PDA

View Full Version : Filing for divorce.

spikerS
04-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Alright, since my old lawyer is AWOL and never returns calls or gets things done, I am hoping for a point and shoot solution here.

It has been 2 years since my ex and I split, and since the relationship between us is pretty amicable, and we have worked out the details over time, is there a standard form we can fill out, and bring it to the court house, file it, appear in front of a judge and wham bam thank you ma'am, you are single again?

If so, is there a place i can download them, or anyone know what forms I need?

We have all the details sorted, we just need to get it on paper and file it.

DeleriousZ
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Yikes, I saw the thread title and the author and wondered if spikers and baygirl weren't going to be doing border runs together... lol.

baygirl
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Yikes, I saw the thread title and the author and wondered if spikers and baygirl weren't going to be doing border runs together... lol.
Nah, we're good. the reason we want a quickie divorce is so we can elope to Vegas. (For the record, it is NOT a shot gun wedding :rofl: )

Cos
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM

D'z Nutz
04-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ

We gotta get those two love birds back together. At least for the next 3 weeks :rofl:

Honda EXR
04-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Alberta Courts website has all the paperwork you need and instructions. All you will need is a commissioner of oaths.

http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/CourtofQueensBench/PublicationsForms/DivorceForms/tabid/330/Default.aspx

Chapters also has an Alberta Divorce Kit for $24.95

You just have to pay filing fees at the court house. If it is a non-disputed divorce, the process will be extremely easy and cheap

sexualbanana
04-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Honda EXR

Chapters also has an Alberta Divorce Kit for $24.95

Am I the only one that wants Spikers and Baygirl to go buy this together, just for the look on the cashier's face?

Unknown303
04-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Am I the only one that wants Spikers and Baygirl to go buy this together, just for the look on the cashier's face?

I think this would be a fantastic idea.

Stewjoe
04-11-2013, 10:17 PM
All the paperwork is available online. It needs to be filled out, signed, witnessed. One party has to have the papers served and after a 30 day wait it can be processed and signed by a judge. No court appearance is necessary. I had a signed and witnessed separation agreement from a year prior so the actual divorce was straight forward.

trieuth
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
How would having baygirl there be better?

If he's getting off easy with a relatively simple divorce, last thing you want to do is piss off the ex

sexualbanana
04-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by trieuth

If he's getting off easy with a relatively simple divorce, last thing you want to do is piss off the ex

Just buying the divorce kit. Not the actual divorce itself. Extra points if they make a huge scene by fighting at the counter.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 07:11 AM

She should likely be sobbing and saying "please big daddy, don't do it.... I promise I'll behave and take my medicine from now on!".

baygirl
04-12-2013, 07:58 AM
How about I get a female friend to go buy it with him, but walk up to the cash and start screaming "Is this the whore you're leaving me and our 4 kids for?".

Or even better yet get Barmanjay/Tomco/KVG to go buy it with him, and I walk up and scream the same thing?

AndyL
04-12-2013, 08:02 AM
:rofl: beyond will hook you up with a youtubes to go viral as a wedding present

D'z Nutz
04-12-2013, 08:07 AM
"I can't wait to see the look on the kids' faces, especially when we tell them it's their fault!"

spikerS
04-12-2013, 08:20 AM
fuck, I go to bed thinking Beyond is going to be helpful.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FraserB
04-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by spikers

Not sure why you would think that.:dunno:

toastgremlin
04-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by baygirl
Or even better yet get Barmanjay/Tomco/KVG to go buy it with him, and I walk up and scream the same thing? All four of them? It must be complicated to process a divorce in your harem.

Moonracer
04-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Spikers: I'm assuming you don't have kids? If not the easiest way to get your divorce done is to go down to the court of queens bench 7th floor family justice services. Tell them you would like a copy of "Joint divorce without kids" documents to fill out. You can't get this one online for some stupid reason. But basically you don't need to serve your ex or get a lawyer involved. You just fill out the documents and comply with the steps and once filled out you both go in and have the clerk swear the documents for you. They will send you over to the divorce counter on the same floor to file them for $210. After that you wait until the justice looks it over and approves it and they will mail a copy of the divorce judgement to each of you. This last part could take up to 6 weeks though and there's nothing you can do to hurry it.

This is all assuming neither of you are disputing anything whatsoever, kids, house, money etc....

Good luck! :)

spikerS
04-12-2013, 08:47 AM
My ex and I do have a kid. We have already split the marital property and worked out what child support will be paid ourselves.

At this point though, we literally just need to finalize the divorce as we have already done everything else. There is nothing left to figure out, or whatever, and at this point there is nothing to dispute. we just need to sign on the dotted line and part ways.

I did find Form FL-26, Divorce judgement and corollary relief order, and filled it out with what we have agreed upon. I think it is the right form, so I guess I just need her to sign it, and then file it?

flipstah
04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
"I can't wait to see the look on the kids' faces, especially when we tell them it's their fault!"

GOLD! :rofl:

Moonracer
04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Ok then it's still not too bad. The same place should have the same documents I mentioned but "with kids" and you'll have attend a parenting after separation class but I think that is about it. I'll give you the number to call to answer all your questions 403-297-6981

Tik-Tok
04-12-2013, 09:24 AM
so I guess I just need her to sign it, and then file it?

Don't forget to shake her hand afterwards to.

spikerS
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Don't forget to shake her hand afterwards to.

But I don't know where it's been... :barf:

Tik-Tok
04-12-2013, 10:01 AM

But I don't know where it's been... :barf:

Yeah, but nothing says both "done deal", and a polite "fuck you", like a handshake. Besides, before you go to sign, you could put a finger or two into Baygirl, then smirk as you're shaking your ex's hand :rofl:

spikerS
04-12-2013, 10:33 AM
:eek: :rofl:

sexualbanana
04-12-2013, 11:05 AM

What are you? A noob?

95EagleAWD
04-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Just buying the divorce kit. Not the actual divorce itself. Extra points if they make a huge scene by fighting at the counter.

Thank you for an idea next time the gf and I are in chapters! Comedy gold.

sexualbanana
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Thank you for an idea next time the gf and I are in chapters! Comedy gold.

Or hit on the cashier when she's with you!

95EagleAWD
04-12-2013, 05:33 PM

Or hit on the cashier when she's with you!

Might as well do both. Bitch at the gf about the "divorce" and mack on the cashier.

hrdkore
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Alright, since my old lawyer is AWOL and never returns calls or gets things done, I am hoping for a point and shoot solution here.

It has been 2 years since my ex and I split, and since the relationship between us is pretty amicable, and we have worked out the details over time, is there a standard form we can fill out, and bring it to the court house, file it, appear in front of a judge and wham bam thank you ma'am, you are single again?

If so, is there a place i can download them, or anyone know what forms I need?

We have all the details sorted, we just need to get it on paper and file it.

Funny you mention this, actually they sell them at Chapters.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/books/divorce-kit-for-alberta-guide/9781770400931-item.html?ikwid=divorce+kit&ikwsec=Home&gcs_requestid=0CLiNo9aHzbYCFUI95wodiFYAAA