PDA

View Full Version : Europe Honeymoon Help!

GingeRRRBeef
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey guys,

I got married last June and the wife and I finally think we're ready to go on our honeymoon.

Here are the destinations we would like to go and I'm hoping Beyond's seasoned travelers can give me some tips how to travel smart.

Time Length: 3 weeks
UPDATE When: June, July or August - we are fairly flexible
Places: We would like to go to London, Paris, Rome, possibly Venice. We hope to see and do as much as possible in these 3 cities in 2 weeks and spend the remain 1 week in the Greek islands.

Aside from Rick Steves' guide book, where else should I look for places to stay, best way to travel, what to eat etc etc.

UPDATE: We're basically going there with two back packs.

Thanks in advance.

flipstah
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Well you HAVE to go to a Michelin star restaurant. :bigpimp: :thumbsup: :drool:

Myrrinda
03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
BEST way to travel is train, by far. It's convenient, and scenic, and comfortable. Not always the cheapest way to travel though. Sometimes flights are cheaper. Check out Easyjet, for instance. If you plan wisely though, trains can be more cost effective. For instance, if you take a sleeper train, you save on a hotel fare for the night, and you don't have to deal with checked luggage and airport lines. The only downfall to a sleeper train is that they wake you in each country you travel through to check your passport. Still better than a plane IMO.

For places to stay, it depends on whether you want a hostel or a hotel. For hostels I use http://www.hostelbookers.com/ For hotels, I'd use tripadvisor or something to check out reviews.

Edit: When are you thinking of going?

GS430
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I'd suggest Croatia as well if you can squeeze it in there.

GingeRRRBeef
03-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Myrrinda
Edit: When are you thinking of going?

We are thinking of going during the summer months. We're fairly flexible but June, July or August sometime.

Myrrinda
03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

We are thinking of going during the summer months. We're fairly flexible but June, July or August sometime.

I would recommend June, since July and August are overrun with tourists, and the locals all leave...especially in Paris. I don't think anyone works in July.