PDA

View Full Version : Zma

rob the knob
03-30-2013, 05:30 PM
guys, i wish to purchase ZMA.
can you please recommend a specific brand, even recommend a specific purchase location. please post links.

Cooked Rice
03-31-2013, 03:10 PM
It's all the same stuff. ZMA is a very simple blend of Zinc and Magnesium, some companies add B6, tribulus, 5-HTP etc. I just go to Superstore, Wal-mart for ZMA. Are you trying to increase your natural test or just get a better sleep?

Tej.S
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
I think Rob's just trolling(judging from all of his other posts).

duaner
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
I just purchased two of these yesterday:

COR-Performance ZMA (http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/cor-performance-zma.html)

I got it mainly for the tribulus and GABA (Y-Aminobutyric Acid), neither of which I tried as supplements before. Unfortunately I couldn't find it online in Canada.

rob the knob
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM
im not trolling.

i want it for sleep and increase test.

i did some research. decide to do magnesium and zinc like you say you did.

Originally posted by Cooked Rice
It's all the same stuff. ZMA is a very simple blend of Zinc and Magnesium, some companies add B6, tribulus, 5-HTP etc. I just go to Superstore, Wal-mart for ZMA. Are you trying to increase your natural test or just get a better sleep?

zipdoa
04-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Tej.S
I think Rob's just trolling(judging from all of his other posts).

Robs english isn't very good, but he's a long time member.

Sometimes his posts come off as being a bit... funny. Good guy though.

chathamf
04-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Anyone think this stuff actually works?

HomespunLobster
04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
I've been taking ZMA for just under a month now. I'm 24 this month. Didn't do it for testosterone boost. I don't feel any different in that aspect.

I sleep like a log, or a rock, or something else that is immobile. I haven't hit snooze since 3 days after I started taking the stuff (I was a snooze 3-5 times before waking up kind of guy). I feel rested when I wake and no need to lay in bed.

I'd say give it a shot.

shadowz
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I found when I took ZMA, it was very difficult for me to wake up. I actually just stopped taking it once I finished the bottle. But the sleeps were very deep

Supa Dexta
04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Robs english isn't very good, but he's a long time member.

Sometimes his posts come off as being a bit... funny. Good guy though.

Search out his posts from when he first signed up.. His english was fine.. Hes a super troll.

HomespunLobster
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
I found when I took ZMA, it was very difficult for me to wake up. I actually just stopped taking it once I finished the bottle. But the sleeps were very deep

Yeah, if I try to wake up prior to a good 8 huors it's impossible. but at 8 hours I'm up and at it.

EK69
04-03-2013, 04:50 PM
which of the 2 ingredients is responsible for increased testosterone and which is for the better sleep?

and how much do you guys pay for a bottle of the stuff?
saw it at GNC for $30 something for a 30day supply (90 capsules @ 3 capsules a day)

any other supplements for increasing free testosterone to help with muscle development and growth?

i was reading very briefly about actual testosterone supplements or something... anyone tried those? any good? or a load of bullshit?

:hijack:

//edit
quickly checked out bodybuilding.com store and you can get 180 capsules for $25 bucks or less lol

HomespunLobster
04-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by EK69
which of the 2 ingredients is responsible for increased testosterone and which is for the better sleep?

and how much do you guys pay for a bottle of the stuff?
saw it at GNC for $30 something for a 30day supply (90 capsules @ 3 capsules a day)

any other supplements for increasing free testosterone to help with muscle development and growth?

i was reading very briefly about actual testosterone supplements or something... anyone tried those? any good? or a load of bullshit?

:hijack:

I think I paid $30. Not sure on which really increases testosterone. The one study I read was pretty much what I think is true. If your body isn't producing the testosterone from a deficiency of magnesium/zinc, increasing your intake of the two will allow your body to produce at capacity again. It won't over produce it, just bring it up to normal levels. So if you are already maxed out with your testosterone for what your body produces, you really can't make it produce more until you start introducing things such as steroids. Hence why ZMA really doesn't do as much for a young, healthy male since he's already full of testosterone.

EK69
04-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster

I think I paid $30. Not sure on which really increases testosterone. The one study I read was pretty much what I think is true. If your body isn't producing the testosterone from a deficiency of magnesium/zinc, increasing your intake of the two will allow your body to produce at capacity again. It won't over produce it, just bring it up to normal levels. So if you are already maxed out with your testosterone for what your body produces, you really can't make it produce more until you start introducing things such as steroids. Hence why ZMA really doesn't do as much for a young, healthy male since he's already full of testosterone.

so then would steroids be the only source for increasing production of testosterone? i see other products on the bodybuilding.com store that are supposedly enriched with other stuff (example, http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/musclepharm/battle-fuel-xt.html ) but this has less zinc and magnesium than the zma only supplements

Tej.S
04-03-2013, 10:36 PM

so then would steroids be the only source for increasing production of testosterone? i see other products on the bodybuilding.com store that are supposedly enriched with other stuff (example, http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/musclepharm/battle-fuel-xt.html ) but this has less zinc and magnesium than the zma only supplements

There are other supplements that can increase testosterone production(ie. test boosters, DAA, tribulus <- stay away from trib lol), which wouldn't be classified as steroids. You honestly just have to know what ingredients you're dealing with and what you're putting in to your body. General rule of thumb is that if you have no idea about what you're going to purchase, don't purchase it until you do.

If you're using a supplement to get test from an exogenous(produced outside the body) source, make sure you get blood work done to see that everything is in balance. Also, be sure that whatever you use for extra test does not cause suppression(shut down of natural test). The benefits of ZMA for boosting test level purposes is pretty minimal, unless your deficient.

403ep3
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Pardon my lack of laziness to go to a store but does anyone know of anywhere near The Bow that sells ZMA?

EK69
04-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Pardon my lack of laziness to go to a store but does anyone know of anywhere near The Bow that sells ZMA?

looks like GNC is NOT the place to go for a good price
(yes yes, could have seen that coming :rofl: )

if you can wait for it, get double the quantity (180 capsules) from the bodybuilding.com shop for less than what you would pay here for 90 capsules

unless theres some other online shops within canada that have it at a good price

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/all/zma.html
i saw that for $30-35 in GNC i think (90 capsules) and its $25 for 90capsules plus shipping

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/zma.html
this is double the amount of capsules for the same price
i did not see this brand in GNC here to compare the price

so, to compare prices, what are some good online stores people have used here for supplements?

would make for a good reference list for everyone

EK69
04-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S

There are other supplements that can increase testosterone production(ie. test boosters, DAA, tribulus &lt;- stay away from trib lol), which wouldn't be classified as steroids. You honestly just have to know what ingredients you're dealing with and what you're putting in to your body. General rule of thumb is that if you have no idea about what you're going to purchase, don't purchase it until you do.

If you're using a supplement to get test from an exogenous(produced outside the body) source, make sure you get blood work done to see that everything is in balance. Also, be sure that whatever you use for extra test does not cause suppression(shut down of natural test). The benefits of ZMA for boosting test level purposes is pretty minimal, unless your deficient.

why stay away from tribulus?

Tej.S
04-05-2013, 12:52 AM

why stay away from tribulus?

1. No scientific/clinical studies done to support the claim that it boosts test
2. It's results, if any, fluctuate far too much amongst individuals
3. It's a waste of money. People have said that it increases libido, others say it's just a placebo lol.

Did I miss anything?

littledan
04-05-2013, 11:15 AM
tribulus is good for libido. you'll be bustin allllll kiiinnnddssss of nuts.

Tej.S
04-05-2013, 01:24 PM
No evidence to support that claim though :p

Maybelater
04-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Search out his posts from when he first signed up.. His english was fine.. Hes a super troll.

I wish you didn't have to go and ruin it for me. :cry: