PDA

View Full Version : Pete the Plumber thumbs down, Knight plumbing thumbs up.

LollerBrader
04-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Awoke yesterday morning to my laundry room slowly flooding from a leak in the ceiling, ostensibly coming from the bathroom above. Couldn't find the leak.

Despite having a dubious experience a few years ago, called Pete the Plumber - I was desperate, and had their fridge magnet in hand. I called their off-hours emergency line at 6am. The fellow that answered told me to wait and call back during the daytime to book and appointment. WFT?

I called at 8, and was told they could book me for Monday. WTF?

I hung up, and googled for plumbers. Picked Knight plumbing at Random and called them. They told me they'd have someone out late morning. The receptionist was pleasant, and the process seamless.

By lunchtime, their guy had come out, found a fitting under the kitchen sink that had decoupled, and solved the problem.

THANK YOU KNIGHT PLUMBING

I WILL NEVER CALL PETE THE PLUMBER AGAIN

lilmira
04-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Pete has to sleep too just like the rest of us. ;)

Only call him during the day when you are bored.

LollerBrader
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
Pete has to sleep too just like the rest of us. ;)

Only call him during the day when you are bored.

I do not think Pete the Plumber is just one plumber... it is staffed - Which is why I'm surprised at the lack of flexible response.

What kind of on-call person says call back in the daytime?

Rather defeats the purpose.

Ntense_SpecV
04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Sorry sir. Our emergency number is for daytime use only.

I just can't help but think of how sad and horrible his commercials are everytime I see them on tv. But he's laughing all the way to the bank, so he's done something right.

quick_scar
04-03-2013, 08:39 AM
The owner himself is really nice. Maybe you just got an employee that was having a bad morning? :dunno:

Lex350
04-03-2013, 08:47 AM
I had a great experience with Pete. Fast and the price was exactly as quoted.

ercchry
04-03-2013, 08:47 AM
the way those pete trucks are drove... i wouldnt call them for that alone

Mibz
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm glad the proliferation of the internet has allowed companies like AKnight Plumbing to change their names to something more appropriate.