PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone screen repair

sillysod
03-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Dropped my S3 yesterday off the big truck at work and cracked the screen.

I know there are lots of places that fix them but has anyone here actually used one and if so who and how was the work.

Appreciate it.

GQBalla
03-27-2013, 10:23 AM
I called an ad on Kijiji asking the same question.
First ad and the guy i spoke to said it would be 265 plus tax

I asked if i could pay cash and have no tax, he said no.

I looked online and found a screen/digitizer/glass replacement for 185 shipped.

Went that route. Youtube is all you need.

JustinMCS
03-27-2013, 10:54 AM
I dropped my S3 yesterday too. It went down concrete steps without a case. You can imagine how well that went. I found a guy on Kijiji who will exchange my S3 screen/digitizer/frame with Samsung for 180. I will pay him and get my new screen and reinstall it myself. Already took the phone apart, was easy.

I used this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo93EF7rVIw

Heru-Farukon
03-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Dropped my bb9900 (cracked, pieces of the screen missing) and a kijiji poster said 280ish to fix. Ebay 70 and came with a new screen and digitizer

Ebay and youtube are the only tools you need.
*some currency and small hand tools may be required.

NoMoreG35
03-29-2013, 07:15 AM
The display is OK? Just buy a screen digitizer on eBay and do it yourself. Won't cost over $200 and it's easy. I did it on a couple of my phones.

sillysod
04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I need my phone for work and can't mess around with waiting 2 weeks to get it fixed.

I went to phonefreaks in Forest Lawn and got it swapped out $319.00 (so $120 more than me doing it myself and $60 more than some dude off kijiji doing it in a parking lot). Couple young guys there did a great job on it and I am very happy with the job.

Phone is like new again and I am running my tech21 armor case on it again - this time I won't keep taking it off.