PDA

View Full Version : BMW 135i help with possible purchase.

Skrilla
04-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Just wondering if anyone could help me out on this car. The girlfriend and I are looking at selling our tahoe for a car possibly as we don't need three large vehicles. I really always had a spot for a 135i but don't know much about them.

Long story short there was one here at a local dealership. It is currently at the dealer auction in calgary as they hadnt sold it in 90 days. If it comes back id like to see it, if not,then the search begins for a different one. The one here was on marketplace last year. Its lemans blue m pkg with dinan stg 3 and 86k kms or so. Question is should I avoid a modded one to start, or is the dinan software reliable?

And are these a well built car? Specifically 08-09. Any things to watch out for or avoid? And also anything in that price range that would be more fun?

Cheers!

artieg30
04-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Dinan has warranty coverage with bmw I believe so you'll be fine. That said it may be a moot point as it has 80k and is over 4 years old, unless if it has additional warranty from bmw this does not need to be factored in.

I believe the 135i uses the n55 engine or perhaps n54 and those were notorious for running "hotter". With those dinan mods I would check to see that there is an oil cooler installed, that's the only thing I can think of for now.

Redlyne_mr2
04-06-2013, 12:00 PM
One of my favourite BMW's. Hugely underated in terms of power and with the chipped n54 engine it will be quicker in a straight line than an m3. The M sport package adds a nice look to the car as well. With any BMW of this age things will begin to fail and need replacement. Waterpumps are common, ball joints, and normal fluid and filter changes. They're well built cars, the engine in them is unreal but it's not a civic in terms of maintenance and repairs. Do you mind sharing the asking price?

Thanks
Ryan

redline
04-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Do not buy a modded one... It is worth it if buying a used BMW to by one from the dealer and get a CPO warranty.

Dinan has there own warranty and has nothing to do with BMW, and there stuff is over priced.

huch
04-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Keep in mind the 2007 to 2010 335i and 135i had high pressure fuel pump issues.... there was a recall for them too so I'd check to see if that was done. I think some 2011+ N55 motors are still having fuel pump issues.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=319397

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-06-2013, 01:12 PM
No problems with my 2008 135i with GIAC tune so far, just finished a 800km overnight road trip with it today and its fast and fun. I got mine with 14700km on it last January and I have 51500km on it now.

My moms 2010 135i had an electrical junction box failure otherwise has been reliable at 60000km.