PDA

View Full Version : Help a fellow motorist out?

speedog
04-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Not sure if there's a similar thread elsewhere on Beyond, but am creating this one in the hopes of helping a fellow motorist and possibly forum member out. Anyhow...

Spotted this morning on SB Deerfoot just south of 32nd Avenue NE, a red VW Golf (4th or 5th generation?), black hood, multiple stickers on left side of hatch glass with AB plates "BCS-7127" - you've got a right rear brake light that isn't working. BTW, the 'little boy racer' multiple lane change move really wasn't really necessary.

Graham_A_M
04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I cant always be a badass, but when I do? I do it in a VW Golf.
:thumbsup:

CanmoreOrLess
04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I see so few VW vehicles with all their lights working properly, really it is rare.

S-FLY
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
It's often I'm behind someone in traffic where both of their lower brake lights are out and the only light working is the third brake light.

Have you checked your brake lights lately??

94_S14
04-05-2013, 10:23 AM
ITs a VW, he's lucky his brake lights are even working period ;)

ColoDano
04-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 94_S14
ITs a VW, he's lucky his brake lights are even working period ;)

^ This!

Never ceases to amaze me how many people drive around with lights out. Last week I had a light out that only another WRX owner would even notice, and I had it replaced that night.

quick_scar
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Followed a van the other day that had both side lights out, and 1 of the 2 bulbs in his third out. Didnt help that the third was mostly covered by all the dirt and crap on his vehicle. Followed him until I could get up beside him and told him about it. Hopefully he fixed the problem before someone ended up smashing into him.

If you are ever pulling into a strip mall or something like that at night, take the 2 seconds to back into a spot so that you can see your reflection in the glass of the business, and check your lights. It is easy and takes 5 seconds.:dunno:

JustinMCS
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by S-FLY
It's often I'm behind someone in traffic where both of their lower brake lights are out and the only light working is the third brake light.

Have you checked your brake lights lately??

I told this to some guy in a mazda cx7 and he was utterly serious that his model only had the one brake light at the top and that was it. I couldn't believe the stupidity and how serious he was.

sillysod
04-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I will agree that the BMW, Audi and Passat (now gone) all go through a ton of light bulbs.

That being said there is a WARNING LIGHT on the dash that tells you exactly what lamp failed every time you start your car.

I had to drive with "left fog light X" on my dash for a week and it drove me absolutely nuts.