PDA

View Full Version : Are fire pits in New Brighton allowed?

LUDELVR
04-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Just a quick question here regarding fire pits. I was under the impression that fire pits were pretty much allowed in any residential area provided that they are not too close to any sort of infrastructure and that they have a water source close by but I was at a store the other day enquiring about pits and the guy said that I need to make sure I'm in a community that allows them so my question is, are residents in New Brighton in the SE of Calgary allowed to have open concrete fire pits in their backyards?:dunno:

88CRX
04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
I've never heard of specific community guidelines... just follow this:
http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Fire/Pages/Bylaws-and-bans/Fire-pit-regulations.aspx

4doorj
04-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Walking through the park I see a few people that have them in new brighton. I had one before and I live in new brighton.
But I'm not sure what the rule is hahaha

LUDELVR
04-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
Walking through the park I see a few people that have them in new brighton. I had one before and I live in new brighton.
But I'm not sure what the rule is hahaha

Yeah, I reckon it's the whole "Ask for forgiveness than permission" thing!

Oh well, we'll see after the first fire. Besides...I've already dug up the ground, laid the stones and now just needs some warmer weather an no snow!

And yeah, that link doesn't state anything around specific communities so I guess it's game on!

AndyL
04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I think its mahogany that got the US style HOA, with all the stupid rules etc that go with a planned community...,

Generally no your free to live your life, but i expect we'll be seeing more HOAs with all the stupid bylaws more often.

speedog
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
I think its mahogany that got the US style HOA, with all the stupid rules etc that go with a planned community...,

Generally no your free to live your life, but i expect we'll be seeing more HOAs with all the stupid bylaws more often.

How does one find out about HOA rules before moving into a community and how are these rules enforced? It's not like the city's bylaw people are going to enforce HOA rules or are they?

ercchry
04-08-2013, 09:39 PM
all i know is when you are dealing with new brighton and they want their money... they will get that shit from you :rofl:

we use to have a rental over there and hardly ever picked up the mail... but yeah. missed when they sent out the yearly community fees collection...

instead of sending it to collections. they sent it to their lawyers... which doubled the bill for the year :banghead:

AndyL
04-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Not 100% but like the us i think you have to sign off agreeing to covenants (and fees) with purchase, googleing calgary hoa - says mahogany and sage have HOA's...

theken
04-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I didn't know you were in New Brighton…Maybe I will see you around!

LUDELVR
04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by theken
I didn't know you were in New Brighton…Maybe I will see you around!

Yeah bro, I'll keep an eye out for your new ride!