PDA

View Full Version : Why NOT to buy cheap car seats!

Tuner1
02-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Everyone who is in the market for aftermarket seats or who already owns them should watch this short video. It gives a vivid example of why you need to make sure the seat you are buying or sitting in is DOT, TUV and/or FIA approved. Auto seats and their associated mounting hardware are subjected to unthinkable G forces in any type of accident and it is critical that the seat supports you and doesn't collapse or deflect excessively. The latest crop of el-cheapo seats coming out of god-knows-which countries are total pieces of crap, with NO structural integrity or safety testing. Some people may not value their lives, but you'll never catch me sitting in anything that isn't tested and approved!

http://images.realride.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Racetech%20Seat&image=racetech.wmv&img=&tt=avi

Rob

CalgaryB5
02-18-2004, 09:35 PM
No Shit..... I came across last year on some Taiwan Sparco.:guns:

hjr
02-18-2004, 09:35 PM
word, NEVER cheap out on you safty!!!

EK 2.0
02-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Wow, although I have a set of sparcos waiting to go in...I never thought of it like that Rob, thanks for making me aware...

Hash_man
02-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up.... but I have been wondering.. I know sparcos are approved by a bunch of institutes and whatnot... but could you tell us which brands of seats are approved by all of the listed associations?

I think this is something that many people need to know, and I would like to know myself.

rc2002
02-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Some sound advice. Saving a few bucks isn't worth the risk...