PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy "Pan Style" Furnace Humidifier?

Sugarphreak
04-09-2013, 07:09 AM

G
04-09-2013, 09:37 AM
https://www.amresupply.com/part/H-40-LAU-EVAP-HUMIDIFIER

Sugarphreak
04-09-2013, 10:24 AM

bignerd
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Anybody know where I could pick up a builders-special pan style automatic furnace humidifier. It is basically a tin box with a water line attachment on the side. I went into Home Depot yesterday and all they have are complex flow through systems.

Any reason you want one of these? Ours sucked, wish I had gotten rid of it much much sooner. Will never have another house again without a proper humidifier.

Sugarphreak
04-10-2013, 10:49 PM

revelations
04-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Apparently the best types ones are the ones that simply spray a mist in the airflow..... just what I've read.

Simple, cheap and effective.

Sugarphreak
04-11-2013, 10:56 AM

revelations
04-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Yea the nozzle (s)? will need to be cleaned once in a while, but that will be the case with ANY humidifier using city water here. Still, they are supposed to be less maintenance than others.

Wonder if an HVAC expert can corroborate this.

Tik-Tok
04-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
^^ I think for any humidifier to work properly long term you need soft water

I'd rather have calcium build up, that's cleanable, than salty humid air rusting my furnace and ducts.

codetrap
04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'd rather have calcium build up, that's cleanable, than salty humid air rusting my furnace and ducts. I'm not a chemistry major... but I'm pretty sure that salt won't evaporate with the water...... Incidentally, I've a water softener for quite some time, and haven't seen any issues with salt crust buildup on... um... anything.

Tik-Tok
04-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
I'm not a chemistry major... but I'm pretty sure that salt won't evaporate with the water...... Incidentally, I've a water softener for quite some time, and haven't seen any issues with salt crust buildup on... um... anything.

Your taps and pipes are designed for hard or soft water though. A furnace, not so much. Hell, even hot water heaters (also designed for soft water) rust out quicker when hooked up to a water softener.

codetrap
04-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Your taps and pipes are designed for hard or soft water though. A furnace, not so much. Hell, even hot water heaters (also designed for soft water) rust out quicker when hooked up to a water softener. Really? Can you post an article or something to that effect? I haven't seen anything like that so far.

Fuzzybunnykiller
04-20-2013, 04:43 PM
The problem wih the pan style is that the float gets scale buildup and then the water ends up running all the time. When the water hits the heat exchanger it causes a crack. Now there is the potenial for co to be produced by the furnace and u are calling a guy like me to put in a new furnace. 5000 $ or u can get a flow through for 400 $ installed, u buy the humidifier and I will do it for 150.

Tinman installations 403-454-5597

Jason

Sugarphreak
04-20-2013, 04:47 PM