PDA

View Full Version : HTC One

Pages : [1] 2

harv91
04-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Hey guys,

Theres already an iPhone 5 thread and a Samsung S4 thread, so I thought i'd start up a thread for HTC's new flagship device the HTC One.

From what i've read and seen online this phone looks amazing. Aesthetically I think its the nicest phone on the market, I've gone from Blackberry to iPhone to the Galaxy s2/s3. But I gotta say the screen / size / curvature / look of this phone looks unreal.

According to most of the information i've read online, it should be coming out on telus, bell & rogers roughly April 19th-ish. I love the galaxy s2/s3, but I kinda want a change from the samsung, and even though the s4 looks sweet I think ima give the HTC One a shot. I'm most excited to get away from the cheap plasticky material of the s4 and back to a phone that feels like its actual worth something haha.

Has anyone read up / checked this phone and thinking of picking one up? I opened this thread so people could post some information they come across about this device.

Im posting a picture of this beast and a link from GSM Arena that has some of the basic features of this phone.
Can't wait for this thing
:burnout:

SPECS
http://tmonews.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/htcone.jpg

http://tmonews.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/htcone.jpg

Thoughts?

dj_rice
04-12-2013, 06:37 AM
I've been a fan of the HTC's since I first bought the HTC Tilt 8925. I can't even remember how many cell phones I've gone through but I've always gone back to HTC. Currently rock the baby brother HTC One S, wish Fido offered the One X though. But HTC has stepped up with their BeatsAudio series phones and the new O/S.

4doorj
04-12-2013, 07:03 AM
I love how the speakers are up front for this thing. So if your watching something you can actually hear it. On my note 2 when I'm watching something or playing a game my hands are usually covering the speaker on the back, so annoying.

WhippWhapp
04-12-2013, 07:04 AM
I've mostly preferred HTC 's design language, not so much their software engineers.

black13
04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
This phone is getting alot of buzz. Love the look and the design. Much more improved than the measly update the Galaxy S4 got.

I've been wanting to try a non-Samsung phone for a while now and this is the first HTC phone that has me tempted. Between this and the Sony Xperia zl.

HTC doesn't have as a good reputation from their previous phones on updating the software though and well nothing comes close to the user developed roms Samsung phones get but this could be the turn around for HTC but I'm gonna wait a bit and see how it goes.

Kg810
04-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Finally a non plastic Android, looks fantastic.

Sorath
04-12-2013, 11:48 AM
I have been waiting for this phone to come out so I can throw away my pos iPhone 5 away

slick2404
04-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Can't wait as well! Looks deadly.

supe
04-12-2013, 12:48 PM
This phone is beautiful, IMO the nicest looking phone period.

My only gripe is the software is only Android 4.1, a flagship phone deserves the latest and greatest.

If this thing can run CM which it should I am highly interested in it.

Xtrema
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by supe
This phone is beautiful, IMO the nicest looking phone period.

My only gripe is the software is only Android 4.1, a flagship phone deserves the latest and greatest.

If this thing can run CM which it should I am highly interested in it.

Can't believe they are releasing 4.1 when Galaxy line and N4 are already on 4.2.

HyperZell
04-13-2013, 10:25 AM
I've had this reserved since it's original launch date in March. Was really annoyed when then bumped it, but I'm pretty excited for it. I just got kind of tired of my iPhone, and the One is just so well-designed. I'll let you know how it is when I get it (hopefully) next week. It'll take some time going from iOS to Android, but I think it'll be worth it.

shakalaka
04-13-2013, 01:04 PM
So this is out next week?

HyperZell
04-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
So this is out next week?

Yep. I may even get mine early!

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/04/13/rogers-starts-shipping-the-htc-one-to-customers-who-pre-ordered/

shakalaka
04-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Man....after getting an iphone 5, z10 and s3 within a period of a couple of months...another phone that I'd like to get is the last thing I needed!

Where did you order yours from? Unlocked?

HyperZell
04-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Man....after getting an iphone 5, z10 and s3 within a period of a couple of months...another phone that I'd like to get is the last thing I needed!

Where did you order yours from? Unlocked?

Nope, reserved it from Rogers. Had to call and bitch about the new stupid Hardware Upgrade policy (there is none anymore) and they relented and let me upgrade from my i4. It's been awhile since I've been excited about a gadget, but I've already gone and bought a car charger and alarm clock dock, lol.

shakalaka
04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
This is kinda confusing..I thought HTC one or HTC One X plus or something was already out? Is this a different device than the rest? This is way too confusing!

EK69
04-14-2013, 11:32 AM
This is kinda confusing..I thought HTC one or HTC One X plus or something was already out? Is this a different device than the rest? This is way too confusing!

Ya this is a different phone lol
Htc one x was first
Then Htc one x+ (slight Improvements to one x I think)
Now Htc one (major improvements and redesign and basically a whole new phone)

shakalaka
04-14-2013, 11:46 AM
FFS...you'd think they'd be able to think of a different name.:banghead:

jwslam
04-15-2013, 07:32 AM
FFS...you'd think they'd be able to think of a different name.:banghead:
Even blackberry learned to move away from a mundane numbering system... kinda.

HyperZell
04-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Got my shipping notice last night! UPS says it's in Calgary - hopefully I'll get it tonight!

SlickA70
04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Pretty shitty that we aren't going to be getting the 64GB model, 32 isn't going to be able to cut it for me but I'm probably going to get it due to the quality of materials used.

The S4 seems very underplayed considering I cant tell it apart from the S3, although the features are wicked I would much rather have an aluminum bodied phone to a humidity sensor...

... I live in Calgary, I already know what the humidity is...

... 0.

Sorath
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Where can I buy one locally without contract today?

spike98
04-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
Where can I buy one locally without contract today?

All carriers should have it. From experience though, rogers usually gives you a hassle and will charge more than the others if you buy it outright.

Also, stay away from FS and BB. They wont sell them either because they want to sell it on contract of the commission. They will claim its policy but its BS.

supe
04-19-2013, 08:39 AM
I would love to hear any reviews!

Cowtown_Raider
04-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Just waiting for the call from the Rogers store down the road to come pick mine up. I'm curious to see how it sells today across the continent. Been on iPhone 4 for nearly 3 years...this should be a nice upgrade.

HyperZell
04-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Heading off to get mine now!

Cowtown_Raider
04-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
Heading off to get mine now!

Awesome...did the store actually call you or you just showing up?

Chester
04-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Just got it, sweet phone!

HyperZell
04-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Woo! I had it reserved as I am a Rogers customer, and they called me yesterday (I had also obsessively tracked the shipment) and I went by to get it today. It's going to take some getting used to, but that's all part of the fun!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIO3IJ0CAAEAO1m.jpg:large

shakalaka
04-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Looks nice, I think I might consider it. Even though the 4mp camera really turns me off. Anyone wants to trade their for a s3 or a bb z10, give me a shout ;).

HyperZell
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Looks nice, I think I might consider it. Even though the 4mp camera really turns me off. Anyone wants to trade their for a s3 or a bb z10, give me a shout ;).

I'm assuming you know all about the Ultrapixel thing, right? Don't get turned off by the 4MP thing alone (although I wish it was higher too).

I think I heard the guy at the store say that have lots in stock, so if you're thinking about it you should head down to Rogers and check it out.

TrU-PaK
04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

I'm assuming you know all about the Ultrapixel thing, right? Don't get turned off by the 4MP thing alone (although I wish it was higher too).

I think I heard the guy at the store say that have lots in stock, so if you're thinking about it you should head down to Rogers and check it out.

If you get a minute post some pictures from the ONE, really curious to see how the pics look other then on the screen of the phone.

Torn between this and the s4!

Cowtown_Raider
04-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Did you do a hardware upgrade? The rep at BB Mobile was on the phone for 30 mins trying to do a hardware upgrade for me. Apparently the One isn't listed yet as an upgrade option until tomorrow.

HyperZell
04-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
Did you do a hardware upgrade? The rep at BB Mobile was on the phone for 30 mins trying to do a hardware upgrade for me. Apparently the One isn't listed yet as an upgrade option until tomorrow.

Yes I did; your rep must not be doing it right.

Cowtown_Raider
04-19-2013, 01:55 PM
WTF...the Best Buy Mobile rep was on the phone with Rogers and was having managers look into it. Makes no sense.

Anyone else been able to do an upgrade on Rogers? Which store did you go to?

rixxx
04-19-2013, 02:27 PM

Sorath
04-19-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm in van and apparently they don't sell the phone outright. Fido doesn't have it yet. I rather buy outright because I like my contract. Wireless wave said they can sell outright for 699 but they are all Rogers phone and I would have to get it unlocked >_<. Anyway around this? Has anyone seen the black one yet? Seems impossible to find haha

Cowtown_Raider
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Ok I got hooked up this afternoon with Digicom on 32nd. Don't know what was up with BB Mobile, but they were pretty clueless. Damn nice phone!

Chester
04-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Bell sold it outright

EK69
04-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Anyone's HTC one have physical quality control problems like some are reporting online?

http://phandroid.com/2013/04/19/htc-one-review/

Stuff about gap less build having a gap? And other physical issues like the screen lifting slightly and the face of the phone being slightly off center which makes the bottom edge by speaker sharp ?

Diesel2005
04-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Anyone here know how come i'm getting the "No Weather Data available" above the blink feed?

I have it enabled. I went through settings and can't seem to fix.

Cowtown_Raider
04-20-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't even remember setting up the weather widget, it just started showing Calgary weather.

As for the fit & finish issues circulating around the web, I made sure to inspect the phone before I signed for it. No gaps on this one...very toit.

spike98
04-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Diesel2005
Anyone here know how come i'm getting the &quot;No Weather Data available&quot; above the blink feed?

I have it enabled. I went through settings and can't seem to fix.

Go into settings > apps > all and find the HTC weather and clear the data. Then go into the power settings and turn off fast startup. Turn off your WiFi and reboot. Worked for me.

jdmXSI
04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Thé one thing i cant stand je thé autocorrect on fuis danm phone. Or je so fucking annoying, lol. You spell something thé est ut should ne spelled and or cônes out all cycles up. Gall me lady but is there à eau to turn this useless festifs off?

Thats how it came out with its auto suggestion and should have been:

The one thing I cant stand is the autocorrect on this damn phone. It is so fucking annoying, lol. You spell some thing the way it should be spelled and it comes out all fucked up. Call me lazy but is there a way to turn this useless feature off?

Sometimes it won't even give the right suggestion. Fuuuuuuu.

End rant/

Also, any tips to see gifs? It is just showing à single atoll image.

Thanks!

harv91
04-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Thé one thing i cant stand je thé autocorrect on fuis danm phone. Or je so fucking annoying, lol. You spell something thé est ut should ne spelled and or cônes out all cycles up. Gall me lady but is there à eau to turn this useless festifs off?

The one thing I cant stand is the autocorrect on this damn phone. It is so fucking annoying, lol. You spell some thing the way it should be spelled and it comes out all fucked up. Call me lazy but is there a way to turn this useless feature off?

End rant/

Thanks!

Go get the Swift Key board from the App store...
absolutely amazingggg
you can swype or tap to type and the autocorrect is 100x better :thumbsup:

kaput
04-22-2013, 12:00 PM

spike98
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM

End rant/

Thanks!

Yea, it looks like your language is set to french.

slick2404
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
This phone is awesome.:thumbsup:

HyperZell
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
This phone is awesome.:thumbsup:

Agreed. I'm totally loving it. Where it gets a bit annoying, though, is the way it's used in the environment. The new alarm clock dock I bought for it sucks, and I'm going to return it today. The car audio thing I bought also isn't as great (lacking controls and I don't have an aux in). Bottom line, I now see the power of Apple in the third-party world.

I'll have more thoughts in a blog post later this week, but so far so great.

SlickA70
04-22-2013, 12:47 PM
I cant wait for the 4.2.2 update to release, so many bugs and fixes that need to be addressed with the current SW.

Obviously thats how most initial launch devices are but that doesnt out weigh how good of a device it is to begin with.

I was all about the S4 but I could easily trade the novelties for a brushed aluminum housing.

The lack of expandable memory got to me but upon reevaluating my SD use I realized for the amount of music I have and what I do, I'd never use more than maybe 20GB's.

Over all I am impressed and very happy!

Chester
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Love this phone. Have had no problems so far and it gets used for everything.

supe
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Just checked this out at the rogers store. Some notes, its looks like the backing may be a bit sensitive to scratches, so it would be a shame if you had to cover up such a nice phone. Speaker demo was amazing. The momentum when scrolling reminds me more of an iPhone, I like the stock android momentum better. UI is beautiful, props to HTC on this. Being that the back is curved, it doesn't sit flat when you put in on a flat surface, this could get annoying if you were playing with it without holding it.

All in all, HTC built one hell of a phone.

4doorj
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Hows the battery life?

Chester
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I was worried about the back scratching easily, but it's actually pretty tough. I rest the phone in this crevice with sharp edges while I'm on the stationary bike and I've dropped it a couple times while exercising and it still looks flawless.

HyperZell
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I was worried about the back scratching easily, but it's actually pretty tough. I rest the phone in this crevice with sharp edges while I'm on the stationary bike and I've dropped it a couple times while exercising and it still looks flawless.

Lol I'd be losing my shit if I did that to a brand new phone, even though I know it's tough.

This is the type of phone where putting a case on it would be a travesty.

Chester
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
Hows the battery life?

Great, although when I was testing battery life, I had it in power saving mode. Used the phone from saturday 0800 until about 1100 before having to charge it. That includes streaming music from soundcloud over LTE using bluetooth in my car for about 2 hours, using the phone as an MP3 player at the gym and playing with the camera, all while taking calls and texting.

shakalaka
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
You guys should get the zagg shields for the front and the back.

I really want this phone but I am trying to control myself after purchasing my last three phones outright (s3, iphone 5 and z10). Now I am kind of forcing myself to sell one of the other one's first before I buy it.

EK69
04-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Chester

Great, although when I was testing battery life, I had it in power saving mode. Used the phone from saturday 0800 until about 1100 before having to charge it. That includes streaming music from soundcloud over LTE using bluetooth in my car for about 2 hours, using the phone as an MP3 player at the gym and playing with the camera, all while taking calls and texting.
I hope that 1100 actually means 2300 aka 11pm otherwise 3 hour battery life sucks :rofl:

Phone is really nice to look at but I would end up covering it up with a good case lol. Nothing crazy like otter box defender but probably speck candy shell type case (soft rubber inside and hard plastic outside) cuz I don't want a fucked up screen :rofl:

I think I'm gonna hate the extremely thin bezel of the galaxy s4 when using with one hand. The part of my hand under the thumb always accidentally hits shit and I've used galaxy s3 and iPhones and blackberry z10 and others lol

Anyone else find that? Or do u guys all use two hands now?

spike98
04-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by EK69

I hope that 1100 actually means 2300 aka 11pm otherwise 3 hour battery life sucks :rofl:

Phone is really nice to look at but I would end up covering it up with a good case lol. Nothing crazy like otter box defender but probably speck candy shell type case (soft rubber inside and hard plastic outside) cuz I don't want a fucked up screen :rofl:

I think I'm gonna hate the extremely thin bezel of the galaxy s4 when using with one hand. The part of my hand under the thumb always accidentally hits shit and I've used galaxy s3 and iPhones and blackberry z10 and others lol

Anyone else find that? Or do u guys all use two hands now?

Given in that its slightly slimmer and taller i find one hand operation much better than my N4. You can actually reach across the device with your thumb without having to jostle around your hand to find a way. The power button is nice for me too. It seems to land just in the right spot for my pointer finger when i have it in my right hand.

sh0ko
04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
my battery life is terrible i cant get thru a workday without it dying and all im doing is using it for music and yes i charged it the first few times properly

shakalaka
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
For all you guys who bought it outright visit the HTC website. They have a $100 refund promition going on if you have an older phone that you can trade in. They are only accepting certain phones and the value could be more than $100. But the minimum you get back is $100. The promotion ends at the end of the month. I wasn't thinking of buying this phone outright but seeing that promotion I am a bit tempted to buy it now.....which takes me to my next question.

Do you guys know if Rogers will sell one outright if I visit a store and am not their customer?

And, will a Rogers one work on Fido without getting it unlocked first?

Thanks

HyperZell
04-24-2013, 04:40 PM
For all you guys who bought it outright visit the HTC website. They have a $100 refund promition going on if you have an older phone that you can trade in. They are only accepting certain phones and the value could be more than $100. But the minimum you get back is $100. The promotion ends at the end of the month. I wasn't thinking of buying this phone outright but seeing that promotion I am a bit tempted to buy it now.....which takes me to my next question.

Do you guys know if Rogers will sell one outright if I visit a store and am not their customer?

Thanks

I signed up for this a month ago; I think it applies to all HTC Ones though, not just those bought outright. Take a closer look - am I wrong?

shakalaka
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I didn't read just outright one's anywhere so yea probably applies to all. I thought I'd share in case some people didn't know.

If Rogers will sell one outright I might get one tonight....

spike98
04-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko
my battery life is terrible i cant get thru a workday without it dying and all im doing is using it for music and yes i charged it the first few times properly

Well if you are playing music all day then yea, its going to die fast. Additionally the way you charge the battery has no baring on how long it lasts (for the first 500 or so charges anyways).

Get a battery monitoring program and find out what is really the cause of the drain. Could be some random app that is keeping it from going into sleep. People are getting 6-7 hours of screen on time with this thing. So it may be you, not your phone.

HyperZell
04-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by spike98

Well if you are playing music all day then yea, its going to die fast. Additionally the way you charge the battery has no baring on how long it lasts (for the first 500 or so charges anyways).

Get a battery monitoring program and find out what is really the cause of the drain. Could be some random app that is keeping it from going into sleep. People are getting 6-7 hours of screen on time with this thing. So it may be you, not your phone.

Agreed. The way I use it, I listen to music on the way to work, answer a few texts at work, listen to music on the way home and text/email at the gym. No problems so far, though I can tell if I were on it constantly it'd probably last half the day.

jdmXSI
04-25-2013, 09:25 AM
After sorting out my little issue, I really like the rest of the phone. It was just a matter of finding out where to turn off predictive spelling and enabling gifs, now all is good!

interlude
04-25-2013, 09:48 AM
After sorting out my little issue, I really like the rest of the phone. It was just a matter of finding out where to turn off predictive spelling and enabling gifs, now all is good!

How do you enable gifs?

I'm a long time iphone user (since 3GS) and gave up my iphone 5 for the HTC One. So far I am loving it, but still trying to get over losing some Apple branded perks.

Also, does anybody know how to view the emoji posted in IG by iphone users?

spike98
04-25-2013, 10:50 AM

All my 4chan gif's worked fine right out of the box. Predictive spelling should be in the input and language setting in the settings menu.

jdmXSI
04-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by interlude

How do you enable gifs?

I'm a long time iphone user (since 3GS) and gave up my iphone 5 for the HTC One. So far I am loving it, but still trying to get over losing some Apple branded perks.

Also, does anybody know how to view the emoji posted in IG by iphone users?

When you are in your internet browser, touch the 3 dots on the top right corner of your screen> go to your settings> go into advanced> scroll down to enable gif content and you should be good to go :thumbsup:

EK69
04-25-2013, 05:25 PM

Thanks Is the $100 rebate thing still on? I thought I saw it was limited to a certain end date and it had passed?

And damn I think I read about u buying like 3 phones in the last few months.
I feel like checking this phone out too but am weary of the size. And the cash lol. Although it would be easier and cheaper to just go on another contract with Rogers and pay the remaining device balance no? Since it decreases every month by a certain amount? :dunno:

shakalaka
04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Haha yea...I have a problem when it comes to phones. I have so many that keep getting piled up. That promotion is valid as long as you buy the phone before the enf of the month.

I have a question about career plans and stuff perhaps one of you guys can help me out. I've been wanting to get rid of Fido for quite some time now but I am on a contract (which is why I buy phone's outright). Anyway, to cancel it, I have to pay a huge fee and what not. So my question is if I wanna go with another career and sign up a contract with them, would they take care of my old contract so as to encourage me to go with them instead or something? I wanna go with Bell and don't mind doing a contract with them and get a subsidized phone as long as they take care of the Fido crap.

HyperZell
04-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Haha yea...I have a problem when it comes to phones. I have so many that keep getting piled up. That promotion is valid as long as you buy the phone before the enf of the month.

I have a question about career plans and stuff perhaps one of you guys can help me out. I've been wanting to get rid of Fido for quite some time now but I am on a contract (which is why I buy phone's outright). Anyway, to cancel it, I have to pay a huge fee and what not. So my question is if I wanna go with another career and sign up a contract with them, would they take care of my old contract so as to encourage me to go with them instead or something? I wanna go with Bell and don't mind doing a contract with them and get a subsidized phone as long as they take care of the Fido crap.

Carrier?

I think that depends on the tier you'd be as a customer. If you're spending $30 a month on your phone, no chance.

shakalaka
04-26-2013, 07:04 AM
I am spending minimum $80/ month with the plan I have right now with Fido. Maybe I should stop by a Bell store and ask them.

spike98
04-26-2013, 07:51 AM

Unfortunately i have never heard of carriers buying out customers contracts from other carriers. I know you should be able to switch to rogers without penalty but if you hate fido, you'll hate rogers too.

I did get out of rogers/fido without penalty a while back. I got shit/no service at work and i complained almost daily. After a month or so and them unable to fix it (obviously they would have to add a tower or two, which i knew) they allowed me to cancel without fee's. It took some work and loads of complaining but they let me go.

Additionally look for changes in the ToS. They are always on your bill. When they change you have 14 days from the receipt of the bill to dispute the changes and cancel the contract. If you do nothing, that is you accepting the changes. People have gotten out of contracts this way too.

If all else fails, just cancel and pay. Before you leave negotiate a deal with the other carrier (on the phone, not in store) and they might be able to give you a deal good enough to make up what you pay over time.

EK69
04-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Did u find out frOm fido what the cancellation fee would be?
I was reading on redflagdeals that some business plans offered port in credits of a few hundred but u need a legit gst number etc or something. And maybe different dealer store would be willing to absorb some cost and take a smaller commission to get u as a customer. But they will all ask how much the fee is for u.

Why do u wanna leave fido?
I had about a year left with Rogers and I was reading abt ppl getting early cancellation fees waived so I called and got mine waived too lol. Now with the new flex tab thing it's the (subsidized amount /36) * months left. Each month it goes down by a certain amount. I'm not entirely sure but fido may have the same flex tab thing now?

jdmXSI
04-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Anyone know how to take a screen shot on the HTC one like you can do on the iphone?

I guess youtube your friend... for those who dont know it's quite similar, instead of pushing the on/off and home button at the same time, you push and hold on/off first and then you push the home button secondly.

slick2404
04-26-2013, 08:51 AM
^Hold the lock button and then home button together.

sh0ko
04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
does anyone know how to have a quick button for vibration mode. not used to having to turn the volume up and down to vibrate to get it to vibrate only

HyperZell
04-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
does anyone know how to have a quick button for vibration mode. not used to having to turn the volume up and down to vibrate to get it to vibrate only

Hold down the volume rocker for a second.

There's no switch like the iPhone, which takes getting used to, but it's pretty minor.

ZEDGE
04-27-2013, 04:00 PM
HTC is selling these unlocked for $575 on their site. Looks like its only US though.

http://shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phones/productdetail.htm?prId=41589

Xtrema
05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
HTC is selling these unlocked for $575 on their site. Looks like its only US though.

http://shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phones/productdetail.htm?prId=41589

It's stupid that they don't direct sell to Canadians.

Want one for WIND but they don't have it yet. I guess I have to picked up a S4.

Major HTC fail.

shakalaka
05-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Oh that's lame. If they sold directly in Canada I may have been tempted to get one!

vw_rabbit2.5
05-02-2013, 01:03 PM
For those who did hardware upgrades through Rogers, how much did the HTC One cost?

shakalaka
05-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Is Rogers selling it outright for people that don't have contracts with them?

dj_rice
05-03-2013, 11:54 AM
How is this phone with calls? I've had the HTC Sensation 4G and now the HTC One S and my calls are always getting dropped for no reason when I have 3-4 bars of reception.

HyperZell
05-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
How is this phone with calls? I've had the HTC Sensation 4G and now the HTC One S and my calls are always getting dropped for no reason when I have 3-4 bars of reception.

Haven't had that problem yet, whereas my old iPhone would drop calls all the time. It's also much clearer now - I've had a few people say that there's a big difference.

Xtrema
05-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Is Rogers selling it outright for people that don't have contracts with them?

I those the big 3's stock on HTC One would be carrier locked?

The $100 rebate is back for this weekend.

slick2404
05-03-2013, 12:37 PM
^ it costs 10 bucks to unlock from cellunlockers :thumbsup:

shakalaka
05-03-2013, 02:14 PM
I read that Rogers one should work with Fido. I am just looking for a shop that would sell one outright. Don't understand why that's so hard to do...it's absolutely ridiculous.

spike98
05-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I have had zero problems buying one. I went to virgin for the one i have now but wireless wave was also willing to sell one outright. Only BB and FS have the issues.

Rogers ones are retailing for 699. Get a bell or telus one and unlock it (or one of their MVNO's). They are $649

TrU-PaK
05-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Has anyone mastered the zoe feature?

I've been having troubles with most zoes unable to do sequence shot or even object removal other then the one random object it automatically detects. Get the error: not enough shots for sequence

Anyone have any personal tips in regards to this?

Xtrema
05-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Rogers ones are retailing for 699. Get a bell or telus one and unlock it (or one of their MVNO's). They are $649

Once unlocked will it work on WIND? The are all penta band right?

cosmok
05-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Once unlocked will it work on WIND? The are all penta band right?
Rogers / Bell / Telus are the exact same model, no AWS

http://xda4.androidrevolution.nl/db_mirror/ROMs/HTC_One/variants.png

shakalaka
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM
I ended up ordering the s4 but my heart is still stuck in this one a bit. If anyone is interested in trading, let me know. I should have the s4 in a few days.

Diesel2005
05-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Which case is everyone using for the HTC One?

HyperZell
05-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Diesel2005
Which case is everyone using for the HTC One?

None. It's a crime against the design and feel of the phone, lol. I tried a screen protector but I could feel the edge of it at the top of the phone. With all of the pull-down swipes you do on it, that was a dealbreaker, so I'm just putting my faith in the Gorilla Glass.

dj_rice
05-20-2013, 09:39 PM
A co-worker bought one of these. Told me to watch this, as he proceeded to turn off the TV's at work. I'm so getting the HTC One now, its gonna be very useful at the pubs :rofl: :rofl: when they are playing Oilers games, I'll change it to Flames games

shakalaka
05-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Picked one up today. Any cool stuff that I wouldn't have come across while playing around with the phone?

A couple of things: Any way to show a battery percentage thing on the top?

Second: When I go to gallery, not only are the pictures in the phone there but also my facebook pictures and what other people are uploading. Does that mean they are being stored in my phone? Anyway to turn this off so that the gallery only has the phone pictures (downloaded and taken by phone camera) show there?

Cheers

Sorath
05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
shakalaka, did you ever get it working with fido?

also if you did how did you do it?

mind pming me the process? ive been dying to get this phone

shakalaka
05-31-2013, 07:06 AM
Didn't do anything at all man. Just bought a brand new, sealed phone from someone on kijiji and it was with Rogers. Popped in my Fido SIM card and that's it. I read online somewhere that Rogers version work with Fido right out of the box. Decided to try it and sure enough it did.:thumbsup: