PDA

View Full Version : recovered: 2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan (Silver) - Lic.# BDZ-7116

H4LFY2nR
04-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone,

So last night my sister in-law's car was stolen in the Brentwood/Charleswood area, right across from the University C-Train station pedestrian bridge (north side). It's a silver 2011 G37x, license plate #####. It's completely stock with fog lights and no spoiler. The wheels are the same as the image below. It has/had a grey, rear facing child's car seat in the back.

If you see this car or have any info that could help, please call the police, or PM, call, or text me (#####). Thanks for any help!

http://images4.fyiauto.com/3182013-9/23625424-1.jpg

Squishy
04-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Was it really stolen or did she leave it running?

max_boost
04-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Or did she forget where it was parked? Seriously lol

H4LFY2nR
04-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes it was running, on the driveway, while she went back inside to grab her son. It doesn't change the fact that it was stolen. It's a push button start, so it can't be restarted, so I'm hoping its parked somewhere.

mboldt
04-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Squishy
Was it really stolen or did she leave it running?

What would you call it if it was left running & it wasn't "really stolen"? lol borrowed? I am confused. :dunno:

At least her child wasn't in the vehicle when it happened. I wonder how many times she's left it running in that same type of situation with the kid in the seat to run back inside... Scary thought.

I'll keep any eye out though.

altecer
04-14-2013, 09:21 AM
That sucks...and it was stolen about 3 blocks from my house...also my Merc C63 Will constantly yell saying "key not detected" but will keep driving.

Kolbatron
04-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I always thought that the cars would shut off or only drive so far without the FOB being a certain distance from the vehicle? Sorry to hear about her car though!

revelations
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Chances are good it will be found within a couple of weeks, cleaned out of ipods etc. though.

speedog
04-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Chances are good it will be found within a couple of weeks, cleaned out of ipods etc. though.
Or it could be driven where ever, hidden away to be sold for parts.

JustinMCS
04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by H4LFY2nR
Yes it was running, on the driveway, while she went back inside to grab her son. It doesn't change the fact that it was stolen. It's a push button start, so it can't be restarted, so I'm hoping its parked somewhere.

Negligence! Not that it makes it ok to steal it, but why the eff do people leave cars running and unlocked?

I have the comfort access on my car and I can keep it running and take the key with me and lock the car. Can you not do that with Infiniti?

I saw someone try and open my car door once when it was running. Stupid people.

H4LFY2nR
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes you can lock Infinitis using the key fob while it's running. It was obviously a lapse in judgement to leave it unattended, but I'm sure most of us have done this at least once when you ran back inside to grab something.

Anyways...thanks for the help everyone, mods can unsticky

The vehicle was found today, but I'm not sure where yet. The car itself is unscathed but it was cleaned out of their stuff (ipod, change, sunglasses, suits and shoes from the funeral they were at earlier in the day, etc). The fucktards even stole the baby seat and tote bag...

The weirdest part is that the perp(s) left a 30 lb bag of meat in the trunk. Hopefully it's useful evidence lol :dunno:

NoMoreG35
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Maybe he/she/they traded the meat for the iPod, suits, etc. :dunno:

revelations
04-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Or it could be driven where ever, hidden away to be sold for parts.

Usually with car thieves there are two varieties : the pros and the opprotunists.

The pros will target a vehicle specifically to steal (and then part it out) while opportunists will take the easy road.

03ozwhip
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM
they probably used the car to rob and carry shit that they stole. they probably left the meat in the car because they stole it and couldnt sell it.

good thing the car was found though, probably best to take that meat out of the car asap though lol

toastgremlin
04-16-2013, 10:43 PM
At least it probably won't be hard for the cops to figure out who's missing a 30lb bag of meat.

YCB
04-17-2013, 01:20 AM
lol, reminded me of this.

http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/327399.jpg