PDA

View Full Version : CPS so pumped about new cruisers they made a video

sillysod
04-05-2013, 04:15 PM
off of Jalopnik

xklzEDLYnnc

Link (http://jalopnik.com/calgary-police-are-so-super-stoked-about-their-new-cop-468660198?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

Kloubek
04-05-2013, 04:18 PM
That was a very edgy video. Lots of flashing lights and blurred text - I almost forgot I was in my office and not a night club.

sillysod
04-05-2013, 04:23 PM
police cars with frickin lasers :D

Maxt
04-05-2013, 04:26 PM
City does advertising for Ford now?

whiskas
04-05-2013, 04:56 PM
If it means they get a price break, sure, why the fuck not, after all it's you and me paying for this stuff.

Maxt
04-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Did they.?

Go4Long
04-05-2013, 07:19 PM
they get a pretty good price on their cars yes...but so would anyone that buys the quantity that they do.

JustinMCS
04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Waste of money to make a damn video for them though. I don't care to see what will be pulling me over for some retarded reason ;)

Go4Long
04-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I was kinda hopeful that we would get the chargers personally. I saw one of the Charger police cruisers down by heritage and it was totally bad ass in my opinion.

black13
04-05-2013, 08:09 PM
CPS cars now have projector headlights. Those are gonna be hard to spot behind you.

schocker
04-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by black13
CPS cars now have projector headlights. Those are gonna be hard to spot behind you.
Well how about you just keep your eye out for tauri (sp?) as there are not that many on the road :rofl:

HiTempguy1
04-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
I was kinda hopeful that we would get the chargers personally. I saw one of the Charger police cruisers down by heritage and it was totally bad ass in my opinion.

EPS has some Taurus cop cars now, and they are MEAN looking. Most aggressive looking cop car I've ever seen. I'd be scared to get pulled over by one of those lol

Supa Dexta
04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Edm has so many different cop rigs now.. I see bone stock looking f150s up there now, with badges that say police interceptor on them, when you pull up next to them at lights. And they're not just white or grey, saw a wine coloured one recently.

People claim this is fake, but these are the badges I saw... minus the rims.

mp_fp4p3zFU

found this too

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2013-ford-f-150-police-interceptor-has-it-where-it-counts

woodywoodford
04-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Edm has so many different cop rigs now.. I see bone stock looking f150s up there now, with badges that say police interceptor on them, when you pull up next to them at lights. And they're not just white or grey, saw a wine coloured one recently.

mp_fp4p3zFU

found this too

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2013-ford-f-150-police-interceptor-has-it-where-it-counts

I can't comment on the badge, but I've definitely seen the f150 with someone pulled over, so that much is real

sexualbanana
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
Waste of money to make a damn video for them though. I don't care to see what will be pulling me over for some retarded reason ;)

That video probably cost next to nothing to make.

Maxt
04-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

This is the City of Calgary we are talking about, there was probably a team of 50 plus involved in that..:rofl:

schocker
04-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by woodywoodford

I can't comment on the badge, but I've definitely seen the f150 with someone pulled over, so that much is real
There are three I think as traffic cop told us what vehicles the traffic devision has. There is a navy and grey one, I think the third is maroon? They look like regular crew cab 4x4 with the 4x4 decal on the back of the box, otherwise it looks like a normal f150. Just watch for the fleet tag on the plate and they have a metal box with rack in the back of truck.

Maybelater
04-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I got owned by an RCMP F-150

Probably like some cop showing off his mad video editing skillzzzzzzz

sillysod
04-06-2013, 02:35 PM

For all you know Woodridge funded it. ;)

95EagleAWD
04-06-2013, 02:48 PM

They suck to work out of, though.

89s1
04-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

They suck to work out of, though.

Why's that?

Small front seat area for the computer and stuff?

95EagleAWD
04-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

Why's that?

Small front seat area for the computer and stuff?

Yup. Great solo car, but if you have a partner, they're tight. The back seat isn't the easiest to put people in either.

The CV is still the best patrol car out there, IMO.

btimbit
04-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

[video]

Can't comment on the police interceptor badges, but in the video he says 5.7 then proceeds to zoom in on the XLT badge that says 5.4. Pretty sure there was no 5.7.

Originally posted by schocker

There are three I think as traffic cop told us what vehicles the traffic devision has. There is a navy and grey one, I think the third is maroon? They look like regular crew cab 4x4 with the 4x4 decal on the back of the box, otherwise it looks like a normal f150. Just watch for the fleet tag on the plate and they have a metal box with rack in the back of truck.

Yup, the navy one got me last year. There's also definitely a white one, and I just bought a white F-150 of the same gen and whenever I merge behind someone they slam on their brakes. Very annoying.

Edit: Yup

1bZyAtFIZv4

Cos
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM

schocker
04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
Yup, the navy one got me last year. There's also definitely a white one, and I just bought a white F-150 of the same gen and whenever I merge behind someone they slam on their brakes. Very annoying.

Edit: Yup

I am pretty sure the white one is gone. I haven't seen it in ages, it used to patrol stoney very often. It was totaled I think last winter when it was pursuing someone.

Go4Long
04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
they have a blue one now...and a silver ram I believe...for sure they have an U/C ram...I just not sure if it was silver or not...I haven't seen it in a while.

FraserB
04-07-2013, 07:16 PM
I get mistaken for an undercover a bunch; except people in the lane over look and see the tint, headache rack with LEDs and slow down and don't pass. Won't get better once the brush guard and LED bars go on the front.

I even got AndyL one night on Macleod:D

schocker
04-07-2013, 07:21 PM
they have a blue one now...and a silver ram I believe...for sure they have an U/C ram...I just not sure if it was silver or not...I haven't seen it in a while.
It is silver like 2007ish before that body style went from the rounded headlights to the squard off ones. I was at starbucks a few months ago and there was the Ram, a ghost explorer, ghost crown vic and regular crown vic :rofl:

DEATH2000
04-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater

Probably like some cop showing off his mad video editing skillzzzzzzz
They actually have a person whos entire job is doing video filming and editing for CPS. I kid you not.

UndrgroundRider
04-08-2013, 02:29 AM

Contract price for a video like that is $1500 done cheaply by students, up to $10K by a team of professionals. Regardless of whether the City has someone on staff who does this kind of thing it certainly wasn't free.

I would also point out that whomever made the video actually knew what they were doing. And the gear used to film/light/post-process everything retails well over $3k.

sillysod
04-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Do you not think that perhaps Ford may have had a hand in this video?

clem24
04-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by btimbit

1bZyAtFIZv4

Pulled over The Claw!