PDA

View Full Version : Which Ford dealer for service?

duaner
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Having just purchased a 2010 Flex Ltd (non-EB) for my wife, I am wondering which of these three Ford dealers is best to deal with for service:

1. Maclin
2. Woodridge
3. Advantage

All are within 20 minutes of our place and Advantage is the closest, although not by much. Anyone have good or bad experiences with any of them? Any "definitely-stay-away" type of experiences?

Thanks.

sillysod
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
PM RatFink.... find out where he works and you will have your answer.

Rat Fink
04-11-2013, 05:42 PM

ercchry
04-11-2013, 06:07 PM
its all about finding a good tech, fine one... and follow them to where ever they work

i have a great one, never have any issues with work. get text message updates with pictures as he is working on my car

but he is mine and im not sharing :devil:

MrSector9
04-11-2013, 06:58 PM
mu only experience is with a work vehicle at maclin.

dropped it off, let them know that the park brake was sticking on when it was very cold out, after warming up it would be ok.

(pretty hard to figure out)

Service rep called me and told me that they could not find anything wrong (it was not around 0 degrees out) and that it needed a brake fluid flush to fix the issue, I then explained the issue to him again and that more then likely it was water somewhere in the park brake cable, he said he would have someone look into it.

Service rep called me again and told me it needed a brake fluid flush and also an exhaust manifold, I told him to never mind and I would be in to pick up the vehicle, he said he would speak to the tech once again and phone me back... No phone call.

I went in to get the truck, spoke to the service manager (very pleasant to deal with) and he removed the cost to look at the brake system as I explained to him the issue and he easily understood.

btimbit
04-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Last week I submitted an online service quote/information request to 3 Ford dealerships in Calgary through their websites. (Advantage, Maclin and Woodridge)

Haven't heard back from a single one yet.

Cos
04-22-2013, 07:44 PM

sillysod
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

3 hours away from all of those places :rofl:

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything good or bad about any of those places so I am not much help. They are all probably like any of the dealers.....you'll have good techs at all of them but there's a risk there will be some crappy ones too (this pretty much holds true to any large shop - even large independant shops). You could always request to have your car worked on by a senior certified or master certified tech which will help your odds of getting a more experienced tech to work on your car, and you could even take the next step further and ask to speak to one of them before work commences to gauge their knowledge/skill level. Requests for certain techs happen all the time so you won't hurt anyones feelings by doing so, but a worst case scenario is your vehicle may not be able to get into the shop immediately and may have to wait until that tech is free to move onto it.

3 hours away? so Medicine Hat now?

You get tired of hanging around DJ motel parking lot and move East? :D

suntan
01-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Sorry for bumping from the dead but I need some help for my 2011 Ford Fiesta SEL. I have the Intelligent Access key which allows me to open the trunk by simply using the trunk release switch on the trunk itself, even if all the doors are locked so long as I have the key on me.

I was rear ended a few weeks ago, got it fixed, but the trunk will not open in this manner anymore. I took my car to Northstar Ford yesterday but they could not fix it. Michael, the person I dealt with, seems to believe that my vehicle does not have this feature, even though I pointed it out to him in the manual.

Any help? Is there a Ford dealership around that actually understands their own product?

G-ZUS
01-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by suntan
Sorry for bumping from the dead but I need some help for my 2011 Ford Fiesta SEL. I have the Intelligent Access key which allows me to open the trunk by simply using the trunk release switch on the trunk itself, even if all the doors are locked so long as I have the key on me.

I was rear ended a few weeks ago, got it fixed, but the trunk will not open in this manner anymore. I took my car to Northstar Ford yesterday but they could not fix it. Michael, the person I dealt with, seems to believe that my vehicle does not have this feature, even though I pointed it out to him in the manual.

Any help? Is there a Ford dealership around that actually understands their own product?

Shouldn't insurance be taking care of that for you since it was a result of the accident

Rat Fink
01-08-2014, 02:12 PM

bulaian
01-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by suntan

You should probably bring your car back to the place that did the repairs. They should be the ones responsible for fixing it I would think :dunno:

suntan
01-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

Straight out of the factory service manual for your car.....

"Luggage Compartment/Liftgate Intelligent Access (IA) Feature

The luggage compartment IA feature allows the luggage compartment lid to be released without having to use the interior luggage compartment lid release switch or the keyless entry keypad. With a programmed IA key within 1 m (3 ft) outside the luggage compartment lid/liftgate, press the release button, and the luggage compartment lid/liftgate latch releases. "

Does the release button still work when the doors are unlocked? (to eliminate the button as being faulty)

From looking at the wiring diagrams, there is an IA luggage compartment antenna located behind the rear bumper cover that is supposed to detect your IA key and send that info to the RFA (remote function actuator) module to allow the trunk to be opened with the release button. Due to your car being rear-ended that's probably what I would look into first if I were the guy getting your car. The wiring and/or the antenna back there. Yes, the button works if the doors are unlocked. The remote trunk release also works. It's just when the car is locked.

Thanks for the info about the antenna. Damned Northstar.

suntan
01-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by bulaian

You should probably bring your car back to the place that did the repairs. They should be the ones responsible for fixing it I would think :dunno: Speedy Collision did the repairs, but they had no idea what I was talking about in regards to the trunk release, so they had the dealer do it, since the dealer said that a reprogram was required.

suntan
01-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Rat Fink, any chance you could PM me the diagram?

suntan
01-09-2014, 11:47 AM
So it turns out the guy at Speedy was wondering about that particular harness, the morons at Northstar couldn't figure it out and were insistent that it didn't exist and that he was imagining the plug.

Rat Fink
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM

batool100
01-20-2014, 04:20 AM
How much does a regular ford dealer charge for an hour of service. I need to change my abs module on a 2001 ford Windstar (i already have the part) just need to calculate labor cost..Thanks

Env-Consultant
01-20-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm not a big fan of Woodridge or Advantage - my clutch packs were gone and I told the tech at Advantage they had been replaced 3 times already (visible on the service record). They called me back and told me there wasn't as issue - I specifically told them they needed to go on dry pavement, crank the wheels like one would when completing a turn at a four-way stop, and wait for the truck the shudder (similar to the 4 x 4 shake you get during dry, tight turns). Sure enough, I have to drive across the city to babysit and show them the problem. Bam, another new set of clutch packs installed under warranty. On my 6th pair - now they won't cover them under warranty - complete bullshit - clearly an pre-exisiting/initial condition that was never properly fixed/dealt with while it was on warranty. Started going to Woodridge after that - went there a few times and never had any major issues, until I pulled up and there were two main doors open. One door, on the right, had a tech at it talking to somebody in a vehicle, so naturally I went to the other door. The tech at his computer go up, gave me a pissed off look, and then started shaking his head at me - like I did something wrong by pulling into a completely open bay. I told him to go F himself and left some rubber in their shop. Long story short, I won't be going back there.

No experience at Maclin - really hate dealing with dealerships and their BS service departments.

ExtraSlow
04-04-2014, 01:59 PM
This is slightly on-topic, so I'll throw it here and see if I get some traction. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a Ford Used vehicle salesperson? I'm buying another F150 shortly, and I have a pretty specific list of wants and needs, and I'd like to work with someone who can do more than say "come in and we'll see what I can do for you". Like actually chek the inventory for the options I'm after. Maybe work out a transfer from another dealership.
Anywhere south of Edmonton is fine.

Cos
04-04-2014, 05:15 PM

rob the knob
04-04-2014, 06:11 PM
http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.7620969.2800/sticker,375x360.png

Black Gts
04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure how much time you have to shop, but I bought a 2011 lariat with 29k for the same price woodridge wanted for an xtr with more miles at South pointe Toyota. I'd suggest looking outside ford dealership as well.

Cos
04-04-2014, 08:31 PM

ExtraSlow
04-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I've got some time. Not buying this week, but hoping to seal the deal this month or early next month. I have been on autotrader and kijiji, most of the non-ford dealers will post their stuff on there to give it a wider audience. Some of them are waaaay out to lunch on the values though. Saw a 2012 Fx4 for the same price as a 2014 would be new with rebates.

What's Josh's contact info, or should I just call thier front desk and ask for josh the salesdude?

Cos
04-04-2014, 09:37 PM

Black Gts
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Yeah but your truck sucks.... :P

Just kidding. You did well on that thing. Super nice. That's a good deal, didn't know how much you'd paid.

Lol 5.0all the way. The mileage was 29. I paid a bit more than that but when I was at woodridge they had 2010s with the 5.4 for 33000.

Masked Bandit
04-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This is slightly on-topic, so I'll throw it here and see if I get some traction. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a Ford Used vehicle salesperson? I'm buying another F150 shortly, and I have a pretty specific list of wants and needs, and I'd like to work with someone who can do more than say "come in and we'll see what I can do for you". Like actually chek the inventory for the options I'm after. Maybe work out a transfer from another dealership.
Anywhere south of Edmonton is fine.

If none of your other options pan out let me know, we have hook ups @ Universal Ford, both new & used. If I was FORCED to buy a Ford (j/k, sort of) I would have faith in Universal.

Cos
04-05-2014, 07:32 AM

SOAB
04-07-2014, 07:25 AM
I recently dealt with Cory Bond at Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie and it was a smooth sale. he gave me a decent price for my trade-in and a pretty good deal on a new XTR.

pretty happy with the new truck :)

ExtraSlow
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm in contact with Josh. I also have a contact now at Universal.
Thanks all. I will try to post results once I have something.