PDA

View Full Version : Great Pub in the SW!!!

C_Dave45
04-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Stumbled upon this little pub in Woodbine doing a job in the area. Three Crowns Pub (http://threecrownspub.com/). The food is just amazing!!! So far I've had three different meals and all three were better than anywhere in Calgary.
Philly: At a lot of pubs this will be a nice juicy, gooey, steak sandwhich, but just not much taste. Like you have to cover it with salt or something. Not here...Was amazing!! Chicken or Steak.
Burgers: excellent!!! Gravy; excellent!!
Wife and my son joined me for lunch and he had a Pizza. Big deal, pub pizza, right? OMG!!! Forget ordering delivery pizza, I'm driving over to this place and ordering take out from here. These Pizzas are delicious!!!!!

Lots of good beers on tap too.
The waitresses are super friendly, lots of TV's, VLT's.....If you're in the SW you have to check it out.

I've heard their soups are amazing, so that's next on the agenda!!

Aleks
04-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Ever since they renovated (I think new owners too), it's much better in there. Used to go a lot in the years past.

RX_EVOLV
04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Nice. Will definitely go check it out.

Graham_A_M
04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Cool, where in the SW? how are the prices for beer & food?

sneek
04-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

#20 523 Woodpark Boulevard S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2W 4J3

C_Dave45
04-14-2013, 10:50 AM

Right on Woodpark Blvd, off Anderson Rd.

http://goo.gl/maps/reR4j

Prices seem fair. $5.50 for a bottle of Keiths.

As for food, I picked up Pizza and Wings last night for $27 and the wife and I didn't even finish it all.
Burger was around $12.
Philly was $13 I think?
They have specials every day plus breakfasts on the weekends.

On Tap:

Domestic

- Canadian – Coors Light – Rickards Red – Kokanee Gold -

Premium

- Alexander Keiths – Original 16 – Rolling Rock -

Import

- Guinness – Strongbow – Newcastle – Boddingtons – Stella Artois -

Graham_A_M
04-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by sneek

#20 523 Woodpark Boulevard S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2W 4J3
Holy shit, thats two blocks from my bro's house. Thanks so much guys, I cant wait to stop by the second this winter wonderland is gone. :nut:

Darkane
04-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Yep I lived there when it was union jacks lol.

And omega before that.

And woodpark family rest. Before that.

Tik-Tok
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM

Holy shit, thats two blocks from my bro's house. Thanks so much guys, I cant wait to stop by the second this winter wonderland is gone. :nut:

2 blocks from my friends house too.... you aren't from Croatia are you, lol?

cam_wmh
04-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Yep epic English pub. Great footballing family friend owns it.

Graham_A_M
04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

2 blocks from my friends house too.... you aren't from Croatia are you, lol?
lol no, born & bred here. Grand parents are from Poland & France though. :rofl:

vengie
04-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Stay away from the Dartboards! ;)
Haha wicked pub, a few blocks from my house. My dad and I play darts there every odd Saturday night.

ercchry
04-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Yup, they do their pizza dough in house too. Used to walk over when we lived in the area

dirtsniffer
04-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Yep I lived there when it was union jacks lol.

And omega before that.

And woodpark family rest. Before that.

Haha. That goes a long time back. Too far for me to remember. I haven't gone since the last change but I do remember awesome pizza.

Darkane
04-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Haha. That goes a long time back. Too far for me to remember. I haven't gone since the last change but I do remember awesome pizza.

Yes. Always great pizza.

Mitsu3000gt
04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
I grew up in Woodbine - nice to know that place got better. I think the last time I was there it was Union Jacks, which sucked at the time. I'll have to try this new place out.

Marsh
04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I grew up in Woodbine - nice to know that place got better. I think the last time I was there it was Union Jacks, which sucked at the time. I'll have to try this new place out.

Same here, but in Woodlands. I;ll definitely have to swing by there next time im in the area.

I still remember as a kid, the windows used to be tinted up to 6 feet high so I could never look in lol

Tomaz
04-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I lived there when it did it's transformation from Union Jacks to Three Crowns. Wasn't overly impressed with either of them, but it was a drunken stumble to the apartment buildings across the way, so I didn't care.

I might go down memory lane and check it out again sometime soon!