PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - worth the additional $$$?

Pages : [1] 2

A790
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
I've been comparing a 2013 GT to a 2013 Boss 302 and I'm trying to decide of the Boss 302 is worth the extra $13k (with options and taxes it comes to 54k compared to the GT's $41.7k (California Special w/ nav).

Looking at how I intend to drive the car I know I won't be road racing, and it will probably never see a track. I intend to have it as a summer car. I'm sure I'll take it on some nice drives, but I haven't been to a track since 2008 and I don't see that changing anytime soon...

So, is there really a point in getting a Boss 302 compared to a "regular" GT w/ some options (and saving $13k in the process)?

spikerS
04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
ask Baygirl. LOL! She wants a 302 pretty badly.

Redlined_8000
04-14-2013, 01:06 PM
In my opinion I would say no. 5.0 GT is a hell of a car for the price. The boss 302 has 24 more hp, better seats, track friendly suspension.... I dont think its worth the extra $13k though. My friend in Fort Mac has a Boss 302 and that car is awesome however.

Here is a recent video for you as well.
348NdBDCXN0

GL on your decision!

Cos
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM

A790
04-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Yea that seems to be the consensus in what I read: the 302 is an exceptional track car. I'm starting to lean toward the "plain jane" GT w/ California Special package.

Shlade
04-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Get the GT with the Brembo package.

Add boss 302 grille, lip, lower it.

Toss some boost, exhaust, and rest for a dyno tune. You're under that extra 13k price range and have a 500+hp car

ercchry
04-14-2013, 03:15 PM
get a fully loaded 2011 GT... for $25k (yes, they have dropped to that range used)

then buy the entire american muscle catalog :burnout:

heavyD
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
If you track it's a no-brainer. The Boss 302 outperforms the BMW M3 in nearly every performance metric. However you can get a GT with the track pack and pretty well match an M3 so I you aren't tracking I suggest a GT with the track pack. Don't waste money on the CS (domestic rice) option which is nothing but fake scoops and minor trim changes. After a month you will regret the standard GT suspension which is way too soft and bouncy. The track pack feels tighter and still rides decent on the street as well you get nice additions from the Boss like the upgraded radiator and oil cooler. If you aren't a fat person I highly suggest the Recaro option as well as regular/premium mustang seats are worse than the seats in 90% of cars out there as they offer zero lateral support. They are made for the typical 50 year old fat man that buys a Mustang just to cruise around in.

heavyD
04-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
get a fully loaded 2011 GT... for $25k (yes, they have dropped to that range used)

I wouldn't recommend a 2011. Too many transmission, front LCA, and engine tick issues.

ercchry
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
uh... right, do you have any literature on any changes to those areas of the car beyond 2011?

the transmission stuff was blown well out of proportion. besides from you i have yet to heard of any LCA issues... and since i said buy the entire catalog of am parts... those would be replaced. engine tick would probably be for the 20w factory fill oil they had recommended till late 2011... which there was a notice for to NOT use... which would probably fix it with the next oil change

Twenty
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Tough call. Being a Mustang nut I'd be tempted to get the rarer Boss though. I've seen them at very 'affordable' prices though, never one as high as $54K personally.

heavyD
04-14-2013, 03:45 PM
uh... right, do you have any literature on any changes to those areas of the car beyond 2011?

the transmission stuff was blown well out of proportion. besides from you i have yet to heard of any LCA issues... and since i said buy the entire catalog of am parts... those would be replaced. engine tick would probably be for the 20w factory fill oil they had recommended till late 2011... which there was a notice for to NOT use... which would probably fix it with the next oil change

Lots of changes were made in late 2011 early 2012 cars especially with the transmission. My 2012 (April 2012 build) just missed the coated gears that were added in August 2011+ builds.

Here is 68 pages of people getting their LCA's changed out. Some multiple times. 2011's had Rev. A, 2012 (my car) was on Rev B, 2013 Rev. C (still having issues if you care to read). Hopefully soon a proper fix is in order.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/290992-2012-mustang-creaking-suspension-normal-68.html

Engine tick (nothing to do with oil viscosity) is partially due to the piston oil squirters that were used in 2011-2012 engines. 2013 Ford removed them in 2013 and used coated pistons. Again plenty of reading below if you care to educate yourself;

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/257749-poll-does-your-2011-5-0-have-tick-between-800-2000-rpm-after-fully-warmed-up-40.html

I owned a 2012 and I had a lot of those issues. They are very real and lots of owners have had them which is why I recommend 2013+ models.

ercchry
04-14-2013, 03:50 PM
i still fail to see the $20k+ value in getting a 2013... aftermarket LCA are cheap, cars come with 5 year 100k km drivetrain warranty. Cam doesnt hold cars longer than a year :dunno:

heavyD
04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
i still fail to see the $20k+ value in getting a 2013... aftermarket LCA are cheap, cars come with 5 year 100k km drivetrain warranty. Cam doesnt hold cars longer than a year :dunno:

Actually aftermarket front LCA's are $$$ for these cars and most of them are for race applications. Biggest problem is that owners with issues don't really have any options.

Also because a lot of 2011 especially and some 2012 are pieces of shit. I don't have an axe to grind with Ford. I'm all about giving people a heads up of what they are getting into. If it's a short term then yes but chances are people getting rid of their 2011/2012 will be like me trying to unload a problematic car. I couldn't even find a Ford dealer that would take mine off my hands because they would have so many used ones already on the lot. It's why I suggest the track pack on a new car as you will sell your car privately much faster as they are rare and regular GT's are a dime a dozen.

A790
04-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Cam doesnt hold cars longer than a year :dunno:
Not true! I usually don't even hold them THAT long ;)

I'm pretty set on a white 2013 GT right now. Now it's just a question of finding one at the right price for the right time.

Alak
04-15-2013, 12:28 AM
I've considered the same arguement, OP, between the two cars. For the Money, the GT is a better buy. I think you get more options and comfort. The Boss interior felt a little lackluster. You can pick up the extra performance with bolt ons when you are ready.

However, myself, since I intend to buy the car and drive the shit out of it (because thats what you do with sports cars, within reason), I intend to pick up a boss. I thoroughly drove both of them and I favored the boss because its more of what I like, and I intend to track the car. I felt that I didnt want to buy bolt ons to make the car better. I just wanted to buy a car that was 'already done' and not have to bother with modifications. The track key is a neat feature, as well as the sidepipes (Quad Exhaust). The car also isnt just a pumped up GT. The list is too long and probably boring to talk about, but to give you an example the engine was built with racing in mind so it has stronger parts and more/better balance.

I was down at advantage about a week ago and they had a used Boss 302 for 45k out the door. Unfortunately, somebody bought it pretty much the second I decided I didnt like the colour. Its funny pretty much every ford dealer I goto has 2 - 3 Boss 302 cars, and NO GT's.

fiveowed
04-15-2013, 12:52 AM
same money will get you a couple years old gt500

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2011-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Save-20K-Off-a-New-One-W0QQAdIdZ408884759

Alak
04-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by fiveowed
same money will get you a couple years old gt500

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2011-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Save-20K-Off-a-New-One-W0QQAdIdZ408884759

Very true and good spot. I do believe I saw a new 662HP GT500 for sale used at one of the ford dealers for not alot of money.

calgary350z
04-15-2013, 06:07 AM
here is a list of differences i took from an argument on a Boss forum I am part of.

I went thru the same thing when buying mine. The thing that a list cant tell you is the way it feels and sounds. I like mine even more than my 2011 GT500. Its so amazing.

Sadly for me I have to sell mine due to personal reasons as it is by far the most enjoyable car I have ever owned.

Powertrain
Boss 302R Intake
Forged Pistons
Upgraded Con-Rods
Race-Spec Main and Rod Bearings
Larger Sodium Filled Exhaust Valves
Hi-Lift Exhaust Cams
7500 RPM Limit
CNC’d Heads
Oil Cooler
Larger Radiator
Revised Radiator Plumbing
Revised Oil Pan Baffling
Race Inspired Clutch
3.73 Axle Ratio
Finned Aluminum Diff Cover
Limited Slip Diff with carbon fiber plates (Torsen Limited Slip Available)
Quad Exhaust
Suspension
Higher Rate Springs (lowered 11MM front – 1MM rear)
Adjustable Struts/Shocks
25MM Rear Anti-roll bar (GT is 24MM)
Tuned Electronic Steering with 3 Settings
Unique traction control system settings
Unique electronic stability control settings
TracKey - Additional Key that enables the PCM setting of the 302R (dealer flash required)

Body
Black or White Roof Panel and Coordinated C-Stripe
Unique Front Facia with Blocked off Fog Lamps and Splitter
Small Rear Spoiler

Interior
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Unique Shift Knob
Unique Cloth Seats (Recaros available)
Cloth Door Panel Insert
Dark Metallic Instrument Panel Finish
Unique Guages
Unique Door Sill
11 Pounds of Sound Deadening Removed
Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Brembo 14 inch vented discs front
Boss specific rear compounds pads rear
Vented Brake Shields
Unique ABS tuning
Reinforced Brake Lines
Lightweight 19X9 and 19X9.5 Wheels
Pirelli P-Zero Tires 255/40/ZR19 Front 285/35/ZR19 Rear

Rat Fink
04-15-2013, 07:21 AM

brucebanner
04-15-2013, 07:42 AM
My dad has a '11 GT and quite enjoys it. I haven't spent that much time in it so I can't really comment but he's lucky if he has 10k on it though. I know he has driven it to the track(drag), run down somewhere in the low-mid 12s and headed back home. Hasn't mentioned any issues with the car. I'm looking forward to some actual seat time with it later in the summer though.

I don't think you can to wrong with one!

Disoblige
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Curious to see what you do A790. Always been curious on the OTD price of a GT with track pack. So many incentives and whatnot, seems like a lot can be negotiated.

ercchry
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
There's a TSB for the LCA creaking to install the rev C control arms. Pays 2.1 hours. It's a pretty minor inconvenience IMO, drop your car off in the morning and have your new LCA's installed and an alignment done by lunch time.

I'm pretty sure nobody at my dealer has even done this before. We must have deaf customers......or the majority of people who drive them don't go out of their way to duplicate every issue they read on internet forums :dunno:

i cant hear shit over the borla atak :rofl:

heavyD
04-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
There's a TSB for the LCA creaking to install the rev C control arms. Pays 2.1 hours. It's a pretty minor inconvenience IMO, drop your car off in the morning and have your new LCA's installed and an alignment done by lunch time.

I'm pretty sure nobody at my dealer has even done this before. We must have deaf customers......or the majority of people who drive them don't go out of their way to duplicate every issue they read on internet forums :dunno:

Trust me you know if you have it as it can get loud when it's hot outside. To the point where people nearby turn their heads when you go over speedbumps in a parking lot. Rev. C's aren't a guaranteed fix either.

Alak
04-15-2013, 11:51 AM

i cant hear shit over the borla atak :rofl:

Funny you say that when I was cruising on the Boss I noted a lot of exhaust noise in the cabin and thought to myself, it probably drowns out all the rattles haha

SkiBum5.0
04-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Worth it just you can say "Like a Boss" everytime someone says - What do you drive?

A790
04-17-2013, 07:32 PM
$36,000+tax for a white GT with nav and backup camera. Decent price?

03ozwhip
04-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
Worth it just you can say "Like a Boss" everytime someone says - What do you drive?

LOL my buddy has a Z06 and his plate is actually "lkaboss"

ercchry
04-18-2013, 09:03 AM
advantage just sent me an email. they are having a 96hr sale

heavyD
04-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by A790
$36,000+tax for a white GT with nav and backup camera. Decent price?

Sounds all right but does it have the HID/security package or premium interior at least? If you don't get the track pack you will likely have to save money for aftermarket suspension unless you like the soft, bouncy ride.

94boosted
04-18-2013, 12:33 PM
If you're not gona track it save yourself the money.

Originally posted by bruceod
My dad has a '11 GT and quite enjoys it. I haven't spent that much time in it so I can't really comment but he's lucky if he has 10k on it though. I know he has driven it to the track(drag), run down somewhere in the low-mid 12s and headed back home. Hasn't mentioned any issues with the car. I'm looking forward to some actual seat time with it later in the summer though.

I don't think you can to wrong with one!

Is it stock? Low-mid 12's in Alberta?

heavyD
04-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
If you're not gona track it save yourself the money.

Track pack rides very nice on the streets. Firm at the limit but forgiving like a German car. Regular suspension feels like a 10 year old Accord. This has been gone over numerous times on Mustang forums but it's cheaper to get the package when you consider the value of the additional parts than to go aftermarket after. He was talking about a Boss so I assumed he wanted some level of performance.

If the OP only plans on keeping it for a year then yes he probably may as well save the money.

A790
04-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Sounds all right but does it have the HID/security package or premium interior at least? If you don't get the track pack you will likely have to save money for aftermarket suspension unless you like the soft, bouncy ride.
Premium interior, tech package w/ nav and backup camera.

I intend on lowering it myself anyway so I'm not too sure if it's worthwhile to get the track package.

Will have the car for 2-3 years I imagine.

:)

Vagabond142
04-18-2013, 02:02 PM

:bullshit: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

heavyD
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM

Premium interior, tech package w/ nav and backup camera.

I intend on lowering it myself anyway so I'm not too sure if it's worthwhile to get the track package.

Sounds alright. Is that counting the $1000 Costco incentive?

94boosted
04-18-2013, 03:15 PM

Track pack rides very nice on the streets. Firm at the limit but forgiving like a German car. Regular suspension feels like a 10 year old Accord. This has been gone over numerous times on Mustang forums but it's cheaper to get the package when you consider the value of the additional parts than to go aftermarket after. He was talking about a Boss so I assumed he wanted some level of performance.

If the OP only plans on keeping it for a year then yes he probably may as well save the money.

I agree the track pack is a good idea, I meant that if he's not gona track it he shouldn't buy a Boss, stick with the GT (and track pack). The mustang is heavy so having the Brembo's from the track pack is probably a really good idea if you do any "spritied" driving.

ercchry
04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
2 laps on the old road course and the brake fad would be pretty bad on the V6... scary even

clem24
04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Don't forget to show 'em your Costco card.

http://www.fordclassic.ca/site/fordcostco/en/

Mitsu3000gt
04-18-2013, 03:58 PM

:eek: That is crazy depreciation. I wouldn't touch a car like that brand new unless I leased it or planned on driving it until it quit.

ercchry
04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
its nuts... since i have yet to see a V6 under $20k

brucebanner
04-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

Is it stock? Low-mid 12's in Alberta?

Noooooo, not in Alberta. In the Maritimes.

I'm 99% it's stock. Maybe a catback, programmer and intake but I'd have to check.

94boosted
04-18-2013, 04:23 PM

Noooooo, not in Alberta. In the Maritimes.

I'm 99% it's stock. Maybe a catback, programmer and intake but I'd have to check.

That makes more sense as I beleive they run high 12's stock.

A790
04-18-2013, 05:25 PM

Sounds alright. Is that counting the $1000 Costco incentive?
No.

Originally posted by clem24
Don't forget to show 'em your Costco card.

http://www.fordclassic.ca/site/fordcostco/en/
I don't have one :(

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

:eek: That is crazy depreciation. I wouldn't touch a car like that brand new unless I leased it or planned on driving it until it quit.

its nuts... since i have yet to see a V6 under $20k
I haven't found a '11 or '12 in the 25K range that was a manual, had the options I wanted, and wasn't a POS.

All the ones I'm finding are in the low 30's, and for 36k brand new, why not?

ercchry
04-18-2013, 05:49 PM

No.

I don't have one :(

I haven't found a '11 or '12 in the 25K range that was a manual, had the options I wanted, and wasn't a POS.

All the ones I'm finding are in the low 30's, and for 36k brand new, why not?

if you have anyone with the same address with a card, you are good. membership is also cheaper than $1k ;)

i saw one manual GT, said "loaded" saw leather... 40k kms... $25k, might be gone though.it also wasnt white

Rat Fink
04-18-2013, 05:57 PM

A790
04-18-2013, 06:16 PM

if you have anyone with the same address with a card, you are good. membership is also cheaper than $1k ;)
Have to have had it before April 1 :(

Aleks
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Cars that depreciate a lot are the worst lease deals. When I lease I pick the ones the depreciate the least as I know I can't keep a car more than 6-18 months :banghead:

Current car for example is less to lease than something like a Sonata 2.0 that has low residuals.

Vagabond142
04-18-2013, 10:07 PM

Have to have had it before April 1 :(

Hi :)

A790
04-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

Hi :)
Hey ;)

heavyD
04-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Cars that depreciate a lot are the worst lease deals. When I lease I pick the ones the depreciate the least as I know I can't keep a car more than 6-18 months :banghead:

Current car for example is less to lease than something like a Sonata 2.0 that has low residuals.

When's the last time you kept a car for 18 months?:D

black300
04-19-2013, 10:09 AM
If you don't mind a used one well it only has 400km you can get a Boss 302 for a pretty good price!

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-BOSS-302-GT-V8-500-HP-W0QQAdIdZ444823419

Aleks
04-19-2013, 10:45 AM

When's the last time you kept a car for 18 months?:D

Mid 2000s??

Liking the STI so far. Just the transmission alone to me is worth the extra $30-40/ month over the WRX. Even though the STI seems slower it's way more enjoyable to drive than WRX.

I've never had a V8 car though so the Mustang has always intrigued me. Maybe next time.

Mitsu3000gt
04-19-2013, 10:58 AM

Isn't that why the US manufacturers were in trouble for a while? Like GM? Their cars had such poor resale that they had to give residuals well above market value, so they took a haircut on every lease return. Nobody would lease them if they offered the actual residual, so they had to inflate it.

benyl
04-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Isn't that why the US manufacturers were in trouble for a while? Like GM? Their cars had such poor resale that they had to give residuals well above market value, so they took a haircut on every lease return. Nobody would lease them if they offered the actual residual, so they had to inflate it.

I think they just stopped leasing all together.

BMW did this before the downturn. I know on my 335i, the residual was a crazy 61% after 36 months. When I returned it, Gallery didn't want it because the buyout was so high that they would lose money on the car.

clem24
04-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by benyl

I think they just stopped leasing all together.

BMW did this before the downturn. I know on my 335i, the residual was a crazy 61% after 36 months. When I returned it, Gallery didn't want it because the buyout was so high that they would lose money on the car.

What do you mean? Why would they lose money taking the car back? So what, they didn't take the car back after the lease was up?!?

heavyD
04-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Mid 2000s??

Liking the STI so far. Just the transmission alone to me is worth the extra $30-40/ month over the WRX. Even though the STI seems slower it's way more enjoyable to drive than WRX.

I've never had a V8 car though so the Mustang has always intrigued me. Maybe next time.

I can tell you that the new 5.0L V8 is not like any domestic V8. It's a jewel of an engine that pulls smooth and hard to it's 7000 RPM (Boss is 7500 RPM) redline like a Honda 4-cylinder with V8 power and torque. Sweetest engine of any car I've ever owned and I miss that engine dearly.

benyl
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by clem24

What do you mean? Why would they lose money taking the car back? So what, they didn't take the car back after the lease was up?!?

In a lot of cases, BMWs held their value better than the residuals of the lease, so the dealer would buy them and then sell them for profit.

For my 2008, the residual was higher than the market value, so it was sent back to BMW for auction. BMW takes the hit on it.

Shlade
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM

I can tell you that the new 5.0L V8 is not like any domestic V8. It's a jewel of an engine that pulls smooth and hard to it's 7000 RPM (Boss is 7500 RPM) redline like a Honda 4-cylinder with V8 power and torque. Sweetest engine of any car I've ever owned and I miss that engine dearly.

Ill still never understand why you traded a car with that much power potential and got a STI in its place... Was it really worth they hit the probably gave you on the trade in?

KRyn
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Mid 2000s??

Have you driven or owned any previous STIs? I would like to know how older generations compare to the newer ones. I love my car most of the time, but sometime it pains me. The source of some of this pain is likely the fact that it is so modified. But I would like to think the STI has been somewhat refined over the years.

benyl
04-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

Have you driven or owned any previous STIs? I would like to know how older generations compare to the newer ones. I love my car most of the time, but sometime it pains me. The source of some of this pain is likely the fact that it is so modified. But I would like to think the STI has been somewhat refined over the years.

The new one is much more refined than the old one. It is on the verge of boring.

That being said, when I put my STi back to stock, it felt like a new refined car. My guess is that the mods make it painful.

max_boost
04-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Definitely go used Cam if you aren't going to keep the car. New car depreciation sucks.

I'm telling myself for my daily drivers I gotta keep it to as close to the end of lease period as possible. It worked out for the GTI, 3.5 years of ownership and delivered it to a Beyonder last night at 77600kms. I felt like I got my value out of that car.

Whatever car you buy, drive it! Hurts too much to sell a car you barely drove and taking a massive hit.

A790
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Definitely go used Cam if you aren't going to keep the car. New car depreciation sucks.

I'm telling myself for my daily drivers I gotta keep it to as close to the end of lease period as possible. It worked out for the GTI, 3.5 years of ownership and delivered it to a Beyonder last night at 77600kms. I felt like I got my value out of that car.

Whatever car you buy, drive it! Hurts too much to sell a car you barely drove and taking a massive hit.
Oh no I intend to keep this car. I want to eventually turbo it.

I don't flip through brand new cars like I do with used ones ;)

heavyD
04-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

Ill still never understand why you traded a car with that much power potential and got a STI in its place... Was it really worth they hit the probably gave you on the trade in?

Couldn't handle some of the nagging issues with the Mustang and the dealer pissed me off. I have a high threshold but when I lose it I have a bad temper. Lost a lot of money but it is what it is.

I would say GD's were built better. GR's are pretty cheaply made but they do offer a more refined ride and the interior is better at least styling wise. I am progressing through my interior rattle repairs as I have fixed the A pillar rattles, the dome lite rattle agains the sun roof motor, and next I plan on tackling the rear deck (sedan) that rattles bad at cold startups. Not used to this kind of stuff out of a new car.

03ozwhip
04-19-2013, 04:19 PM
^so why is it that you got rid of your mustang again? what happened with the dealer? sorry to hijack a790, inquiring minds, you know lol i just know a guy that may want to buy one as well and id like to know the ups and downs that you went through....

heavyD
04-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
^so why is it that you got rid of your mustang again? what happened with the dealer? sorry to hijack a790, inquiring minds, you know lol i just know a guy that may want to buy one as well and id like to know the ups and downs that you went through....

Long story but don't buy one from Universal Ford. I ordered my car from them in February of 2011 and waited just about 3 months for it which isn't bad but I sold my EVO faster than expected (a week after having it up for sale) so I had to drive my dad's pickup truck for a few months. Anyway I kept in contact with my salesman throughout (my dad needed his truck back to haul some stuff to his cabin in Montana) and he updated me telling me my car would be in about May 15. May 8 I happened to be surfing at AFM and learned about a Ford customer service contact number where I could get a status of my car. I called it and low and behold my car was delivered four days ago. I call my salesman and he feeds me a BS line that he had food poisoning and was home for a couple of days but I can pick up my car the next day. I'm a little annoyed but whatever so when I go to pick it up I go for a test drive and walkaround and everything looks okay and I noticed the digital odometer was turned off so while he went in to get a screwdriver to put on my plates I scrolled it up and there was 124 kms on my brand new car that was delivered directly to the dealership (for reference in the 7 other cars we bought new in the last decade all came with less than 14 kms except one with 32 that was driven from one dealer to another). I was livid and the salesman was a good liar and told me that the car was likely pulled over for QC. The next day I call Ford with the details and was told there should have been a notice placed on the window if the car was pulled over he then proceeds to tell me there are no records of this happening to my car and it would have left Ford with <5 kms on it. Bottom line is that the fucking salesman at Ford decided he was going to drive the first 2012 Mustang the dealer received for a few days prior to letting me pick it up and there's no telling how long he would have driven it for had I not phoned. I wanted to bad to break some of his bones but instead took it up with the manager who questioned employees and came up with nothing other that she trusted the salesman would not do such a thing and offered me my first service free to which I told to stick up her ass.

Me and that car got off on the wrong foot from the start and between that and being told that not being able to use 2nd gear in the cold and loud engine tick at idle were normal, dropping the car off at 7:00 a.m for warranty work only to receive a call at 4:00 that they never got a chance to look at my car to national backorder on lower control arms, etc I just had to get rid of the car as I knew it was one of those cars that I was going to have to spend a lot of time dealing with dealerships and the bullshit wasn't worth it.

Shlade
04-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I get that.

Same thing I did with my 08 Bullitt. Was in the dealership more than I drove it

ercchry
04-19-2013, 07:38 PM
i blew up a motor, called my mechanic was like, dude. my car doesnt sound good. dropped it off that morning, got a call at 4ish that a new engine was ordered. would be two business days. was a thrusday... so no car for the weekend. tuesday the next week. picked it up. cool story, i know. besides that 0 issues

oh... well the breather on the trans wasnt sealed so it went in for an afternoon for that. they had to pull the trans to fix it. got step by step pics text to my phone

2000impreza
04-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Long story but don't buy one from Universal Ford. I ordered my car from them in February of 2011 and waited just about 3 months for it which isn't bad but I sold my EVO faster than expected (a week after having it up for sale) so I had to drive my dad's pickup truck for a few months. Anyway I kept in contact with my salesman throughout (my dad needed his truck back to haul some stuff to his cabin in Montana) and he updated me telling me my car would be in about May 15. May 8 I happened to be surfing at AFM and learned about a Ford customer service contact number where I could get a status of my car. I called it and low and behold my car was delivered four days ago. I call my salesman and he feeds me a BS line that he had food poisoning and was home for a couple of days but I can pick up my car the next day. I'm a little annoyed but whatever so when I go to pick it up I go for a test drive and walkaround and everything looks okay and I noticed the digital odometer was turned off so while he went in to get a screwdriver to put on my plates I scrolled it up and there was 124 kms on my brand new car that was delivered directly to the dealership (for reference in the 7 other cars we bought new in the last decade all came with less than 14 kms except one with 32 that was driven from one dealer to another). I was livid and the salesman was a good liar and told me that the car was likely pulled over for QC. The next day I call Ford with the details and was told there should have been a notice placed on the window if the car was pulled over he then proceeds to tell me there are no records of this happening to my car and it would have left Ford with &lt;5 kms on it. Bottom line is that the fucking salesman at Ford decided he was going to drive the first 2012 Mustang the dealer received for a few days prior to letting me pick it up and there's no telling how long he would have driven it for had I not phoned. I wanted to bad to break some of his bones but instead took it up with the manager who questioned employees and came up with nothing other that she trusted the salesman would not do such a thing and offered me my first service free to which I told to stick up her ass.

Me and that car got off on the wrong foot from the start and between that and being told that not being able to use 2nd gear in the cold and loud engine tick at idle were normal, dropping the car off at 7:00 a.m for warranty work only to receive a call at 4:00 that they never got a chance to look at my car to national backorder on lower control arms, etc I just had to get rid of the car as I knew it was one of those cars that I was going to have to spend a lot of time dealing with dealerships and the bullshit wasn't worth it.

That's crazy. I would be pissed if that happened to me. Unfortunately broken piston ring lands, oil pick up tube, and cracked firewall are common with the current generation WRX/STI. Hopefully you have don't encounter any of these issues with your car.

Aleks
04-19-2013, 10:53 PM

Driven the previuos gen ones quite a bit. Owned previous gen WRX and current gen WRX. New STI is more refined. But to me even though it's a lot slower than the 335i I had it's more engaging to drive. I have no rattles yet either and ringlands are not a worry as I'm not going to modify the engine.

msouther
04-20-2013, 10:14 PM
I ordered a 2014 GT with Track Package in Deep Impact Blue. You can get one for around $40K all in. Went to Freedom Ford in Edmonton. Awesome experience and i am like A790 in that i get rid of vehicles too quick. Had a 2012 GT, traded it for 2012 Escape Ltd., regretted it and just placed my order last Thursday. If you call Freedom Ford ask for Andre. Keep us posted in what you do.

tawheed
04-21-2013, 12:22 AM
I've never owned a domestic vehicle except for my POS '98 Ranger that I'd use to haul my race bike in. I must say, the Mustang is starting to look appealing to me, anyone actually own and use a 2011+ GT? Beyond the issues heavyD seemed to have with his, are they actually decently built?

ercchry
04-21-2013, 01:37 AM
i normally fly through cars, i also destroy them... i still own mine, its been two years :eek:

and i dont even have a V8!

Shlade
04-21-2013, 10:46 AM
All this mustang talk makes me want one again so bad.... Sigh. One day

A790
04-21-2013, 12:16 PM
All this mustang talk makes me want one again so bad.... Sigh. One day
lol growing up I hated Mustangs, but after buying my '05 GT I concluded they aren't as bad as people made them out to be.

For a street car they're a lot of fun. The new generation has ironed out the majority of the kinks in terms of handling and fit/finish. And 420hp for 34k is a screaming deal right now...

M.alex
04-22-2013, 01:12 AM
03/04 cobra > all

that is all :burnout:

Cos
04-22-2013, 07:01 AM

bourge73
04-22-2013, 07:38 AM
^^ Agree 100% I just ended up putting on louder mufflers, the squeaking is finally gone :thumbsup:

KRyn
04-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

That's crazy. I would be pissed if that happened to me. Unfortunately broken piston ring lands, oil pick up tube, and cracked firewall are common with the current generation WRX/STI. Hopefully you have don't encounter any of these issues with your car.

You have to be fucking kidding? If this issue is still persisting it has been going on for nearly a decade. That is pathetic.

SkiBum5.0
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
03/04 cobra &gt; all

that is all :burnout:

Love the Terminator cobra's noise! Can't hold a candle to the Coyote (5.0L) under boost though. These motors are extraodinarily flexbile. You can do an NA build that will rev to 8000K or add boost and make 550 at the wheels all day long.

One thing to remember about the Boss is that it includes forged internals if you are thinking about boost in the future A790

heavyD
04-22-2013, 09:53 AM

lol growing up I hated Mustangs, but after buying my '05 GT I concluded they aren't as bad as people made them out to be.

For a street car they're a lot of fun. The new generation has ironed out the majority of the kinks in terms of handling and fit/finish. And 420hp for 34k is a screaming deal right now...

Yeah it was my first Mustang in decades and I was surprised by the refined ride and solid steering and handling given it's still SRA. The car had a quality feel you don't get with compact cars. I liked my car and it's a shame I got a bad one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the all-new 2015+ models after they have a few years under their belt as I don't want to be a first year adopter.

A790
04-22-2013, 10:16 AM

Yeah it was my first Mustang in decades and I was surprised by the refined ride and solid steering and handling given it's still SRA. The car had a quality feel you don't get with compact cars. I liked my car and it's a shame I got a bad one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the all-new 2015+ models after they have a few years under their belt as I don't want to be a first year adopter.
Heh was reading through some Mustang forums and found a bunch of posts from you on there. Good information!

heavyD
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM

Heh was reading through some Mustang forums and found a bunch of posts from you on there. Good information!

I sold pretty well all my stuff but I still have a new set of valve stem caps with the 5.0L logo and a new set of aftermarket lug nuts in my basement. Free for whomever wants to pick them up.

A790
04-22-2013, 03:40 PM

I sold pretty well all my stuff but I still have a new set of valve stem caps with the 5.0L logo and a new set of aftermarket lug nuts in my basement. Free for whomever wants to pick them up.
Done deal. :)

A790
04-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Here she is:

http://i.imgur.com/4fbZasJ.jpg

Hallowed_point
04-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Nice choice A790. The 5.0 is the best bang for your buck beast
out there right now in my books! And smart to go with a light
color, hides swirls and chips much better.

A790
04-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Nice choice A790. The 5.0 is the best bang for your buck beast
out there right now in my books! And smart to go with a light
color, hides swirls and chips much better.
Yea I've never had a white car before. It's going in for 3M/tint tomorrow.

I really like this car. Nice fit/finish inside, nice sound, feels solid overall. Haven't really punched it yet (gotta be nice to it for a while) but I'm looking forward to it....

Cos
04-25-2013, 07:05 PM

ercchry
04-25-2013, 07:14 PM
someone stole your brembos!

A790
04-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Soooo..... mustang meet?
Yea dude!

someone stole your brembos!
lol nah I there wasn't much selection for white GT's left in Canada for 2013 model years. I decided that if I wanted to go big brakes I could do it myself later... well, maybe if I convince Kino to help ;)

avow
04-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Nice buy A790, huge fan of this car. The GT was a little out of range for me but I am loving my 13 3.7. These cars have come a long way since driving my friends shit box 95.

brucebanner
04-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Congrats A790! Hope you enjoy her. :)

blackpeople
04-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Yea dude!

lol nah I there wasn't much selection for white GT's left in Canada for 2013 model years. I decided that if I wanted to go big brakes I could do it myself later... well, maybe if I convince Kino to help ;)

I am always up for helping you out man, I am also down for a mustang meet. I dont know if my slow old junk will fit in though.

A790
04-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Congrats A790! Hope you enjoy her. :)
Oh I will!

Originally posted by blackpeople
I am always up for helping you out man, I am also down for a mustang meet. I dont know if my slow old junk will fit in though.
lol your "old slow junk" will school me with a decent head start and destroy me from a stand still.

Shlade
04-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Buddy of mine beat the piss out of his mustang 70km on the dash and the thing takes out modded mustangs with it being stock lol. I guess you can say he has a strong break in lol

tawheed
04-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Damn, nice car.. So tempting..

Anyone know what the 3.7L V6s are like to live with?? Looks likes tons of favourable reviews on those things too..

ercchry
04-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by tawheed
Damn, nice car.. So tempting..

Anyone know what the 3.7L V6s are like to live with?? Looks likes tons of favourable reviews on those things too..

enjoyable

Alak
04-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Buddy of mine beat the piss out of his mustang 70km on the dash and the thing takes out modded mustangs with it being stock lol. I guess you can say he has a strong break in lol

I have mixed feels about breaking a car in. IMO its a manufactueres way of saying, 'we don't know if it will work so take it easy for a few thousand kms'. The other mechanic part of me says, its a load of shit. Drive the piss out of it off the factory floor, it doesn't make a difference. They run the engines at the factory in any case.

ercchry
04-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Alak

I have mixed feels about breaking a car in. IMO its a manufactueres way of saying, 'we don't know if it will work so take it easy for a few thousand kms'. The other mechanic part of me says, its a load of shit. Drive the piss out of it off the factory floor, it doesn't make a difference. They run the engines at the factory in any case.

and i say, drive it hard so if your tolerances are not 100% perfect, you blow it up when you have full warranty :rofl:

Alak
04-26-2013, 10:00 AM

and i say, drive it hard so if your tolerances are not 100% perfect, you blow it up when you have full warranty :rofl:

Warranty is just a word anyways. I have half a dozen warranty stories of dealerships trying to weasel out of repairs because their product sucks.

blackpeople
04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I think the fords love a hard break in. A friend of mine got his 13 shelby last year and he had a very aggressive break in and his car has made over 600whp on 2 different dynos and is one of the fastest all stock shelbys around.