PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME PLEASE!! Oil and Gas Industry Jobs looking for advice

Rentar47
04-08-2013, 10:14 AM
So i am graduating this spring with a degree in environmental engineering and a minor in business administration. I am looking to try and get into the oil and gas industry. I was considering trying to get into MWD however have little or no experience in the industry. Any suggestions on other areas where I should be looking? I would not mind working a rotational job for the first part of my career at all, would actually kinda like it. Though some of the positions are great pay i would like to do something that will lead me into potential career advancements later on. ADVICE PLEASE!

KRyn
04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I can't see any correlation between your degree and being an MWD.
New grad posting should be coming up shortly for large companies. Be diligent and apply to absolutely everything. With your schooling you may want to apply to reclamation and remediation companies.

mr2mike
04-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Umm look in the environmental / land reclaimation area maybe?
http://www.tervita.com/careers/Pages/default.aspx

Rentar47
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Ended up with this degree somewhat by chance, not really sure if i want to do anything directly related to it. However, a strong technical background i can't imagine being a negative. A fair amount of geological and geotechnical work and experience not maybe so directly correlated to the job as a mechanical engineer but can't hurt. This is partially why i am looking to see if anyone has any other suggestions where i should be looking.