PDA

View Full Version : Anybody deal with Kwiksilver wheel repair?

Graham_A_M
04-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey guys, after a quick beyond search, I found both Alloy wheel repair, and Alberta wheel repair. I know both are good, with Alberta being the better of the two, but while looking up Alberta's number on google, these guys came up first.

http://www.kwicksilver.ca/contactus.html

Anybody deal with them at all? any reviews? I've never heard of them before, so I just wanted to check here first. I just need some light curb scraping fixed.

03ozwhip
04-13-2013, 11:50 AM
i havent dealt with them yet, but have emailed them a few times with rapid responses and good prices. they are mobile, but for me they wont do it because im out in strathmore, which is fair.

anyways, i need to bite the bullet on someone and was leaning towards these guys based on a couple of reviews i found in other places.

muffzz
04-13-2013, 01:59 PM
I did last week. Joe from kwicksilver does an amazing job. Had all 4 of my wheels paint removed and then repainted again. I gave them on Tuesday and Picked them up wednesday evening. I would def be going to him in the future. Also he charges very reasonably. $100 per tire to repaint/paint and $60 to just remove paint.

p.s: he also removed all the scratches from my rims in that 100.

Graham_A_M
04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
^ Jesus... Alright I'll give them a shout for sure.

03ozwhip
04-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by muffzz
I did last week. Joe from kwicksilver does an amazing job. Had all 4 of my wheels paint removed and then repainted again. I gave them on Tuesday and Picked them up wednesday evening. I would def be going to him in the future. Also he charges very reasonably. $100 per tire to repaint/paint and $60 to just remove paint.

p.s: he also removed all the scratches from my rims in that 100.

that just made my decision final. gonna go see him this coming week. thanks.

muffzz
04-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

that just made my decision final. gonna go see him this coming week. thanks.

you won't regret it bro. he's a really nice guy too. you can call him to meet him close to your place, like any dealerships (since he works for some dealerships too).

Graham_A_M
04-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah their reviews look pretty stellar.
https://plus.google.com/107153134421188089518/about?hl=en

Im just waiting for a call back now. :thumbsup:

03ozwhip
04-15-2013, 02:55 PM
dropped my wheel off with him today, could have gotten it back today too he said, but im busy and it will be tomorrow. ill throw a quick review together tomorrow.

SportEL
04-15-2013, 05:30 PM
I e-mailed him before but never got a reply back. But if other people had great experience with him, I will treat it as an anomaly

03ozwhip
04-15-2013, 05:48 PM
i went months without emailing him back just due to my schedule and when i finally did, same night i got a reply back, everytime. today when i had to meet him, he didnt answer any of my calls, but the guy is in a loud trailer and couldnt hear the phone, only a few minutes went by after i left a voicemail that i got a call back.

so far, nothing but good things to say about the guy.

Graham_A_M
04-15-2013, 07:10 PM
SportEL, when I was talking with him today, he says this week is an absolute gong show with dealerships, perhaps try calling or texting him.

He quoted me $100 to fix the curb scrapes on my buick rim, so thats awesome. He's going to drop by my place to fix them too since he's so busy with dealerships that he cant do it otherwise.

Seems like a great guy!

muffzz
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
SportEL, when I was talking with him today, he says this week is an absolute gong show with dealerships, perhaps try calling or texting him.

He quoted me $100 to fix the curb scrapes on my buick rim, so thats awesome. He's going to drop by my place to fix them too since he's so busy with dealerships that he cant do it otherwise.

Seems like a great guy!

told ya! I was going to go to AWR but I'm SO GLAD I ended up going to him. You seriously can't beat this price! and when he's done with your wheels it's brand brand new..you can't even tell that it's been worked on

03ozwhip
04-17-2013, 11:58 AM
So I dropped my wheel off with Joe at country hills toyota on monday morning. We looked over the wheel and looking at it we only thought it had a minor bend but it was a little worse than he thought, so I was to pick it up on tuesday.

Monday night rolls around and I get a message from Joe telling me that it is way worse than we both originally thought after he took the tire off, the whole back barrel was bent and some places worse which was the one visible to me and a couple more bends.

He was saying he worked 4 hours on it and couldn't get it straight and that it may be unfixable but would try another few hours tuesday. so I call him tuesday afternoon and low and behold, he got it straightened out and balanced, so I said I'd pick up the wheel today.

Called him this morning and I was to meet him back at country hills toyota, so I got up there and the wheel was sitting there waiting for me.

He told me it was a total of 8 hours to do this, so I asked if he wanted more $$ for the amount of labor it took, since he didn't make anything off of fixing the wheel and he said no, the original quote was $100 and he hasn't done a wheel this bad and that it was a good challenge.

So all in all, great guy to deal with, the wheel looks damn near perfect and is balanced perfectly, eagerly awaiting better weather so I can throw them on!

Highly recommend Joe at Kwiksilver.

hurrdurr
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Good Review, will consider in future