PDA

View Full Version : In Transit Registration Question

Cash Money Hoes
04-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I am buying a vehicle in Manitoba and plan to drive it back to Calgary where I reside.

I know I need an 'In Transit' registration document but I would like to know if this is something that is issued by the Province in which the vehicle is currently registered (Manitoba) or by the Province in which I am a resident (Alberta).

The problem I have run into is this:

If I need to get the In Transit registration from an Alberta registry, in order to get the Registration, the website says I need insurance (no problem) and I need a bill of sale (problem, don't have this yet).

The problem lies in the fact that I have made the purchase of the vehicle subject to me viewing it in person , therefore I have not transfered funds nor do I have a bill of sale.

When I get to Manitoba and I presumably consumate the purchase, I will then have a bill of sale but I will not have access to an alberta registery (as rather than making 2 trips, I would like to drive the car back).

Has anyone been in this sort of situation before? What did you do? Can you get an In Transit Registration certificate as an Albertan from a Manitoba registry?

Thanks

95EagleAWD
04-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Get one in Manitoba.