PDA

View Full Version : 2 Weeks to do whatever in Europe

dj_patm
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Basically, me and a buddy will have two weeks to do whatever we want in Europe on top of two weeks of visiting our family in Poland. Budget isn't crazy and two weeks isn't set in stone as both of us will be technically unemployed :nut: .

Obviously the longer we travel for the thinner our budget goes however the two weeks in Poland will be basically free. I'd probably be willing to spend around 2-3 G's for the non-poland part of the trip.

So any suggestions? We really haven't decided on anything but were considering renting a car and driving from Germany through France and to Spain where we'd hit up Ibiza and try to maybe check out Madrid and/or Barcelona. Maybe catch a Real or FCB game if we can swing it. The driving part may get a little pricey though so we could just fly easyjet or Ryanair. I'm all ears for anything you think is wrong with that plan or anything you think might be a better choice.

Were planning on leaving in the middle of May and probably doing the Poland portion first.

Also, please keep in mind we're 23, single and consider this trip to be basically our last big vacation before we finally decide to grow up and niether of us seem to value our health much so frame your suggestions around that :thumbsup: :rofl:

whiskas
04-02-2013, 12:56 PM
I would just look into a contiki tour. There a a lot of tours available with your timeframe, and the budget ones would probably get you the best bang for buck. If you want to party and do sightseeing then I think a tour like that would be best, since you can party late into the night and just sleep on the bus the next day as you're driving to your next destination.

At the end just grab a train/plane from wherever the tour ends and go to Poland.

Myrrinda
04-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I would do Eastern Europe. It's cheap, beautiful and fun. Berlin is my favourite city. Best clubs that I've ever been to. Budapest and Prague are amazing. Amsterdam is a must. If you can find a way to work your flights around Ibiza and Amsterdam, and then make your way to Eastern Europe, you can take the train around for a pretty decent price. I took an overnight train from Prague to Budapest in a sleeper bunk for approximately $45 CAD. Considering that was travel AND accommodation, it's cheap.

Easyjet and Ryanair are cheap, but they have a lot of hidden costs, and they're a pain in the ass. I've flown with them a lot, and sometimes I have to wonder whether it's worth it. They fly out of obscure airports that cost a lot to get to, plus I don't think I ever had a single flight leave on time. My flight from Budapest to Berlin was delayed 5 hours. 3 of those were spent actually sitting on the runway. Baggage costs extra. And Easyjet is basically a free for all with seating. They group you into 4 groups based on how early you get to the airport, I think. Group A gets to board first, and so on until you get through Group D. You don't have assigned seats, so if you're in Group D, you're likely in the middle seat with your friends at opposite ends of the plane. Easyjet made me realize how awesome train travel really is.

msommers
04-03-2013, 11:29 AM
When I was in Croatia, I really wish I knew about the week long yacht ride between Dubrovnik and Split. Sounded like an absolute gongshow. The Plitvice Lakes are pretty awesome too.

From Poland, the more west you go, the more expensive it gets.

My favorite places were Croatia, Barcelona and Berlin. For cheaper yet still awesome, Budapest and Prague.

roll_over
04-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Formula 1

Spain
May 10, 11 ,12

Monaco
May 23, 25, 26

dj_patm
04-03-2013, 12:18 PM
We were thinking Monaco but that sounds like it'll cost an arm and a leg.

Fuck though... That would be unreal.

woodywoodford
04-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Isn't monaco the most expensive tourist destination in the world?

msommers
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah it definitely isn't cheap lol.

dj_patm
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I've already been to Monaco so I know that any actual "vacationing" there is out of the question. If we were to hit up the grand prix, we'd definitely stay in Nice.

GS430
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I'd hit up Croatia for sure. :D

Munich, Prague, Madrid, Amsterdam as well.

Definitely pace yourselves though lol, and for portions of the trip, I'd even just wing it a bit. It's more fun that way.

dj_patm
04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by GS430
I'd hit up Croatia for sure. :D

Munich, Prague, Madrid, Amsterdam as well.

Definitely pace yourselves though lol, and for portions of the trip, I'd even just wing it a bit. It's more fun that way.

Yeah, so far thats kind of the attitude were taking. Like I said, no jobs, no girlfriends only bound by our bank accounts.