PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Basketball player breaks leg *PICTURE not for the squeamish*

C_Dave45
03-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh SNAP!!!!

cOg7ErDDbF0

BigDannyCool
03-31-2013, 05:23 PM
damn, can't imagine the pain of that. sucks cause they are probably gonna win the championship too

theken
03-31-2013, 05:42 PM
thats fucking gross

sexualbanana
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Dammit, Dave. Why'd you have to put that up?

By far, the worst injury I've ever seen on a basketball court.

2.2vtec
03-31-2013, 07:14 PM
How does that even happen? Could any of us just jump and land with the potential of our leg to break like that?

eglove
03-31-2013, 07:14 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhg

ouch

88CRX
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
And that's why his teammates were in tears. And why they wouldn't show a replay on tv. Gross. Does the bone come out of the skin, couldn't watch the whole thing.

CanmoreOrLess
03-31-2013, 07:43 PM
It happened to my teammate, he went into the boards hard behind my net. I glanced over and thought he was having an epileptic fit, then I saw his skate in the air at an odd angle, the leg bone where it ought not to be. The bone was so ultra white, a couple of teammates vomited and the game was called. It was fucking gross beyond description, I cannot imagine continuing the game. I will not watch the video, been there.

Supa Dexta
03-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Ughhhh, Gross.

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
How does that even happen? Could any of us just jump and land with the potential of our leg to break like that?

Yep, Its really not that hard to break a bone with force in just the right (wrong) place.. I've had 7 broken arms/hands over the years.. I drink milk like a mofo, and am in decent shape too, but have had some bad luck in the bone department..

1-Bar
03-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
And that's why his teammates were in tears. And why they wouldn't show a replay on tv. Gross. Does the bone come out of the skin, couldn't watch the whole thing.

Yup. Great example of an open fracture. They look more severe then they usually are. No one likes to see open exposed bone, well most people.

AE92_TreunoSC
03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
!#$% That's up there with Darren Puppas incident for me. I am very squeamish and always ignore warnings. :banghead:

AaronK
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Brutal, saw this live and couldnt believe it... That'll be some crazy long recovery time too

ICEBERG
03-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Played Soccer most of my life, and seen this happen A lot... Never a good sight.

sexualbanana
03-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
It happened to my teammate, he went into the boards hard behind my net. I glanced over and thought he was having an epileptic fit, then I saw his skate in the air at an odd angle, the leg bone where it ought not to be. The bone was so ultra white, a couple of teammates vomited and the game was called. It was fucking gross beyond description, I cannot imagine continuing the game. I will not watch the video, been there.

I agree, gross. But it was likely the impact with the boards that broke your teammate's leg, right? This was jumping and landing, something that happens a million times a game.

beecue
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Clear shot...

http://i.imgur.com/6gWpoez.jpg

:barf: I've never seen anything like that.

I had Duke winning the final against Michigan. :(

smokedog
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

What happened to your team mate after the injury? Did he fully recover?

xnvy
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
HD
Os7HP7F60vo

guessboi
04-01-2013, 12:19 AM
OMFG. :cry:

LongCity
04-01-2013, 12:37 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/207w4l5.png

Edit: beecue beat me to it. Not a good look for adidas, either. With what happened to Derrick Rose and all the idiots blaming the injury on adidas. I know full well it's not the shoe's fault but the branding is all over those pictures.

brucebanner
04-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
!#$% That's up there with Darren Puppas incident for me. I am very squeamish and always ignore warnings. :banghead:

I'm the same way, ugh. :banghead:

lilmira
04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
I wonder if he landed with his leg straight and the shock shattered his tibia. How long does it take to fully recover from that? A year?

Vmack
04-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
I wonder if he landed with his leg straight and the shock shattered his tibia. How long does it take to fully recover from that? A year?
they said approx a year. surgery was successful and a rod was placed into the lower leg.

C_Dave45
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
What happened to Darren Puppa? I don't remember anything like that.

civic_stylez
04-01-2013, 11:20 AM

I know the injury you are talking about but it was Clint Malarchuk. Guy has his jugular completely severed and still skates off the ice on his own. Tough as nails. Ive been a goalie my whole life and this was always a worry with the way guys crash the net.

icJgO6j1y_E

At the end of the OPs video you can see his team mate in the back ground pass out.

C_Dave45
04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Oh Malarchuk, yeah I remember that one. Watched the game in fact. Puppa was playing for Sabres back then

revelations
04-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Malarchuk did not skate off on his own, youre thinking of the Zentnik incident. He immediately skated to the bench and was in the dressing room in seconds.

AE92_TreunoSC
04-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I always thought it was Puppa, I never looked for the fucking video after seeing that when I was a little kid haha. Thanks for letting me relive that wonderful memory. :banghead:

max_boost
04-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Holy shit that indeed sucks. Hope the kid will be alright.