PDA

View Full Version : Another Terror Attack? Bomb blast in Bangalore

kenny
04-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Not much details out yet, just saw a posting from a coworker in Bangalore.

Explosives strapped to a bike went off outside of the BJP offices (political party?)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Explosion-near-BJP-office-in-Bangalore/articleshow/19591996.cms

urrforce
04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
interesting to see how this thread unlike the boston ones has no replies :dunno:

FixedGear
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by urrforce
interesting to see how this thread unlike the boston ones has no replies :dunno:

why? boston is closer to home than bangalore. how many beyonders reported that they or a close loved one were running in the marathon? :dunno:

kenny
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah I was searching for an update to the Bangalore incident and its not getting much International press. On BBC its buried, No deaths though and the Boston story is much bigger.

16 hurt in Bangalore incident, 8 of them police officers.

Makes sense its not getting much attention here on beyond, but not sure why its not getting much media coverage.

rage2
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Everyone got lucky. Bike parked in the morning, and 2 cars parked sandwiching the bike, which shielded the blast. Only update I have is that cops are everywhere, and traffic is terrible today. Other than that, business as usual.

Kloubek
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't know anyone in Bangalore, and I don't think anyone I know knows anyone there. There are no economic, political or emotional changes that will occur to me or around me because of this incident. So since what occurs there has absolutely zero effect on me here, so why would I be too concerned about it?

Is it horrible? Sure. Any time somebody takes it upon themselves to inflict mass casualties it's a seriously unfortunate event. Even one casualty is a seriously unfortunate event, for that matter. All those involved should be brought to justice and I hope they pay for what they've done.

But at the end of the day, I'm not going to lose sleep over every negative event that happens around the world. I'd be one unhappy motherfucker, and I'm not the happiest guy in the first place.

Still, I wish the very best to all the victims. I'm sure what happened there was equally tragic for those people as what occured in Boston was for those involved. (With that said, the casualties in Boston were far more intense, and probably warrants more coverage on that basis alone)

rage2
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I don't know anyone in Bangalore, and I don't think anyone I know knows anyone there.
Bangalore's like my second home haha.