PDA

View Full Version : Buying honda pilot touring ....suggestion

terry_sidhu
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
This is my first time to use this forms. seems pretty good knowledgeable people here. I am looking for a new 2013 honda pilot touring suv and wondering how much reabte and discounts i can get from dealers....any advice i am in Alberta canada

redline
04-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Carcostcanada.com will tell you want you want to know.

ExtraSlow
04-08-2013, 07:56 AM
+1 for CCC.
Don't agree to the dealer making any changes to the vehicle.
Don't get upsold on any protection package, 3m film or extended warranty.
Get tint and 3m done elsewhere.

Masked Bandit
04-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Have you driven on yet? I ask because on paper they seem great. We were about to walk into a dealership a couple of weeks ago and simply write a cheque and take one home. The wife has had a CR-V for nine years now and it's been great but we need something bigger so it was straight for the Pilot...UNTIL I DROVE IT! I was very dissapointed. Build quality seemed just okay and overall it seems very out of date compared to the competition in that same price bracket. It has no get up & go whatsoever and a very slushy feel with the transmission. We've pretty much crossed it off our list.

JRSC00LUDE
04-08-2013, 08:13 PM
If it has four 200 pound women in it - RUN.

terry_sidhu
04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
thanks guyz...really appreciated what other option do i have in this price range ...i like Nissan armada or exclade but they too expensive on gas...

Masked Bandit
04-10-2013, 10:34 AM
We're now looking at the Toyota Highlander, Hyundai Sante Fe XL, Ford Explorer (can get the 3.5 Ecoboost motor) and possibly the Mazda CX-9. You could also toss in there the Dodge Journey R/T and Dodge Durango.

4doorj
04-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by terry_sidhu
thanks guyz...really appreciated what other option do i have in this price range ...i like Nissan armada or exclade but they too expensive on gas...
I get about 450 km's a tank on my 2012 pilot. Not bad. But it is pretty big!

TopGearUK
04-10-2013, 05:50 PM
I would wait a little...The pilot is due for a redesign and you'll be kicking yourself later.

Savings all depend on how you're paying for the vehicle. Paying cash? Financing? Leasing?

I can help you get a good deal if interested.

terry_sidhu
04-10-2013, 10:26 PM
my wife like to buy pilot cash touring edition .Wondering how much is fair deal what kind of $$$ dealer like to off...heard after adding tax fright and subtract honda rebate they can go up to 3000$ off...any idea

98type_r
04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I too am underwhelmed by the Pilot, it's overdue for an update and really there are no groundbreaking features in it. The updated Highlander was just announced for 2014, probably won't see any rebates on that for a while.

If you're looking at the Touring model, you might consider a MDX. Acura was offering a $10k cash incentive on the MDX in March, I don't know if that offer is still valid.

redline
04-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Pretty sure the 10 k is still on but the old MDX is out of production now so they are starting to get limited

2BLUE
04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by redline
Pretty sure the 10 k is still on but the old MDX is out of production now so they are starting to get limited

The deal is still on! Just picked one up for a friend from BC, he's coming to get it right now! :thumbsup:

Better incentives with cash :thumbsup:

tnuc
04-14-2013, 09:29 AM
I pm'd you. I suggest you drive the new one. It's amazing and totally different. Give me a shout and we can discuss your options