PDA

View Full Version : Bubba's Hovercraft, eliminate the Calgary commute. Video.

CanmoreOrLess
04-02-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm getting on of these for the daily commute, all these rivers and traffic free:

z5u_2bGPdUY

Graham_A_M
04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Cool! If I were them, I would have left the name "Bubba" out of absolutely everything. :nut:

Probably the same price point as a golf cart (about $15k 10-15k each).

Tik-Tok
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Sold! If I can legally take it out over Glenmore Reservoir :D

Maxx Mazda
04-02-2013, 05:37 PM
What's the deal with that anyway? If I had a hovercraft could I drive it anywhere? Not on a public road obviously

revelations
04-02-2013, 07:48 PM
I wonder if the transport laws in Canada stick a hovercraft in the same class as a boat.

Xtrema
04-02-2013, 08:01 PM
yeah, right. It's gonna be noisy as hell and the minute something goes wrong it probably dig into where it lands.

Willie Bobo
04-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Stephen Hawking 1 hour ago

Who needs a hovercraft when you have a wheelchair

Perfect!

Sugarphreak
04-02-2013, 08:47 PM

mr2mike
04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
My neighbour had one of these things when I was young. Looks like a sweet beast but in reality they're really hard to control. It's like a boat but it floats around more (less resistance to it's movement) and has huge lag in throttle response. Watching him run over small trees, bushes, etc was hilarious as he struggled to keep control while stirring up dust clouds and dead grass and rocks all over the place. The Anphibious Argo he had was more fun IMO.

Thinking back, it's like driving a drift car on a wet road with a turbo with massive lag. The throttle response was not there. But it would be good on a straight away. Except you'd show up at work covered in dirt, dust and debris and every car you passed would have been sandblasted.

flipstah
04-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Thinking back, it's like driving a drift car on a wet road with a turbo with massive lag. The throttle response was not there. But it would be good on a straight away. Except you'd show up at work covered in dirt, dust and debris and every car you passed would have been sandblasted.

Enclosed cabin and you won't have to deal with tailgaters ever again.

Sounds great to me.