person on the tasting menu and I could have probably had a bit more. I do eat a lot though. To get semi full I'm normally at $80 before tip at Kinjo between me and the wife, but my wife doesn't eat too much.

AndrewMZ3
03-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Their menu has the tasting menu start at $75/85 which I'm sure would be a decent amount of food. I think it's just the type of items you get that changes as you increase the budget not so much quantity. For instance the Toro Tartare is listed as $68 on the menu so I'd assume if you go with the minimum tasting budget you won't get that.

RX_EVOLV
03-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Todai in Vegas :barf:

Japanese food is not cheap in Vegas!!

When we stayed at the Mirage it was an easy $60 + per person at Japonais just for a light snack and >$1,500 for dinner (party of 7, including sakes). Japonais is just your average Vegas sushi place too :nut:

rizfarmer
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Koi in PH hands down. Truffle sashimi:drool: :drool: :drool:

rizfarmer
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
But almost 2gr /4people and only a bit of booze:nut:

sexualbanana
03-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by AndrewMZ3

We did $250 a person on the tasting menu and I could have probably had a bit more. I do eat a lot though. To get semi full I'm normally at $80 before tip at Kinjo between me and the wife, but my wife doesn't eat too much.

That's my thing with sushi. If I eat, I eat because I am hungry. Paying by the order for sushi, I could easily spend an excessive amount of money, which I'm way to cheap to do. Thus why I almost only go to AYCE joints.

AndrewMZ3
04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

That's my thing with sushi. If I eat, I eat because I am hungry. Paying by the order for sushi, I could easily spend an excessive amount of money, which I'm way to cheap to do. Thus why I almost only go to AYCE joints.

I used to almost exclusively go for buffets when in Vegas. The problem was I was always irresponsible with it and eat until all I wanted to do was pass out. Resulted in many wasted evenings haha