PDA

View Full Version : Van City Is Mint!

hockeybronx
02-19-2004, 02:51 AM
Hey, it's been 15 years since I was last in Vancouver but is that ever a kick-ass town.

I was there this last weekend, we cruised down East Hastings, then went to Stanley Park. You should have seen the cars too! Pimped out VW's, a couple M3's, a hummer with back seat where you can stand up completely.

Warm moist weather, everything is green, eagles flying everywhere, ocean views, huge downtown, man why the heck am I living in Calgary anyways?:thumbsdow

Melinda
02-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Yeah Vancouver is a really nice city to visit, I was there for 2 weeks in october and it was still really nice and beautiful :)

rice_eater
02-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
man why the heck am I living in Calgary anyways?:thumbsdow

great point! you should take your pointless slowing down of traffic there and not come back!

Dirty_SOHC
02-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah traffic is always brutal in Van city. nice to visit But I wouldnt want to live there

max_boost
02-19-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm going to Vancouver soon! It's the nicest city within a close proximity where I can escape to for a couple days. My work schedule prevents me from going anywhere for longer than 3 days.

DUBBED
02-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Fuck that's where I should be living, anywhere where you can golf pretty much all year round is :thumbsup: I'm tired of only having a good job for 6 months of the year.

ehos
02-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Vancouver sucks man, Kelowna is where it's at.

:)

MM93
02-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah I just came back yesterday.....i saw i very very nice wht with red Slivia with a wide body kit on it ......down on granville st.
Props to that guy the conver. was done realy well!!!
I love van. Come from T.O. the traffic is nothing!!
i have to find some good tuning shops out there.... moving in aug.

benyl
02-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Why do people call it Van city?:dunno:

I just can't deal with all the rain there...

I spent 28 days there last year on business... 14 days was in the rain... gets depressing.

At least when it is cold here... there is SUN!

BebeAphrodite
02-19-2004, 01:28 PM
I prefer rain to cold snow!! It's so depressing to leave sunshine in the Vancouver airport and come home to white sheets of snow coming down in the Calgary airport.

ApexDrift
02-19-2004, 01:30 PM
my favorite street in van is Robson ST, great shopping, good food, awsome ladies and have you noticed its the slowest street in vancouver because the guys with the nice cars drive super slow so you can check out thier car!:nut: :nut:

itsnotaDUB
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
AHAHAHAAA, i miss van so much... the clubs, stanley park, down town, the drunk tanks, lol i love van so much cant wait to move there.....

szw
02-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by benyl

c-spot, e-town, t-dot.

wow canada is so hip

GTS Jeff
02-19-2004, 06:24 PM
yea i just got back a few hours ago...kick ass. altho modded cars are dime a dozen, its ghey.

hjr
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by szw

c-spot, e-town, t-dot.

wow canada is so hip word, unless its h-port (halifax) hahaha. i dont know, im a goof.

T5_X
02-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Ppl say Van city to refer to the actual city of Vancouver, because everyone from North Van, West Van, Richmond, Burnaby etc. all refer to themselves as Vancouver as well. They are part of the greater Vancouver area, not the actual city of Vancouver hence "Van city"

And this place can lick my ass. Living here takes your enjoyment out of driving. The city had to have been designed by a mentally handicapped lower primate.

FiveFreshFish
02-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Also Hongcouver, for obvious reasons.

hockeybronx
02-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Anybody been on East Hasting Street late on a Saturday night? Man we drove through there at like 11:00am and it was more hardcore than any street in Calgary.

One guy smoking pot here, another prostitute sticking out like a sore thumb there, a guy hallucinating screaming at the sky, a lady sitting on a rocking chair saying she's taking money for the church. It's crazy.

Add the electric busses and it felt more like a dream than real life.

SI-vic
02-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by szw

c-spot, e-town, t-dot.

wow canada is so hip

Calgary is NOT the c-spot.
Thats the gayest name I've ever heard, talk about trying to make this city sound cool.
Was it VIBE or KISS that kept calling calgary c-spot? That guy should have brain checked out.

Anybody been on East Hasting Street late on a Saturday night? Man we drove through there at like 11:00am and it was more hardcore than any street in Calgary.

One guy smoking pot here, another prostitute sticking out like a sore thumb there, a guy hallucinating screaming at the sky, a lady sitting on a rocking chair saying she's taking money for the church. It's crazy.

Add the electric busses and it felt more like a dream than real life.

That place is disgusting. haha funny memories on that road though. Vancouver is a sweet place to visit but living there wouldnt be too great.

GTS Jeff
02-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by T5_X
Ppl say Van city to refer to the actual city of Vancouver, because everyone from North Van, West Van, Richmond, Burnaby etc. all refer to themselves as Vancouver as well. They are part of the greater Vancouver area, not the actual city of Vancouver hence "Van city"

And this place can lick my ass. Living here takes your enjoyment out of driving. The city had to have been designed by a mentally handicapped lower primate. will ure in van right now? damn if i had known i woulda given u a shout!

car
02-20-2004, 02:10 PM
anyone seen South West Marine Drive, or the Crescent, Shaunessey, or West Point Gray in vancouver?

HOLY FUCK!!!! :eek: everyone has 20 million mansions with perosonal underground parking, pool building, nice ass cars, guest houses, and each of those communities have their own parks and golf courses.
http://www.realtylink.org/JPG/GV/W0326767.JPG

http://www.realtylink.org/JPG/GV/W0319946.JPG
http://www.realtylink.org/JPG/GV/W0342997.JPG
http://www.realtylink.org/JPG/GV/W0367919.JPG
http://www.realtylink.org/JPG/GV/W0338566.JPG
http://www.realtylink.org/JPG/GV/W0348708.JPG

can i borrow a buck anyone?:)

stockEK
02-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift
my favorite street in van is Robson ST, great shopping, good food, awsome ladies and have you noticed its the slowest street in vancouver because the guys with the nice cars drive super slow so you can check out thier car!:nut: :nut:

Robson is nice, kind of equvalent to 17th ave in Calgary. Right in the downtown core, tons of stuff within walking distance.

Robson is kind of touristy tho, you should check out Commercial drive bewtween venables and E Hastings. LOTS of ethnic culture and eating places. You'll see less tourists there for sure.

stockEK
02-20-2004, 03:32 PM

bah, Hastings is tame. Alot of homeless/ welfare types, but they are harmless.

I bet you could leave your car idling with the doors unlocked, and all that would happen is someone would steal the loonies out of your ashtray. 99% of the people probably wouldnt even know how to drive, let alone what to do with a stolen car.

Try venturing a couple blocks north of Hastings, towards Cordova and Pender. Things get progressively worse.

spyguy
02-20-2004, 04:17 PM
i just moved from calgary to vancouver like a week ago..so far soo good....perfect convertible weather :)

max_boost
02-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by spyguy
i just moved from calgary to vancouver like a week ago..so far soo good....perfect convertible weather :) Can I borrow your car for the day? I might be going down soon, don't worry I will take good care of it. PM me your new number dude.:thumbsup:

T5_X
02-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by car
anyone seen South West Marine Drive, or the Crescent, Shaunessey, or West Point Gray in vancouver?

My parents are in shaunessy, lots of incredible houses. Its really variable though, ranges from probably 600,000-10 million in our area.

Jeff, you were in Van? I've been here all reading week!

Kaos
02-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Eastside of Van= THE HOOD
Westside of Van= CLASSY and RICH.

but I do notice alot of rice around here more often than calgary sometimes.

car
02-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by T5_X

My parents are in shaunessy, lots of incredible houses. Its really variable though, ranges from probably 600,000-10 million in our area.

Jeff, you were in Van? I've been here all reading week!

we both cant spell shaughnessy :thumbsup:

bunos
02-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Vancouver is a great place to go, just a change from the usual. I agree that Hastings is no hardcore joint. Ahh hastings, with the aroma of piss in the air, cracked out freaks hobbling down the road missing a shoe preaching to God. I remember smoking a joint with a Rastafarian named Jo Jo at 1 in the morning talking about politics and skateboarding... good times.

///M3
02-22-2004, 12:37 AM
i really take vancouver for granted, cuz iv never been anywhere else other then hawaii, mexico and europe. but i did stop in calgary in the summer i think it was, and from what i remeber it was and really nice looking place. only saw it from the airport tho:D