PDA

View Full Version : So I go home with this girl.

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Last night I go home with an old friend, on the way home she's telling me about this new car that her dad just brought in from Vancouver. She says it's a Porsche but other than that she doesn't know too much about it. So I'm think okay older 911 or something like that. We get back to her houseand step into her garage to check this car out and as we're sliding the cover off I see the little RUF badge on the hood. I'm thinking "holy fuck it can't be" slide the whole cover off and the first thing that pops into my head is "Fuck I own this car in a video game!!" what do we see you ask?

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2000_porsche_ruf_rgt-1.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2000_porsche_ruf_rgt-2.jpg

Not exactly the RGT but it looked identical and was a Carrera R, I just about left a mess all over the garage while I was staring at this thing.

I have some pics on my digi but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get them on my computer right now, I'll try and get them up ASAP.

t3rry
02-18-2004, 01:55 PM
:hitit:

(then maybe her old man will let you drive it :D )

max_boost
02-18-2004, 02:02 PM
haha :rofl:

I take it you will be calling her more often?:D

EstoMax
02-18-2004, 02:03 PM
she's a keeper!!!! :clap:

is she hot too?

max

Kona9
02-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Did ya bend her over the Hood? Now that would be cool!!!!!!!

P.S. sweeeeeet car

EK 2.0
02-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Lucky Bastard...does she have a sister??

hjr
02-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Fuck dude, i would have had a heart attack! haha, did you talk with her dad? (being old friends i assume you know him)

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 02:37 PM
haha no we got to her house at like 3 in the morning. He is a member at the golf course I work at so I've talked to him a few times, I'll see if I can get him to bring it to a track day or something. :D

benyl
02-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Does she need another friend? hahha j/k

Where are the pics?!?!?

itsnotaDUB
02-18-2004, 02:44 PM
damn you better marry that girl C.

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to find somewhere to host them right now. :banghead:

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 02:48 PM
http://free.filehost.ca/DUBBED/Lind%20Porsche.JPG
http://free.filehost.ca/DUBBED/Lind%20Porsche%202.JPG
http://free.filehost.ca/DUBBED/Lind%20Porsche%203.JPG
http://free.filehost.ca/DUBBED/Lind%20Porsche%204.JPG

Bad pics due to lack of space and my fat ass but you get the point. :bigpimp:

Team_Mclaren
02-18-2004, 02:53 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: holy shit, get on with her man!!! shes a keeper! got a pic of the chick?:D

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: holy shit, get on with her man!!! shes a keeper! got a pic of the chick?:D

hahaha yeah but thats for me only!! :bigpimp:

euro tang
02-18-2004, 02:55 PM
the pictures are too small, I cant really see the car

nismodrifter
02-18-2004, 02:55 PM
HOLY SHIT

benyl
02-18-2004, 02:59 PM
:eek:

BigShow
02-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Damn, is this girl's name Nicki?

R-Audi
02-18-2004, 03:40 PM
To get in on the name game, Its The Culberts? I posted pics of this car a few weeks ago!
So, kinda a repost!!!:clap:

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 03:58 PM
hahaha yeah ^^^ same car. My pics are better though!! :bigpimp:

^SkylinE^
02-18-2004, 04:39 PM
:banghead: Why can't i ever find the hot ones with rich daddy's and :bigpimp: cars!:banghead:
but nice CAR!!!!:clap:

Loose
02-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey, that's sweet.

Good idea for the high roller's whos wifes have a leash on their spending:

You tell your wife you're buying a Porsche and sneak a RUF into the garage. They'll never know:clap:

t3rry
02-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Last night I go home with an old friend, on the way home she's telling me about this new car that her dad just brought in from Vancouver. She says it's a Porsche but other than that she doesn't know too much about it. So I'm think okay older 911 or something like that.

haha, since you aren't the first one i'd say she knows exactly what the car is an just uses it to get guys to her house :D

m10-power
02-18-2004, 05:11 PM
WTF is a Carrera R :dunno:
That's worse then sticking a Type R sticker on a civic...

Chester
02-18-2004, 05:14 PM
gotdamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:eek: :drool:

XylathaneGTR
02-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
WTF is a Carrera R :dunno:
That's worse then sticking a Type R sticker on a civic...

A special edition model of a Carrera.
Its actually made by porsche in UBER limited edition (i think.) Unlike those type R civics which can be made with a quick visit to megazone.
That thing is fucking :eek:
wow.

m10-power
02-18-2004, 05:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes a regular Carrera with a R badge added, and ruf wheels...:rofl:

Nothing to wank over...

EK 2.0
02-18-2004, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes:

Yes a regular Carrera with a R badge added, and ruf wheels...:rofl:

Nothing to wank over...

Dude, its still a 911

m10-power
02-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Go down to South Center and see a pile of them at any one time, was made out to sound like something exotic, which it isnt.

ZorroAMG
02-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah well it is still a panty remover, more than you can say about YOUR ride.

/////AMG
02-18-2004, 05:32 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: HOLY SHIT!

Keeperrr

m10-power
02-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah well it is still a panty remover, more than you can say about YOUR ride.

Hahahaha, I don't need a car to get laid, that would be pathetic...
My cars are sleepers, and not wanna be cars.

blinkme_210
02-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Damn... that is awesome...

SI-vic
02-18-2004, 06:51 PM

Hahahaha, I don't need a car to get laid, that would be pathetic...
My cars are sleepers, and not wanna be cars.

oh sorry. we all forgot that you are just jealous and looking for excuses to put down the car.

integra_vate
02-18-2004, 07:27 PM
he even has a carpet for his shoes daayymnn now that is high roller i noticed the passenger has a much larger carpet. :bigpimp:

boostedDsm
02-18-2004, 07:42 PM
m10-power

:rolleyes: What the hell do you drive then? I guess a porsche 911 isn't good enough for you? Everyone talks so much smack on this forum about other people's cars when they probably don't own shit themselves!!

missblondie
02-18-2004, 08:44 PM
that is a sexxxxy car... some people on this board need to grow up and appreciate the car, and not be jealous

cycosis
02-18-2004, 08:55 PM
me want........:drool:

t3rry
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
cycosis, can you chop those headlights onto a honda for me ? :banghead:

hockeybronx
02-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Two words... well actually five:

:hitit: and MARRY HER!

cappachihngo
02-18-2004, 10:34 PM
:eek: :drool: :drool: man, if i were u, i'd instantly become the girls best friend, haha

DUBBED
02-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Haha she goes to school in Edmonton, dating someone up there, we're pretty good friends though!! I just gotta get on her dad's good side now!!

angierideswitme
02-18-2004, 11:04 PM
fuck sakes

m10-power
02-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Its a nice car, not knocking that what I am pointing out is that its not a Ruf, nor is it anything more then a Carrera with an 'R' badge added.
Fake badging of cars is stupid and for people that can't afford the real thing but for some reason feel the need to pretend they can. Someone does this to a beautiful car, then the unknowledgeable drool over it as if it was something exotic. I've driven a real Ruf on many occasions, and will own it whenever I choose to buy it.
Come out to a track day this summer and see what I drive, hint its a 4 door E36 BMW that will be making very unusual noises and be lapping extremely fast. Perhaps you'll see it on the street, but you wouldn't notice, which is the whole point.

finboy
02-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Its a nice car, not knocking that what I am pointing out is that its not a Ruf, nor is it anything more then a Carrera with an 'R' badge added.
Fake badging of cars is stupid and for people that can't afford the real thing but for some reason feel the need to pretend they can. Someone does this to a beautiful car, then the unknowledgeable drool over it as if it was something exotic. I've driven a real Ruf on many occasions, and will own it whenever I choose to buy it.
Come out to a track day this summer and see what I drive, hint its a 4 door E36 BMW that will be making very unusual noises and be lapping extremely fast. Perhaps you'll see it on the street, but you wouldn't notice, which is the whole point.

:werd:

up with sleepers, down with fakers.

JAYMEZ
02-19-2004, 12:55 AM
omg wat a pimp car

ramminghard
02-19-2004, 02:18 AM
In am good friends with her. Her dad is a nice guy. sweet cars and a pimp boat too.

403Gemini
02-19-2004, 02:33 AM
my ex-gf's dad won a viper in a draw, sold it and bought a mini van. i didnt believe him till he showed me the picture, then when he did, i laughed at him. FOR A FUCKIN MINI van!! *shakes head* his excuse "oh i didnt have a garage at the time" fuck i woulda paid a friend $200 a month to leave it in one of their garages (with me holding the keys of course, dont need em joy riding around lol)

its a shame the intelligence (or lack of...) followed down to her. she isnt the brightest person

EDIT: but back on topic, killer car! keep the chick! lol

chukilabs
02-19-2004, 03:25 AM
whats her name? did she go to school at manning

SI-vic
02-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
my ex-gf's dad won a viper in a draw, sold it and bought a mini van. i didnt believe him till he showed me the picture, then when he did, i laughed at him. FOR A FUCKIN MINI van!! *shakes head* his excuse "oh i didnt have a garage at the time" fuck i woulda paid a friend $200 a month to leave it in one of their garages (with me holding the keys of course, dont need em joy riding around lol)

its a shame the intelligence (or lack of...) followed down to her. she isnt the brightest person

but, the extra money might be really convienent (sp?) for people who arent interested in cars as much as we are

also. insurance id imagine would be really high and expensive too.

lucky guy though!

googe
02-19-2004, 07:14 AM

that hurts to hear!

DJ Lazy
02-19-2004, 09:59 AM
my ex-gf's dad won a viper in a draw, sold it and bought a mini van.

Hmmmm, is that why she is your ex now??? :rofl: :rofl:

Anyways... Yea Sweet ass car Dubbed. :drool:

and m10.. STFU... Your bimmer is gonna be making weird sounds becuz you don't know how to drive it, and its NOT gonna be lapping extremely fast becuz you will prolly put it into the wall before you even finish a lap...:rolleyes:

Fuckin Haterz... :thumbsdow :guns: :whipped:

DUBBED
02-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
and m10.. STFU... Your bimmer is gonna be making weird sounds becuz you don't know how to drive it, and its NOT gonna be lapping extremely fast becuz you will prolly put it into the wall before you even finish a lap...:rolleyes:

THANK YOU. M-10 you dumb shit you've been hatin on this car this whole thread, it's a RUF bodied Porshce which is more than just a RUF Badged Porsche. I think it's funny how I havn't even said anything about the engine and you assume it's stock, even if it is stock, YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, YOU DON'T have something better and UNTIL YOU DO, STFU!!

DUBBED
02-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by chukilabs
whats her name? did she go to school at manning

No she went somewhere else.

m10-power
02-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Go here and be educated (http://www.ruf-automobile.de/english/index1.htm)
Can you find the Ruf Carrera R ???

You want to wank over a fake Ruf go ahead, posting that its a real one only makes you look stupid.
Ruf cars have their own VIN plate, they are a manufacturer, they also sell parts.
I'm not hating the car, its not its fault someone dressed it up in drag.

DUBBED
02-19-2004, 11:12 AM
^^^ Okay I understand what you're saying you're just saying it in a demeaning way. So it's not a genuine RUF but it is a RUF bodied Porsche, which still makes it a beautiful car. :bigpimp:

403Gemini
02-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic

but, the extra money might be really convienent (sp?) for people who arent interested in cars as much as we are

also. insurance id imagine would be really high and expensive too.

lucky guy though!

true... but itd still keep the car to say i own it lol

the guy didnt deserve the car, he was just a horrible guy. always yelled at his wife n 2 daughters, never worked because he said he "just doesnt enjoy working", always drank shit like that yelled at me when i stuck up for them. couldnt stand goin over there. who says good things happen to good people?

Akagi Redsuns
02-19-2004, 11:14 AM
There is the R Turbo, no Carrera R though.

gwkwan
02-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Go here and be educated (http://www.ruf-automobile.de/english/index1.htm)
Can you find the Ruf Carrera R ???

You want to wank over a fake Ruf go ahead, posting that its a real one only makes you look stupid.
Ruf cars have their own VIN plate, they are a manufacturer, they also sell parts.
I'm not hating the car, its not its fault someone dressed it up in drag.

buddy chillex
it just have ruf kit on
its like bmw 3 series wit oem m3 kit on
maybe it was dealership package
i fink still looks nice

t3rry
02-19-2004, 11:16 AM
:whocares:

its still a sweet car that anybody here would take if it was givin to them

Akagi Redsuns
02-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Putting a M Power Apperance Kit on a regular BMW is pretty lame, basicialy being a high roller ricer. How's that different that slapping getting a Type-R apperance kit and sticker for an Intergra, Accord or Civic? Pretty lame, just like if this Porsche is bone-stock but yet has RUF appearance accessory. Gets no respect from me, but the real RUF cars gets the upmost respect, beautiful cars.

Edit: I rather have a bone stock Porsche than a stock one with a RUF appearance package. I always believe you have to back up an apperance package that gets put in a car. But alas, I am in the minority as I like some go with my show in a car.

gwkwan
02-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Putting a M Power Apperance Kit on a regular BMW is pretty lame, basicialy being a high roller ricer. How's that different that slapping getting a Type-R apperance kit and sticker for an Intergra, Accord or Civic? Pretty lame, just like if this Porsche is bone-stock but yet has RUF appearance accessory. Gets no respect from me, but the real RUF cars gets the upmost respect, beautiful cars.

Edit: I rather have a bone stock Porsche than a stock one with a RUF appearance package. I always believe you have to back up an apperance package that gets put in a car. But alas, I am in the minority as I like some go with my show in a car.

maybe u should let the Porsche n the BMW dealerships know that
cuz thats the oem upgrade package

Akagi Redsuns
02-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Why? Factory rice is all the rage these days. There is a HUGE market for people who want to make thier cars something they are not. Go for it if that's your thing.

Just giving my pinion on it.

WSP
02-19-2004, 11:48 AM
i think the car i still horney...id drive it. m10-power u talk a lot of shit....ill be the guy in the 03 e55 amg blowing the doors off ur car at track day.

m10-power
02-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by WSP
i think the car i still horney...id drive it. m10-power u talk a lot of shit....ill be the guy in the 03 e55 amg blowing the doors off ur car at track day.

Nice I'll look forward to seeing you out there, better bring more then a stock one though, or drop more then 1000lbs and you might be able to keep up. I'm not much for talking shit, its not shit if you can back it up right. :burnout:

Def_3
02-19-2004, 01:04 PM
:hitit: and MARRY HER!

that's actually 6 words :D

WSP
02-19-2004, 01:31 PM
m10-power if u have driven in the new stock one it might change ur mind 469 hp and 516 torque if u can smoke that car i will be impressed. im looking forward to seeing that.

pgtbooster
02-24-2004, 10:08 AM
:burnout:

C4S
02-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Wow ! such a damn nice car ! RUF kits are very very nice ..and expensive ! there are quite a few RUF Porsche in Vancouver ! ( with Kits or even engine upgrade ...:drool: :drool:)
Anyway .. it is funny to see some people seem not like this car ! ha ha .. ( jealous jealous .. ::rofl: )
Factory aero kit for 996 is super nice too .. and cost $15,000 to do so ! and extra $4,000 for 18" ... then why not go for Ruf kit ?

Just like $6,000 for factory BMW "M" kit .. and some people like to go with AC kit .. etc !

Super nice Porsche and even ..... carpet in gargage ?

However, I believe I saw that car in Crowfoot on Sat .. around 3-4 pm .... not 100% sure .. but I am very possitive ... and I saw a New Black 996 turbo in the same time too ! :drool: :drool:

CKY
02-24-2004, 06:38 PM
i think m-10 has his point, cause you see all those ricer wanna bes out there with their type r badges and mugen decals and no actual engine or performance modification, its the same senario but it just costs about 10k more on a RUF kit rather than those ugly fake slab on decals (i actually know a kid that thought it was cool to print out mugen decals from his computer and slab it on his ugly civic). but i do find it a mockery to the actual cars (like an actual Rturbo or m3), when you put on an aero kit just to imitate it. so my point is, you got the show, doesnt me you got the go. (though the carrera is good it still cant compare with an Rturbo)

silverEL
02-24-2004, 06:49 PM
for a winter car,
her dad drives a durango with 20's

very nice family
we are close friends

DonJuan
02-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Bottom line:
Dude has a PHAT car that is still sick fast :thumbsup:
We'll see if M10-power is not full of it on track day:thumbsup:

and most importantly:
silverEL your signature is VERY disturbing!

ZorroAMG
02-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by WSP

If I'm at the wheel maybe..;)LOL

M10, in my experience, people like you usually show up at the track run a 17 second quarter-mile and blame it on something stupid, like a) maybe your Flux-capacitor is outta sync, preventing the 1.1 gigawatts of power from reaching the rotary specs properly or b) the driver sucks

Either way it's lame.

With regard to the RUF Porsche, it is the owners perogative to dress it up how he wants, and until you can afford a 996 911, then I dont' think you are in a position to say SHIT.

Have a nice day

R-Audi
02-25-2004, 11:39 AM
The owner purchased the car as is, most likely not knowing any different. IMO if it has actual RUF parts, thats good enough for a RUF badge. The shit isn't cheap. Its not like he has the RGR-T badge (or whatever it is) so whats the big deal? Zorro's car has AMG badges on the body parts, they are real AMG. Whats the big f'in deal? If they were fake Ruf parts, then it would be rice. But they aren't. Deal with it. Most of us won't ever be able to afford one of these, so deal with it. While he is driviing his "riced" Porsche, your driving a "riced" civic. Who would you rather be?:banghead:

angierideswitme
02-25-2004, 11:59 AM
the RUF kit is a style, the R badge is alittle out of taste but still, He probly liked the look of the RUF kit and thought it would be a nice upgrade for the eyes, not everyone buys a car just because it's super fast. Just because the kit/badges are on a car that is fast, doesn't make it Ricey to put it on one that doesn't have the same power.

It's not like putting stickers on a civic.

Akagi Redsuns
02-25-2004, 02:52 PM
So if I had a run of the mill Subaru WRX and I buy and install a STi spoiler.....I can now put STi badges on the car even though it's not a real STi model? That doesn't make sense, but whatever.

You guys do your own thing, get mad respect from the population with the badges, works for Integras and Civics, why not work with Porsches and Mercedes. The people that you will impress will be the typical airhead that doesn't know what makes a AMG, M, Type-R, GTR, or whatever better than the run of the mill model, the informed person will know the truth and will provide him with some amusement.

ZorroAMG
02-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Holy hell, this is turning into a fucking badge war again.....STFU. STi is a car model (or trim level ?), not a separate company....leave it be..

Back on topic...Full RUF package or just aesthetic, this car is still sick!!

DUBBED
02-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Back on topic...Full RUF package or just aesthetic, this car is still sick!!

THANK YOU!! everyone can shut up now

:closed:

Akagi Redsuns
02-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Holy hell, this is turning into a fucking badge war again.....STFU. STi is a car model (or trim level ?), not a separate company....leave it be......snip

STi=Subaru Tecnica International (http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp)

It is the performance branch of Subaru, not a separate company, but apart enough to make performance parts and to brand a certain model. BMW's M power division is this way. Along with RalliArt for Mitsubishi, Mazdaspeed for Mazda, Nismo for Nissan, TRD for Toyota, Mopar for Dodge, SVT for Ford.....etc.

Like I said, I really don't care about people do. Just think it is a sad state of affairs of how much of a label whore people are.

ZorroAMG
02-25-2004, 04:40 PM
whatever you say man.

BACK ON TOPIC....sheesh

gwkwan
02-25-2004, 04:46 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6thGen.TUNER
02-26-2004, 10:55 PM
some one please tell me when m10 is gonna go to the travk i wanna see him get his doors blown off!!!!!!!!

eNeRgY
02-26-2004, 11:08 PM
:eek: damn her dad must be paid very well or could be some big time drug lord hahaha j/k :banghead: