PDA

View Full Version : Subaru - car at compound?

subout
04-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi,
I was hoping somebody could provide me with a rational explanation here.

I made a deal with a Subaru dealership in town and made a small deposit (no bill of sale because the car is not there yet). They said the car was in town (that was saturday when I made the deal) at the yard/compound and not in the dealership's lot. They said the car would likely be at the delership on wednesday. Today is friday and the car is still not there.

Would anybody know what might cause that much delay if the car is within the same city? It takes maybe 30-45 minutes to drive across the city.

THanks

FishPoo
04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Cause they'll probably bring your car on a transport and one may not be available for whatever reason.

subout
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by FishPoo
Cause they'll probably bring your car on a transport and one may not be available for whatever reason.

That's what I am thinking too. But it's now been 10 days. You would think they at least have had a full truck load of cars. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never worked at a dealership.

Thank you for the feedback though.

rage2
04-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Can't predict when the train yard decides to unload your car. Dealership has no control over the process. My last car sat for nearly 2 weeks at the yard before it was unloaded and released. The car before that was unloaded 3 hrs after it arrived. Completely random.

subout
04-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Can't predict when the train yard decides to unload your car. Dealership has no control over the process. My last car sat for nearly 2 weeks at the yard before it was unloaded and released. The car before that was unloaded 3 hrs after it arrived. Completely random.

Thank you for the information. I was not aware that the dealership did not have control over the unloading and release process. Good to know.

Thanks again.

CPrailer
04-09-2013, 07:15 PM
ive been in the yard a couple times near Ogden ( i work at cp ) and they have a ton of cars there, and like rage2 said somedays il go there and not a single person is working, and others theres a TON. So it really depends which way its being transported etc

subout
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CPrailer
ive been in the yard a couple times near Ogden ( i work at cp ) and they have a ton of cars there, and like rage2 said somedays il go there and not a single person is working, and others theres a TON. So it really depends which way its being transported etc

That's good to know. THanks a lot for the feedback.

Evolution17
04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
It took like a month for my impreza to come, but that was all the way from "japan" so i can't say
They estimated like 2 weeks lol.

TopGearUK
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Did you get your car yet? Are they atleast calling and informing you about the status? If not you should get your deposit back.

rage2
04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Really? Cancel an order and get your deposit back because its stuck in the train yard that's out of control of the dealership?

CPrailer
04-11-2013, 06:16 PM
rage2 is right, its more than likely not the dealerships fault.... i do beileve depending on where the vehicles have come from they need to be inspected after offloading etc which is a fairly lengthy process. dont blame the dealer. ask them if they have any other options... it cant be the only one of that make around, as they can easily have one transported anywhere across canada in 7 days...