PDA

View Full Version : Colombia & Ecuador travel tips?

Isaiah
04-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I'll be heading to Colombia and Ecuador on business in a few weeks and would appreciate suggestions on worthwhile sights and experiences while there.

Although the key destinations are Bogota and Quito, I am open to traveling within the countries since we'll be in South America for a total of 10 days but business will be limited to only 2 days in each country.

Tram Common
04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
My own personal advice: Don't miss your bus and then think it's a good idea to walk to the next city with two guys you met alongside the road and then drink shitty rum until you pass out in a ditch on some hay only to be woken up abruptly in the middle of the night by a venomous pit viper that you decided to try and cuddle in your drunken stupor...

... other than that though, the "primary" cathedral is a must while in Bogota.

Isaiah
04-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Bump, leaving on Sunday.

Any useful advice?

thrasher22
04-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common
My own personal advice: Don't miss your bus and then think it's a good idea to walk to the next city with two guys you met alongside the road and then drink shitty rum until you pass out in a ditch on some hay only to be woken up abruptly in the middle of the night by a venomous pit viper that you decided to try and cuddle in your drunken stupor...

... other than that though, the "primary" cathedral is a must while in Bogota.

That's a pretty amazing story. I would recommend this to myself.

JAYMEZ
04-20-2013, 02:12 AM
Becareful of drinking and altitude sickness in ecudor .. Deff check out the old school cathedrals by the parliament buildings , they have some crazy art works all in gold... If you can , galapagos islands are pretty awesome.. Every hotel will have a tour guide type thing.

Get used to chicken.. Everything is chicken .. Chicken sausages *Gross*

heavyfuel
04-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Friend of mine is in Colombia right now. Apparently if you knock a woman up they don't let you leave the country.