PDA

View Full Version : Building with DISCOVERY HOMES - Referances?

InRich
04-15-2013, 01:45 PM
So my little bro wants to buy a new house with Discovery. He likes the SoHo, and I was wondering if anyone has built with them in the past. anyone get a discount? what if I brought in a reference, would they get a reference fee like Cardel gives out?

nitram
04-15-2013, 03:18 PM
I believe they do. I bought a Morrison home (sister company) and if I recall, I got a booklet of cards I can give to people for 'reference'. Not sure what the amount or if buyer gets any discount though.

vtec4life
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM
I built a House with Discovery last year. Been living in it since July.

Overall Morrison/Discovery has their processes down to a fine art.

Discovery is actually the sister company, Morrison is the higher end stuff.

Everything goes very smooth and if you think you have any questions they will be answered before you open your mouth.

I asked for a 2% discount at the time we were siging all of the papers, sales manager said no but it is not his decision, it is the company owners decision. They will play hard ball for a bit but you should be able to get a decent discount or a "credit" at the design center.

In regards to the build quality I am very happy so far.

Just had the basement finished and the carpet guys were suprised with how sturdy the framing and everything was when they were "kicking" the carpet in. They thought the home was 5-7 years old based on a lot of the lower quality new builds they have encountered.

yellowGTS
04-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by vtec4life
In regards to the build quality I am very happy so far.

Just had the basement finished and the carpet guys were suprised with how sturdy the framing and everything was when they were "kicking" the carpet in. They thought the home was 5-7 years old based on a lot of the lower quality new builds they have encountered.

So your 1 year old house was thought to be 5-7 years old based on what the carpet guys saw?? Doesn't fill me with confidence in build quality

colsankey
04-23-2013, 02:21 AM
Not to sound like I'm shittin on your house, because I've know nothing about it, but 5-7 years ago, it was boom time houses.. wasn't the quality pretty crap overall?

vtec4life
04-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by yellowGTS

So your 1 year old house was thought to be 5-7 years old based on what the carpet guys saw?? Doesn't fill me with confidence in build quality

Jeez they were just saying compared to many of the other new homes they have put carpet in, this one felt the most "solid" as in a home that had been nicely settled in maybe?

They are turkish immigrants that do a great carpet install. They could have said 5-7 and meant 15. Who knows.