PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made Dress Shirts

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Hey guys,

Is there anywhere in Calgary that makes a good quality custom fit dress shirt?

I know there's a few threads about suits but I want to focus just on shirts.

Thoughts or experiences?

Not really looking for the online thing, that would be as a last resort......if you DO have a positive experince with online, I'll listen. The only one i'm aware of is Indochino and I have sure seen mixed reviews on here as to their suits. It seems to be the kind of place where it's great if you're not overly fussy.

I am overly fussy.

flipstah
04-12-2013, 09:14 AM
A local seamstress? Seems to be expensive. Why don't you go to Indochino?

Custom fit but their choice on materials is so-so. It's on par with an altered Mexx/BR shirt.

Oops, just read your edit. I'll wait for someone to chime in. I think Harry Rosen/Holt can do what your asking for.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
A local seamstress? Seems to be expensive. Why don't you go to Indochino?

Custom fit but their choice on materials is so-so. It's on par with an altered Mexx/BR shirt.

Oops, just read your edit. I'll wait for someone to chime in. I think Harry Rosen/Holt can do what your asking for.

It depends on what "expensive" is. I have a girl here who makes custom vests for me and they're only $120.00, she doesn't do shirts though and I'm not aware of anyone else locally that does....

You buy a decent shirt and it's $90-110 and half the time I don't like how they fit so it's another $20 to tailor it a bit. I figured if you can get something perfect for $140 or so, why not?

I'll consider Indochino if there's no better option.....

flipstah
04-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

It depends on what "expensive" is. I have a girl here who makes custom vests for me and they're only $120.00, she doesn't do shirts though and I'm not aware of anyone else locally that does....

You buy a decent shirt and it's $90-110 and half the time I don't like how they fit so it's another $20 to tailor it a bit. I figured if you can get something perfect for $140 or so, why not?

I'll consider Indochino if there's no better option.....

By 'expensive', I just naively assumed that Canadian labour costs would kill you. I think $140 for a tailored shirt with materials you personally picked AND felt is more than fair.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 09:38 AM
^

You may be right, a vest is much easier to make than a shirt. I have no idea what the true cost would be.

Perhaps that price point is only available from an online retailer. I want good fitting shirts with choice of colour/print but I'm not in the $300.00/shirt market either. I like nice fitting things but there's a point where it wouldn't be worth it and I'm better off still buying off the rack and tailoring. :)

cet
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I think there are a few around town that make shirts. Giovanni the Tailor Shop does, Henry's and Umberto maybe?. The problem is they are really expensive - Somewhere around $3-400 I think.

The other option is to wait for a travelling tailor. There are a few that come here such as MyTailor, Maxwell and Indochino.
I get mine from Mytailor. They usually vist 2 times a year and the process is pretty simple. They usually set up in a hotel room or an office downtown, you make an appointment and go in to get measured, tell them what you want in the shirt (ie. collar rise, french or barrel cuff, placket style etc.) and pick out the cloth you want. I think they have a min. order of 4 shirts anc can range from about $300 up for the 4 of them. They then send all your info to the factory in Hong Kong and you get your shirts 4-5 weeks later.

I've heard of a couple of guys that placed the order for 4 but got them to nly ship one out initially so they could cheeck the fit and make any adjustments. Once they were happy they had the other 3 shirts completed. My first set of shirts were a bit too big in the waist and a bit long in the arms, my second set are perfect.They also keep all your measurements on file so if you go to them again when they are here they can check to see how much your measurements have changed or you can go online and order new shirts without haveing to see them again.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 09:56 AM
^

Good info., thank you.

I do have access to a quality tailor here that can take all my measurements to provide to an Indochino or similar, it's the end quality that I am most concerned with. Would you end up with a product of equal quality to a typicall $100 off the rack shirt?

cet
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
In my opinion yes you would. The fabric quality is obviously going to depend on which fabric you choose. They have thousands of fabrics on their site - everything from $59 blends to $209 Thomas Mason Bespoke and $339 Monti 200's Super Luxury. The first batch I got I spent about $100/shirt, the last batch I wanted something that was more for everyday work wear and spent about $70/shirt. With both sets I wear them regularly and throw them in the wash att he end of the week. I've not had probelms with any of them. Plus - they fit much better than off the rack.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by cet
In my opinion yes you would. The fabric quality is obviously going to depend on which fabric you choose. They have thousands of fabrics on their site - everything from $59 blends to $209 Thomas Mason Bespoke and $339 Monti 200's Super Luxury. The first batch I got I spent about $100/shirt, the last batch I wanted something that was more for everyday work wear and spent about $70/shirt. With both sets I wear them regularly and throw them in the wash att he end of the week. I've not had probelms with any of them. Plus - they fit much better than off the rack.

Well maybe I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I really appreciate your input, thank you.

SkiBum5.0
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
I"ve been using Maxwell's Tailors for the past 5 years. Reasonable quality and the price is right at 3 shirts for $150 - plus duty = ~$190 for 3.

They have books of materials and patterns but I usually use them for white/grey/blue basic patterns, then spend a bit more for "louder" shirts at Henry Rosen, Holt's or O'Connors.

Super simple process with Maxwells and once they have your measurements you can order online.

flipstah
04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Keep us updated on your process, JRS!

woodywoodford
04-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Seems to me that if you want a good bespoke shirt, Giovanni or Henry are you only good local options. I've got some indochino shirts, and they were nice at first, but the material is incredibly cheap - I wouldn't even compare them to the BR shirts I generally wear. The color on the elbows is fading, they don't hold shape well after a wash, and the material is visibly cheap. You'd be better off finding quality shirts and even just getting giovanni to modify them for you, though that's not necessarily cheap either.

Indo - cheap and you can tell
Bespoke - expensive, but won't disappoint

max_boost
04-12-2013, 01:54 PM
How does the BR stuff fit for you? With all those 40% off coupons they e-mail out, it was worth it for me to just buy them and pay $15 for tailoring.

dirtysamwich
04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I've gotten a couple at Harry Rosen but it does tend to be on the expensive side. Not entirely sure if they do it on a regular basis or if it's just during the J.P. Tilford special time or whatever.

flipstah
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by woodywoodford
Indo - cheap and you can tell
Bespoke - expensive, but won't disappoint

:werd:

I got mine done in Asia so it was hella cheap and I picked the materials so it was all good. I love me French cuffs... :drool:

blitz
04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
I bought 2 shirts from Indochino and would never buy another.

Shirts from moderntailor are more expensive, but awesome quality. A decent selection of non-iron too.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
This is all great feeback, thanks everyone.

I also put this out on fbook and a local friend said that just last friday, one of his buddies had a bunch of people over for a custom suit/shirt fitting that he lines up once a year with some company. :banghead: He is going to give me their information as well and I will have a chance to see the finished product in person so it's not a total miss.

Regardless, I am getting great info. and when I decide which way to go I will be sure to update!

Any more relevant tips are much appreciated.

Mitsu3000gt
04-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I have 14 shirts from Indochino, and all of them are nicer than anything I have seen on the rack for $150 or less. Fit is perfect. I also have 4 pairs of pants and a suit from them, and I am equally satisfied.

I had one small issue with one shirt, and they let me keep the shirt, and gave me a voucher for another free shirt + a tie.

JRSC00LUDE
04-12-2013, 03:39 PM
^

This is part of my problem with Indochino, there are either glowing reviews or people hate it but no in between! If the people who hate it are as fussy as I am then I likely will too I suppose. :dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
04-12-2013, 03:50 PM
^

This is part of my problem with Indochino, there are either glowing reviews or people hate it but no in between! If the people who hate it are as fussy as I am then I likely will too I suppose. :dunno:

I am fussy about fit, which is why I turned to custom clothes in the first place, being that the price is the same or less than off the rack.

I would venture a guess than anyone who said the fit isn't good didn't measure properly. They just make what you tell them to, and that part can be a little daunting for someone who is just in a hurry to get their clothes.

Material is different shirt-to-shirt and some of it is thicker than others depending on the fabric. I've never felt it was too thin or cheap.

I suggest you do a discovery order - one shirt. Shipping is free, and if it doesn't fit they will pay to alter it or remake it for you. I had small alterations on my first order, which they paid for, then I adjusted my measurements accordingly and everything has been perfect since. That way you can make up your own mind.

flipstah
04-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I guess Indochino is a hit-and-miss.

Ordered one shirt and it'll be my last from them. I like the fit (perfect to my measurements) but the fabric felt too thin for me.

LOLzilla
04-12-2013, 04:50 PM
All of my dress shirts are from blanklabel.com

Been a customer since the start and haven't had an issue.

tobypaddock
04-12-2013, 05:47 PM
For a friends wedding last summer the entire group of groomsmen used Maxwell for shirts. They looked great on everyone, but they messed mine up bad - the arms were good but i had to get over 5 inches removed from the body of the shirt, even though i told them i wanted it to be a very slim cut. I wouldnt use them again based on this.

msommers
04-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by blitz
I bought 2 shirts from Indochino and would never buy another.

Shirts from moderntailor are more expensive, but awesome quality. A decent selection of non-iron too.

What was the turnout time from these guys? Seems like the higher thread counts are ~$80-100/shirt which is what I think I last paid for a shirt off the rack.

blitz
04-12-2013, 06:54 PM
My Indochino suits have been great, but I don't like the quality of fabric for the shirts. Part of my problem with them is they don't give you an indication of the weight of the cloth or any of the details that other sites do.

ercchry
04-12-2013, 07:35 PM
last time i picked up the business section of the herald they had a spotlight on some local company that has opened locations worldwide... basically tailors that will travel to your office or home to fit you. the name is escaping me currently though

...and i found it! damn im good at interneting

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/come+tailor+service/8111347/story.html

89coupe
04-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Im just going through the process of getting a full custom suit through Harry Rosen, the quality and service is top notch.

A custom shirt is $229.00 this includes fabric choice, monograms, cuff style, button style, collar style, and of course all custom measurements.

Str1der
04-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Avoid Maxwell's. Especially for suits.

JRSC00LUDE
04-13-2013, 10:38 AM
https://ephapparel.com/

These are the guys that my local friends used, I'll see their quality in three weeks.

Coupe, I trust your opinion on that. What's a suit worth roughly? I have spent up to $1000 on suits before, it's always been worth it. I don't have any issues spending those dollars on a great shirt with a suit for less regular use but I don't want to spend that much on daily use shirts because I want 5 or 6.

Over 140-150 is getting out of my wallets comfort zone for daily wear.

89coupe
04-13-2013, 11:51 AM
https://ephapparel.com/

These are the guys that my local friends used, I'll see their quality in three weeks.

Coupe, I trust your opinion on that. What's a suit worth roughly? I have spent up to $1000 on suits before, it's always been worth it. I don't have any issues spending those dollars on a great shirt with a suit for less regular use but I don't want to spend that much on daily use shirts because I want 5 or 6.

Over 140-150 is getting out of my wallets comfort zone for daily wear.

A custom 3 piece suit with shirt was $1699.00

JRSC00LUDE
04-13-2013, 01:12 PM
^

Well that's a bit steep for me right now, trying to buy another property this summer. I'll keep it in the files though for the future, thanks for the feedback.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2014, 03:54 PM
I'll bump up this old thread. This is back on my radar. Looking at a change of jobs and would need to upgrade my wardrobe. One of my possibilities would even require ***gasp*** a suit. That would be a big change for me since I've been wearing mostly golf shirts for about a decade.

J.M.
08-05-2014, 04:07 PM
I've used Indochino in the past, they were alright but I hated the wait time. Probably wouldn't use them again.

Modern Tailor was pretty good and I think the shirts usually showed up within a week or 2 weeks at the most. You can do a trial shirt ($9.95 or $20 IIRC) with them which is pretty cool so you can make adjustments to your next order for the more pricey fabrics.

Weapon_R
08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Ownonly might be worth a look? The shirts on the site look great but the site is horrible.

know1edge
08-05-2014, 06:52 PM

ExtraSlow
08-05-2014, 07:08 PM
any recent updates on jaffar here in town? I really like to feel a fabric before I buy it.

Sugarphreak
08-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I've still be rocking Indochino stuff, I stock up when they have sales or 3for2 deals, which seem to be almost permanent now. Quality of the fabric varies, but nothing is garbage.

I now have about 15 shirts, 2 suits, and 5 pairs of pants from them. The odd thing isn't perfect but overall I'm happy and it still fits way better than off the rack.

Most importantly, the suits, have been completely flawless in fit and quality, which was nice to not have to send back for a re-do.

Dertz
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Duchamp's are nice but then you have to get them tailored.

Eton is awesome but pricey. Harry's DT has the area where you can build your shirt, 3 months to get it in though.
The Etons have great fabrics that never need to dry cleaned. Dry cleaning ruins the integrity of the fabric which also removes wrinkles with body heat!
Real smart.

Those 2 brands are my favorite for off the rack and tailored.

Best advice I can offer

gqmw
08-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I was in a pinch for some shirts (I keep getting tears in my sleeves somehow) and at 200~300$ a shirt it is really starting to add up. I used to go to Harry Rosen, but their tailoring has gone so far downhill over the years, the last time I was in there was an utter fiasco. My go-to place now has been Thomas Geoffrey, nice European shirts and excellent tailoring services.

So I decided to grab some cheaper shirts from Moores to hold me over, and I was surprised that they actually have some not bad slim fit shirts. I normally get my shirts tailored, but I was finding quite a lot that fit right after being unpinned. Plus they had a 2 for 1 sale going, so I ended up with 6 shirts for 260$ :eek:

Scoff all you want about the fact they are from Moores, because they are all pretty nice shirts.

I agree with you, got an awesome deal on shirts at Moores for like $50 each and they're slim fit, non-iron and they fit great. Quality is decent too.

ExtraSlow
01-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Thought I'd post up my experience with Maxwell. I ordered four shirts in November, and got them in about two weeks ago. I think they advertise 10-12 weeks delivery, but mine was slightly faster.
I've been wearing them a bit, and I'm happy with the fit. Some have mentioned that the fabrics were very thin, but these feel about the same as the stuff I've been buying off the rack. maybe a touch thinner, but nothing outrageous.

I really like the customization options. I much prefer button-down collars, and I have a big neck and shoulders.
Costs are reasonable. I got three of the $65 fabric, and one in $55. Shipping duty etc was a flat $12/shirt.
So an average of $75 a shirt, and they fit.

b_t
01-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Another vote for Maxwell here, good shirts. If you order out of one of the premium books they are great.. they wear just as well as my store bought stuff and it's worth it for the fit cuz I can't get anything off a rack that fits properly. Mine were 12 week delivery.

secol
01-29-2015, 04:37 PM
trying peter parvez groupon, stacked with another 15% off. ends up being 3 shirts, $40 per shirt.

ExtraSlow
05-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Maxwell is at the downtown westin this week. I just ordered four more shirts. Went with one level up on the fabric quality this time, so they'll be ten bucks more. Still really happy with the previous shirts, and I've been wearing them quite often.

prodigydud
05-22-2015, 03:46 PM
I ordered some shirts from Maxwell this week. Prices have increased since I last ordered a year or so ago. It now costs me $180 for three shirts plus duties (~$12 per shirt). At ~$75 a shirt, are there any other alternatives?

flipstah
05-22-2015, 03:50 PM
If the quality is there, $75 isn't that expensive.

Indochino is cheap but fuck, you get what you paid for. :banghead:

realazy
05-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Any non-iron offerings that would compare to off the rack non-iron shirts? Indochino non-iron shirts suck, they are super thin.

Banana Republic non-iron shirts feel really nice, not thin, and actually non-iron out of the wash. Anything custom that compares?

ExtraSlow
05-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Honestly, the best non-iron fabric I've ever had was on some shirts from Sears.
Haven't tried the "less wrinkle" stuff from maxwell. I just get my shirts dry cleaned more often and the wrinkles stay in check pretty well.

K3RMiTdot
06-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Anyone have any feedback on EPH apparel?

NoMoreG35
06-08-2015, 10:09 PM
I have suits and shirts from BMV bespoke. Not bad for the fit IMO.

K3RMiTdot
06-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35
I have suits and shirts from BMV bespoke. Not bad for the fit IMO.

I have one from them as well. Its kind of MEH to me, I didn't complain since it was free...

realazy
06-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

I just received my remade suit yesterday.

The process took a while, but definitely A+ on customer service.

I went to one of their fittings a few months ago, got measured up and picked the fabric and customizations. It was a relatively smooth process, and they have WAY more fabric choices in person than online.

When I got the suit and shirt the first time, I was very disappointed by the fit as it was much looser than what I would expect from a custom suit. I quickly sent an email back with pictures and they quickly offered suggestions and even RMA'd the suit back to their Winnipeg office to do the alterations as I was quite unhappy with the overall fit.

When the altered suit and shirt came back, the chest on the shirt was a bit tight, probably my bad for measuring too tight for the alteration. The suit jacket fit nice but was obviously altered as I had them take in 2" on the stomach so it looked "pulled back". The pants fit great after the alteration.

I sent an email back again and they offered to remake the shirt and the jacket with the new measurements. The final product arrived yesterday and it fits great. I'm waiting for a RMA label to ship the old jacket and shirt back to them and that's it.

I'd order from them again as they've proven that they can make the products from the adjusted measurements, it should be smooth the next time around.

triplep
06-10-2015, 11:23 AM
The guys at my office use Peter Parvez.

I just ordered a set of 3 shirts, it was nice being able to look through the fabrics and pick out my colors, plus you get measured. We will see how they turn out.

They also do Suits and pants (so you can get a Suit and an extra pair of pants).

They have deals every know and then 180$ for 3 shirts, I upgraded the fabric so I ended up paying $200 for three shirts.

gqmw
06-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by triplep
The guys at my office use Peter Parvez.

I just ordered a set of 3 shirts, it was nice being able to look through the fabrics and pick out my colors, plus you get measured. We will see how they turn out.

They also do Suits and pants (so you can get a Suit and an extra pair of pants).

They have deals every know and then 180$ for 3 shirts, I upgraded the fabric so I ended up paying $200 for three shirts.

I have used them before, they measured me poorly the first time around, was really wide on the stomach and really wide on the arms. Then they altered it by throwing darts in but it was pretty tight after. Just doesn't fit the best and the quality is mediore, I will not be going back

R-Audi
06-10-2015, 04:00 PM
I get the majority of my shirts from the Bay... try on a bunch and wait for a sale. I typically get mine for 40-50% off and I think they fit great. I havent paid over $50 yet.

schurchill39
06-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
I had 5 shirts made by them and was extremely disappointed. Although the gentleman taking the measurements was really knowledgeable all of the shirts came back with a different fit. Some of them were to short, others fit like I had a Santa Clause belly, the chest and arms were too tight on another and 1 of the 5 I can't even wear because its so poorly made.

I was told the shirts would be delivered in 4 weeks and it took a couple of days over 8 weeks.

I also found that the quality of fabric was vastly different among patterns that were supposedly in the same category.

They were willing to compensate me with a $50 gift card for my wait time and frustration with their fits but I will definitely not be ordering anything from there again even though their prices are excellent.

Half my office uses Maxwell for their shirts (even 1 or 2 women) and they are all very happy with them. I will be going that route next time.

Originally posted by realazy

I just received my remade suit yesterday.

The process took a while, but definitely A+ on customer service.

I went to one of their fittings a few months ago, got measured up and picked the fabric and customizations. It was a relatively smooth process, and they have WAY more fabric choices in person than online.

When I got the suit and shirt the first time, I was very disappointed by the fit as it was much looser than what I would expect from a custom suit. I quickly sent an email back with pictures and they quickly offered suggestions and even RMA'd the suit back to their Winnipeg office to do the alterations as I was quite unhappy with the overall fit.

When the altered suit and shirt came back, the chest on the shirt was a bit tight, probably my bad for measuring too tight for the alteration. The suit jacket fit nice but was obviously altered as I had them take in 2" on the stomach so it looked "pulled back". The pants fit great after the alteration.

I sent an email back again and they offered to remake the shirt and the jacket with the new measurements. The final product arrived yesterday and it fits great. I'm waiting for a RMA label to ship the old jacket and shirt back to them and that's it.

I'd order from them again as they've proven that they can make the products from the adjusted measurements, it should be smooth the next time around.

You are a lot more patient than I am with mailing things back and forth. I guess they also have some program where they will reimburse you reasonable costs for alterations done locally.

birdman86
06-10-2015, 07:16 PM
^^ Can confirm Maxwell's is the shit. Only thing is, don't wear one of their shirts in or they won't re-measure you properly. I wore an old, stretched out Maxwell shirt in that barely fit (what can I say, I drank a lot of beer) and he knew it was one of theirs so he's like "oh same measurements as last time?" and I'm like "oh hell no I gained weight" and then he says "no, shirt fits good" and I'm like "no it doesn't" and he kind of mumbles and goes through the motion of taking all the measurements. 6 weeks later I get a box with 9 shirts, all of which are way too small :whipped:

But the shirts are so good I'll still go back. Just not in one of their shirts.

Manhattan
06-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Used Peter Parvez with a groupon and an additional 20% off - $100 for three shirts. Fit is decent although the arms a just bit wide but length is perfect and so comfy. Can't beat custom fitted shirts for $30.

Dycker
07-15-2015, 10:27 AM
I use Ravi and Paul with Ital Bespoke. Similar setup and prices as Maxwell, top notch customer service.

They used to work for Hi-Mark Tailoring, but have started their own shop.

www.italbespoke.com

Disoblige
07-15-2015, 10:44 AM
I would recommend do NOT purchase from Eph Apparel expecting decent quality for the price. Even for a suit that costs $530 (this is w/ group promo discounts too), you could get better fitting and quality suits for much less. I had a suit remade from Eph Apparel after they screwed it up royally (I went back to Eph when they were back in Calgary and had one of their tailors personally refit me and they acknowledged how poorly the suit fit), and even after the suit remake, the suit was still loose fitting and my sleeve too short. Worse is that the buttons were almost falling apart and were extremely scuffed from the shipping, or it was already scuffed from the Chinese factory that it was shipped from.

Initially, I thought the customer service was great for the first remake. I tried to contact them again after receiving the second suit, as their guarantee is that if the remake is not acceptable, they would offer a refund. When I inquired, there has been no reply for over a month now, after repeatedly trying to e-mail or phone them. My last resort is to file a credit card charge back on them, and I will also provide a letter from another tailor that states this suit not only does not fit me, but the quality is so terrible, it is no where near the value of what I paid.

Lesson learned, you get what you pay for of course. But Eph Apparel, you totally do not get what you pay for, and what seemed like good customer service at first ended up being one of the worst later. It's pretty clear they're just ignoring me at this point.

Seriously, don't be sucked in by their good first impressions because really you're just paying for a shitty poorly made suit in China, where other places in China/India could be done way cheaper and much, much better.

The quality issue is not just with me. My friends also have had fitment and quality issues, so it's not like it's only me. Read the reviews online and you will see lots of mixed reviews, so I would not take your chances.

Still waiting for a reply from Eph Apparel if they are decent enough to respond back. I don't have high hopes. :thumbsdow

realazy
07-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Wow that sucks, I found their workers to be quite noob at the fittings.

When I did the remake, I measured the amount I wanted to take off of the first suit. I complained to them about the "relative" measurements and they didn't really comment on it.

For example, on my profile, I had to say my biceps are 12" so they would make the sleeves smaller, even though the actual measurement of my bicep was 14.5". The entire profile was like that.

I had no issues dealing with Lauren, but I did go above and beyond what a normal customer would go through. The final product turned out good for me, but I think I'm the exception because of how detailed I was.

Hope you get your refund.

Disoblige
07-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks.

I had no issues dealing with Lauren either until after the second suit was shipped. When I looked at it and found the flaws and fitment issues yet again, she didn't even have the courtesy to reply. Goes to show how much they back up their "guarantee".

Well, I waited a month and really didn't want to make a big stink about it. But Eph gave me no choice from their terrible customer service so I don't feel bad about being public about this now.

killramos
07-15-2015, 02:25 PM
So is what i am hearing you can go to a tailor in town and pay $$$ to get something great or you go online and hope you roll snake eyes to get something that fits?

Sounds like with all the bad results from online that you might as well just buy off the rack from Banana and know what you are getting?

I was at HR today getting final alterations done to my Made to Measure and it turned out great! They ( not harry but the manufacturer ) did fuck up and not put my custom suit liner in though. I'm keeping the suit through to my wedding and they will send it back to be fixed after that since there isn't time to make it work for the wedding.

I was fitted for a few made to measure shirts through them but just couldn't stomach the cost. I will deal with a bit of extra fabric rather than pay 500 bucks a shirt...:barf: I have suits that cost less than that haha.

bjstare
07-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Do you guys never travel to the US? Go to a Sak's off 5th or Nordstrom Rack and get an actual designer suit (last season's) there for cheap ($400-$600) and just have it altered if need be. You wind up with a nicer product, less headache, same money. :dunno:

killramos
07-15-2015, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
Do you guys never travel to the US? Go to a Sak's off 5th or Nordstrom Rack and get an actual designer suit (last season's) there for cheap ($400-$600) and just have it altered if need be. You wind up with a nicer product, less headache, same money. :dunno:

I buy alot of work clothes when i am in Phoenix. Never thought about buying a suit there though.

know1edge
07-15-2015, 05:30 PM