PDA

View Full Version : GM Dealership that is NOT SHAW

sillysod
04-12-2013, 08:46 AM
We have been purchasing and servicing company vehicles from and at Shaw for the last 15 years.

Well the service has gotten so terrible in the last 6 months that I need to find a different dealership to take our vehicles to.

We dropped a service van off on Wednesday AM and I have not been able to get ahold of our service advisor since Thursday AM. Nobody can give me an answer when it will be done or if they even started it (fuel pump). Kind of makes it difficult to have techs out when their vehicle is MIA.

This is the 3rd time in 3 months we had issues like this.

We are 1 block from Shaw GMC so they are the most convenient and would prefer something somewhat close but that isn't as important as the service is.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Sent you a PM.

bjstare
04-12-2013, 09:02 AM
If you're that close, have you been able to make the time to drive over and speak with (yell at) someone face to face?

Tik-Tok
04-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Id suggest NOT going to CMP. Maybe things have improved, but we stopped taking our vehicles there when they rejected working on a van because "it was dirty" (dead serious, that's what they said)

sillysod
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Well going to try using GSL now I guess, hopefully things are smoother there. If not I will tear you a new one Twin Cam :D

CJ I am heading over there shortly, but I shouldn't have to waste my time with that. I did the same thing last week and ended up standing around the lobby, service are and parts department trying to get someone that would give me information on my van for 30+ minutes.

Even the sales there was pretty bad. Just bought a vehicle there within the last year (2011 F-250 from their used car department) and the salesman told me he was too busy to show it to me and to come back another day.

We needed it right away for a job and it was the only one with such low KM's at that price in the city so I said can cut a cheque for it on the spot. (truck needed to go up North the next week)

This retard picked up his phone and proceeded to make a phone call to someone with me standing right there. He covered the mic on his phone with his hand and said ok then take your cheque book to ABC payment office and they will handle it... also make sure that you tell them Rupert (don't remember his real name) helped you out. hahaha....

Hallowed_point
04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
I would stay away from Jack Carter, they have a good rep although I'm not sure why. I've been there three times and have been largely disappointed with them. They couldn't be bothered to diagnose/fix anything in my experiences (non warranty related) "everything is fine/we can't do anything, please pay us $180 + for our diagnosis":rolleyes: Didn't wash the car after servicing etc..just sloppy service imo.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sillysod
Well going to try using GSL now I guess, hopefully things are smoother there. If not I will tear you a new one Twin Cam :D

CJ I am heading over there shortly, but I shouldn't have to waste my time with that. I did the same thing last week and ended up standing around the lobby, service are and parts department trying to get someone that would give me information on my van for 30+ minutes.

Even the sales there was pretty bad. Just bought a vehicle there within the last year (2011 F-250 from their used car department) and the salesman told me he was too busy to show it to me and to come back another day.

We needed it right away for a job and it was the only one with such low KM's at that price in the city so I said can cut a cheque for it on the spot. (truck needed to go up North the next week)

This retard picked up his phone and proceeded to make a phone call to someone with me standing right there. He covered the mic on his phone with his hand and said ok then take your cheque book to ABC payment office and they will handle it... also make sure that you tell them Rupert (don't remember his real name) helped you out. hahaha....

I will make sure the vehicles get taken care of on time and properly :D

GOnSHO
04-12-2013, 11:45 AM
my roommate AND his brother both work at shag north, its quite the drive but its worth it, they have a GREAT group of techs there, all the riff raff have been fired in the last 2-3 months

Sugarphreak
04-12-2013, 12:09 PM

gqboy322
04-12-2013, 12:11 PM
CMP and SHAW are owner by same auto group.

Masked Bandit
04-12-2013, 01:07 PM
CMP, Shaw & Okotoks GM (Not 100% sure) are all the same group. I've had reasonable results at Southgate. Jack Carter was OKAY but I wasn't blown away.

Darell_n
04-12-2013, 05:24 PM
I work for a company with 30+ vehicles, also from Shaw. If it's not warranty we go to Get Wrenched which is a small shop beside the Blackfoot Inn. Good prices and good work. Every time my work vehicle get serviced at Shaw something related blows up within a week. :thumbsdow

Graham_A_M
04-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Ive had awesome luck at both Jack Carter and Shaganappi. I just picked up the Buick at Shag, and I was very very happy with them. They fixed the heat shielding under the hood that was coming off in no time, same with give me a new set of wheel locks since my car never came with the key for them. Id recommend both in a heartbeat.
:thumbsup:

IDK, CMP is in the NE, so I've never even bothered with that place as their already high on my shit list because of that alone. I went there once many years ago when I was a fleet manager with this GM Van we had, and holy fucking christ I was disgusted with the service. The adviser was a complete bitch (you have NO idea). Everything about it was a catastrophe. I've never been back since. GSL, I have no experience with them personally but I've heard pretty good things about them.

I'd avoid Southgate entirely, much like CMP.
I've heard more bad shit about them then I have the time to retype here. Hopelessly botched bodywork, very poor repair jobs done there, just....... :nut: yeah I just dont have the time to retype it here. So I'll leave it at that.

Tealc
09-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Shaganappi GM is full of idiots starting with their Service Manager. I will never take a vehicle there for service ever again. I have heard great things about GSL, and will give them a try the next time I need to get service work done.

Sugarphreak
09-20-2013, 10:42 AM

M.alex
09-20-2013, 04:39 PM
You know what the problem is and you didn't fix it yourself. Nice :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Darell_n
09-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
You know what the problem is and you didn't fix it yourself. Nice :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Company vehicle = not my problem. I fill up the gas and washer fluid, the rest is for the owner of the truck.

Tealc
09-20-2013, 09:06 PM
So....which GM shop in Calgary is the one to go to then???

Sugarphreak
09-20-2013, 10:16 PM

Hallowed_point
09-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Jack Carter sucks dong, they tried to charge me TWICE for the same diagnoses and apparently they don't understand the concept of a 12 month warranty on parts & service as printed on their invoices..never again..never again! :nut:

btimbit
09-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Jack Carter for sales, Southgate for service. Family has bought lots of GM's in town and this seems to be the best route