PDA

View Full Version : Cutting fridge magnets

heavyfuel
04-17-2013, 10:55 AM
So I got some magnetic decals made for my trucks last week. I don't want to use them. Now I have $400 worth of magnetic vinyl that I have no use for. Plan is to cut them up into business card size then get stickers of my business card made so I can hand out fridge magnets at least that way it's not a total loss. Anybody know of a shop who could do this?

Graham_A_M
04-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Most printing shops can do this for you. Places like Kinkos and the like. They can use your magnet(s) and take things from there. Call around and you'll find someone.

codetrap
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Get them cut up into beyond.ca magnets and sell them as unauthorized merchandise.

Deville
04-18-2013, 05:50 AM
Why would you even be in this situation? As a business owner/ operator I'm very careful to not buy things I dont need or want. Anyways, why not grab a pc of plywood and and an exacto knife and hack them up youself?

heavyfuel
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Deville
Why would you even be in this situation? As a business owner/ operator I'm very careful to not buy things I dont need or want. Anyways, why not grab a pc of plywood and and an exacto knife and hack them up youself?

I feel like a tool driving around with "company" (ya right) decals on my truck. I Successfully operated as a ghost for 8 years and now it's so God damned slow that I felt it had come to this. I'm very uncomfortable with it. I don't wanna do it myself because if I offer anybody a fridge magnet with a hope in hell they're gonna use it well the least I can do is make sure it's bang on 90 degree corners and straight. Stuff I don't want/need, in this case I need this but I don't want it, it's a tax writeoff, no big deal. The more you make the more the cra takes, so I don't concern myself at all with small losses such as these.

masoncgy
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
You're ashamed to be seen in a vehicle advertising the very business you are trying to boost because it's failing?

How does that even make sense?

xnvy
04-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
You're ashamed to be seen in a vehicle advertising the very business you are trying to boost because it's failing?

How does that even make sense? Look at his avatar, he'd rather go down with the ship.

heavyfuel
04-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy

How does that even make sense?

My service is a NEED not a WANT. As such, part of my approach since day 1 is to not cram it down people's throats. Some people have nosy neighbors and don't appreciate a billboard at their house. I figure, they're paying me good money which I value and appreciate so said neighbor can do what my client did- take 30 seconds to find me online. Plus I found I had to re-think the way I drive. Which one would think is pretty normal in a logo'd vehicle. It was almost to the point of learning how to drive all over again. That made me the most uncomfortable. I felt like I was being overly careful that because of it I might get into an accident. Face it there's some situations where you just can't safely yield- and considering the amount of drivers that only care about themselves and don't understand that, I though that the extra care put into trying to avoid lash out phone calls was a liability.

Plus I just cannot, for the life of me, wrap my head around why what I do has to be such a big God damned deal. Keep it insured, keep the CRA happy, pay my bills, what the fuck more do people want???