PDA

View Full Version : Quiet exhaust for the MR2

ExtremeSi
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
A just picked up an MR2 with an Apex'i exhaust on it and it's too loud for me. I'm looking for something a lot quieter, preferably with dual tips.

I've heard the Fujitsubo Legalis R is quiet, but I'm having a hard time finding one for sale.

Any other recommendations or ideas?

e.widling
04-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I have a full stock exhaust sitting at home if you're desperate, quiet as they get!

Tik-Tok
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Mine had the TRD exhaust on it, it was dual tip, nice sound, and not loud at all... (until I replaced the cat with a straight downpipe anyways, then it got loud)

sh0ko
04-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
A just picked up an MR2 with an Apex'i exhaust on it and it's too loud for me. I'm looking for something a lot quieter, preferably with dual tips.

I've heard the Fujitsubo Legalis R is quiet, but I'm having a hard time finding one for sale.

Any other recommendations or ideas?

i had a fujitsubo legalis R before i went to a Berk 3" full exhaust

world of diff . berk has that crazy nice low growl but its disgustingly loud

the legalis r was perfect imo.... just order a new one?

edit: word of warning though.. the fujitsubo's are prone to dulling and discoloring

BinDeal
04-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Fujitsubo Legalis R is the way to go. I have on my 2, with no cat. and it's still low, deep sound. Would let you hear it, but car still in pieces.

ExtremeSi
04-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a used Legalis R on the way from Ontario. :D

Redlyne_mr2
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Pics of the new whip?

ExtremeSi
04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Pics of the new whip?

Ya, it's a 92 JDM hardtop turbo. A bit rough, and needs some fixing up, but should clean up nice hopefully.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/photoe-1_zpsb47f4ceb.jpg

Things to fix:
- Horn doesn't work
- Right headlight doesn't like to pop up
- Car stalls after boosting (I think the HKS blowoff valve is the culprit, I'm going to put the stock BPV back in once I find one)
- Valve cover leaking oil
- Turbo oil feed line possibly leaking oil
- Power steering not working
- Suspension is pretty rough - it has Ohlins, hopefully I can adjust them if I figure out how
- Needs new rear brake pads
- Muffler too loud, hence the Fujitsubo on the way
- Want a red hood

But I'm excited to finally have a 2! If you have any tips for me I'm all ears. If you ever want to give me a ride in a your legendary MR2 too I won't say no :D

Idiot Stick
05-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi

Ya, it's a 92 JDM hardtop turbo. A bit rough, and needs some fixing up, but should clean up nice hopefully.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/photoe-1_zpsb47f4ceb.jpg

Things to fix:
- Horn doesn't work
- Right headlight doesn't like to pop up
- Car stalls after boosting (I think the HKS blowoff valve is the culprit, I'm going to put the stock BPV back in once I find one)
- Valve cover leaking oil
- Turbo oil feed line possibly leaking oil
- Power steering not working
- Suspension is pretty rough - it has Ohlins, hopefully I can adjust them if I figure out how
- Needs new rear brake pads
- Muffler too loud, hence the Fujitsubo on the way
- Want a red hood

But I'm excited to finally have a 2! If you have any tips for me I'm all ears. If you ever want to give me a ride in a your legendary MR2 too I won't say no :D

Nice! Yeah, Berk is loud but has a nice grumble to it. Ive had mine on for a couple years, love the sound but it gets tiresome after long drives on the highway.

Also, if your car has a MAF then the aftermarket blowoff valve is the culprit to its stalling. Get an OEM bpv, connect it right and should solve that issue.

Power steering is electric in our cars, check the fuses and connectors on the unit under the hood.

And I would suggest keeping an eye out for the Koni Yellow sale at twos R us and pick up a set of those, and some TRD springs. Moderate drop and still a nice ride.

Djudee
05-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Any body selling a aftermarket muffler :D or wanna trade into my stock dual tip TRD