PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna TE650

Maxt
04-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Anyone got one or anything to say about this bike before I pull the trigger on it?

Reviews look good except for the factory tires.
I know its a going to be a phased out model/engine combo since Husky just got sold to the holding company of KTM's president. These bikes are being sold cheap right now, its a lot of bike for the price.
Its going to be either this or the Beta.

Babaganoosh
04-23-2013, 01:17 AM
It's chunky and seems to be a substantial step backwards in the TE610/TE630/TR650 line. Basically developed in a budget division of BMW to work a similar market to the sertao.
More of a machine for the weekend warriors than any real dirt IMO. I'll pass, but to each their own.

rx7_turbo2
04-24-2013, 10:07 PM
It all depends on what you're going to ask the bike to do.

The TE650 will be at home with moderate highway usage, gravel roads, fire roads, and two track quad stuff. I think it will probably struggle in anything considered single track. Husky positioned the TE650 as a budget dual sporter, competing with the KLR, DRZ, and Honda 650L, and I would suggest it's more than competitive with that group. Combine that with the prices U.S dealers are blowing Husky's out at and ya there are some serious deals to be had!

The Beta is a much different bike. Beta's closest offering would be the 520RS? That bike will shred single track, and tolerate everything else, any kind of lengthy highway duty though won't be very comfortable. Everything I read about the Beta is awesome, but the lack of local dealer support is a concern. It would shock me though if there wasn't a local dealer in the process of trying to pickup Beta as an offering, just too may rave reviews for nobody this side of the border to take notice.

If you didn't need to be so dam different KTM makes the 500exc;)

Maxt
04-28-2013, 08:23 PM
I think I am going to build something out of a DR650.