PDA

View Full Version : got 2 tickets look inside

TypeR
02-18-2004, 04:22 PM
hi. i got 2 tickets today. one said inproper exhuast and second not having insurance card.. can i go ahead fiting those tickets?

my exuast is preety loud but it got everything.. the catalac converter etc.

t3rry
02-18-2004, 04:24 PM
sure, its always worth a try

Ben
02-18-2004, 04:25 PM
nope, you're guilty and there is nothing you can do about those tickets other than pay em. look at the bright side, no demerit points. Look into carrying the proper documents in your car and not having such a loud vehicle to avoid these tickets in the future.

TypeR
02-18-2004, 04:29 PM
the question is how is the muffler inproper when it has evrything on?

Ben
02-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TypeR
the question is how is the muffler inproper when it has evrything on?

To Fuckin big and too fuckin loud :thumbsup: :D

TypeR
02-18-2004, 04:33 PM
cops not aloud to give tickets for loud exhuast. u supose to get a warning first. i dont care im takin it to court. the ticlket should have said un nessary loud noise or some other shit..

Ben
02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
cops not aloud to give tickets for loud exhuast. u supose to get a warning first. i dont care im takin it to court. the ticlket should have said un nessary loud noise or some other shit..

New flash, yes then can. And if not for that they can for an enlarged opening. Whats the HTA infraction number? that will tell you what the actuall offence was. how much was the fine?

I know your Ins. one was 172.

Ben
02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
oh, your in TORONTO! Go ask all your people in toronto, this is a calgary based site! Different Laws!

MerfBall
02-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Aren't they even more strict in Ontario with things like this?

Well good luck doesn't hurt to try :thumbsup:

sputnik
02-18-2004, 05:46 PM
big loud obnoxious exaust is uberlame... im glad you got the ticket... one less loud "crop duster ricemobile" i have to get stuck behind on deerfoot

powerslave
02-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
one less loud "crop duster ricemobile" i have to get stuck behind on deerfoot

He's in Ontario.

FiveFreshFish
02-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Look into carrying the proper documents in your car...

I don't recommend this. Keep insurance and registration in your wallet and leave NOTHING in your car that identifies you or where you live.

LancerShelby
02-18-2004, 08:19 PM
This is funny:rofl:

hockeybronx
02-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Man tough luck hey?

Definetely fight it, you never know what will happen but more than likely you'll be able to at least lessen the blow.

Man that cop probably hasn't gotten any tail for quite some time now, he sounded pretty harsh.:whipped:

TypeR
02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
well yea everyone told me to fight it even the cop. his like on the court date bring the new insurance slip and you can remove that exhuast and bring a bill and the car. so screw them. im in toronto by the way.

mjd0147
03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Unless he could check the decibles i dont think you could of got a ticket. thats what ive heard

BigBearWest
03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by mjd0147
Unless he could check the decibles i dont think you could of got a ticket. thats what ive heard

That would be for a noise ticket. but you got enlarged opening ticket. i got the enlarged opening ticket and couldn't fight it, the crown said "he wanted to look if i had replaced" and i said "i didn't replace it yet" he said "then i can't do anything for you"

Zero102
03-10-2004, 08:27 AM
FiveFreshFish. Good suggestion. I heard that one a while ago, and it makes sense. Carry my insurance/registration in the wallet. Always easy to find if I ever need it.

Dr. Lightspeed
03-11-2004, 07:21 PM
http://24.64.72.241/downloads.epl

That is a link for a document called New Automobile Regulations it explains all the regulations for automobiles and what the cops are paid to enforce. If you don't like it get politically active and do your best to get ellected and then the old fuddy duddy's that come up with this BS will be collectin old age pension. The truth of the matter is a few have made it bad for the masses the cops know that most of us at one time or another screw around on the streets. Your car looks like a performance machine odds are it performs some of the time and not always on the race track. :) It also gived them options if they get attitude when they pull you over. I know I know some cops have it out for you no matter what but the average cop is a decent guy who he himself likes performance. I got to see a whole different side of cops while working on the interceptors out here some of them are pretty cool and most joined the force because they like to drive fast. Anyways thas my 2 cents please don't give me change. There is the regulations and you can study them.

rice_eater
03-11-2004, 08:03 PM
did he pull out a decibel meter to measure how loud the exhaust was? if it was for noise and he didnt then you can get off. also just go with your proof of insurance to the CP

Toms-Celica
03-11-2004, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes:

Marsh
03-11-2004, 11:19 PM
lol

TypeR
03-13-2004, 10:01 AM
no he didnt do none of that. he didnt even look at the exhaust. he just wanted to fuck me over cuz im black

davidI
03-13-2004, 11:04 AM
no he didnt do none of that. he didnt even look at the exhaust. he just wanted to fuck me over cuz im black

I don't want to stir the shit up here but every nationality gets the same BS tickets as you got every day. It doesn't necessarily mean the cop is a racist...just on a power trip or maybe your exhaust really is too big/too loud. There's nothing I hate more than hearing cars ripping by my house at 3 AM sounding like they're running open headers.

Brownkaos112
03-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Look, I live in toronto also and have gotten the same ticket... improper muffler.... no point in fighting it... i tried and failed miserably... save ur time and just pay the ticket... at there's no demerit points involved

7thgenvic
03-14-2004, 10:40 PM
the thing about super huge exhausts is that they attract cops! same with tint, its like driving by and fingering the cop, even though they may be pretty cool, thats the one things cops have to give tickets for, they may seem pointless to us, and we get all pissed off when we get the tickets but the rules are their for a reason, its for their own safety to be able to see inside the car.

just pay it

habsfan
03-15-2004, 03:36 PM
ya just pay the improper exhaust one, but fight the insurance one since its easy to have that ticket revoked.

iceburns288
03-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey...first post... WAHEY!

Alright, just a hint to you guys with tinted windows:
If you ever get pulled over in a car with tinted windows (or even without) roll all you windows down. It makes cops more comfortable and secure, it's some psycological thing.

TheBiz
03-16-2004, 10:50 PM
You can always fight tickets, just dont expect to win, as has been already said, pay them, its no demerits.

C.T.M
03-17-2004, 11:21 PM
:) hey TYPE.R
wus up?
go claim it to the court man.
they have to give you the warning first.
you have right to get the warning firsst dude
go claim it, always do what you can
by the way i am from TORONTO too.
i dont have fansy exhuast, but most of my friend has, and they never got the ticket like that, its bullshit.
just go to one of those agency, and ask them to do it for you, i here's the one:
(416)224 2311

another one:(416)9150050

good luck body.
:) :) :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C.T.M
03-17-2004, 11:23 PM
SPUTNIC???
i'll b happ when you'll get ticket, and i'll b more happy when i see you with ur suspended lisence in ur hand.:D :D :D :D :D :D :poosie: :poosie:

C.T.M
03-17-2004, 11:30 PM

ARE YOU BLACK???

SO WHAT?

FUCK THAT COP

THESE TORONTO COPS ARE FUCKING MANIAC.
THEIR HORSE SHIT
U SHOULD HAVE :guns: THAT COP
YOU'LL B WINNER IN THE COURT BUDDY
JUST REMMEBER DONT GIVE UP.
:thumbsup::guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

C.T.M
03-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by davidI

I don't want to stir the shit up here but every nationality gets the same BS tickets as you got every day. It doesn't necessarily mean the cop is a racist...just on a power trip or maybe your exhaust really is too big/too loud. There's nothing I hate more than hearing cars ripping by my house at 3 AM sounding like they're running open headers.

I AM AGREE ABOUT 2AM
BUT SOME OF THESE COPS ARE REALY STUPID AND MEAN.
LAST MONTH THEY GAVE ME A TICKET FOR MY BIKE
BC I DIDNT HAD LLGHT
THATS STUPID , HE GAVE ME 2 TICKET 1.BC I WAS RIDING MY BIKE
IN SIDE WAYS INSTED OF STREET.
AND 2.BC I DIDNT HAD LIGHT.

YOU SEE THEY ARE MANIAC.:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

africano
03-18-2004, 12:59 AM
yeah, sometimes the nice thing when you take the tickets to court the cop doesn't show up. Get off cause no evidence, think it's only our lazy west coast cops though, :D :D

africano
yeah, sometimes the nice thing when you take the tickets to court the cop doesn't show up. Get off cause no evidence, think it's only our lazy west coast cops though, :D :D

africano
I NEED A NEW COMP, TOO LAGGY>>>>>>>>>SORRY, double post:D :D

JustinL
03-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by C.T.M

I AM AGREE ABOUT 2AM
BUT SOME OF THESE COPS ARE REALY STUPID AND MEAN.
LAST MONTH THEY GAVE ME A TICKET FOR MY BIKE
BC I DIDNT HAD LLGHT
THATS STUPID , HE GAVE ME 2 TICKET 1.BC I WAS RIDING MY BIKE
IN SIDE WAYS INSTED OF STREET.
AND 2.BC I DIDNT HAD LIGHT.

YOU SEE THEY ARE MANIAC.:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

:english: I can barely understand what you are trying to say.