PDA

View Full Version : 7-10 day trip suggestions - requires beach

timdog
04-10-2013, 01:07 PM
so the wife wants to go somewhere early to mid May, she originally wanted to go to an all inclusive, where as I want something adventurous like Peru. we are trying to think of a good compromise where we can have good weather and beaches but adventure opportunities as well. two places that have been thought of are Hawaii and Belize. havent been to either. any other recommendations or points to consider about the 2 aforementioned spots?

Mitsu3000gt
04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Go to Kauai. Most beach of any island, the least touristy, and plenty of adventure. Last time I went in May flights were $5XX through a WestJet seat sale. It's a hiker's heaven as well if you're into that. I've been to every island now, some twice, and it's by far my favorite.

austic
04-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I like Maui if you are into Scuba diving its amazing. Costa Rica is another great place to go in May, perfect weather that time of year. Rain is just starting so things go from brown to green overnight.

timdog
04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
awesome thanks. i've taken a beginner scuba lesson. might do something like that again, but not a requirement or a huge part of the plan. Kauai sounds good. is there still a city or town where we can hit the bar or restaurants and stuff too? found flights to kauai for $644 but not until early June. May is mostly in the 800s but i'll keep an eye open. would it be good to go to honolulu for a couple days, then fly over to Kauai from there for the rest?

Myrrinda
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Costa Rica or Panama?