PDA

View Full Version : IT Field Work

Florida_Son
04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey guys, I saw a job posting a few weeks ago from Si Systems I believe, regarding a field help desk/support position. It was a 7 day/7 off fly in/out deal for Northern Alberta.

Is that a rare type of position or a pretty common thing in Alberta? I saw it and thought I wouldn't mind doing something like that--didn't bother applying because I didn't meet all the requirements for the particular position though.

3nergiz3d
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Florida_Son
Hey guys, I saw a job posting a few weeks ago from Si Systems I believe, regarding a field help desk/support position. It was a 7 day/7 off fly in/out deal for Northern Alberta.

Is that a rare type of position or a pretty common thing in Alberta? I saw it and thought I wouldn't mind doing something like that--didn't bother applying because I didn't meet all the requirements for the particular position though.

I wouldn't call it a rare occasion as they are becoming more and more popular depending on the type of work. I would apply even if you didn't meet all the requirements. I'm pretty sure you'll be going against many candidates. (probably 20+) You never know your luck till you try.

Florida_Son
04-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks 3nergiz3d. If something like that comes up again, I'll apply.

thrasher22
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Just throw your resume in there regardless. I applied for a job a month or so ago (unfortunately got filled early), but they had me in for an interview anyways and sent me 3 different opportunities within the first two weeks I was in their books. They were all fairly high paying contract positions too.

I'm not even really in IT, which is their main focus. So I'm sure you'd have even more luck.