PDA

View Full Version : Going 50 over

Confetti
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
I was caught by a radar van going 154 in a 100 zone. So I was not pulled over. Whats the worst that can happen to me?

D'z Nutz
04-23-2013, 10:01 PM
They'll be sending a patrol car to your house sometime in the next week to bring you in. You pretty much drove away from the scene of a crime, and quickly at that. This happened to a few Beyonders too so they'll tell you.

Don't answer the door if you're not expecting anyone.

msommers
04-23-2013, 10:09 PM
It sucks, but I'd follow the advise above. :(

Confetti
04-23-2013, 10:18 PM
They weren't aimming to pull me over so I wasn't avoiding the police, its jsut the radar van that takes photo radar just took a photo. Typically the ones that send you a letter saying you were speeding where you don't lose demerits. In this case was just a peace officer delivering it to you saying you have to go to court and they just left.

blitz
04-23-2013, 10:28 PM
I'd maybe go on vacation for a few weeks, just lay low.

AE92_TreunoSC
04-23-2013, 10:30 PM
I got the few demerits I needed to get suspended by a radar van, you should definitely avoid driving for the next few weeks. :banghead:

dubhead
04-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Confetti
In this case was just a peace officer delivering it to you saying you have to go to court and they just left.

If they take the time to come to your door you are going to be going with them.

RickDaTuner
04-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Lol,
Typically when you go more than 50 over and get busted by a speed camera you just get a picture of your car with no fine.
Something about 50 over being a different fine, and CPS not being able to mail you a fine

max_boost
04-23-2013, 10:44 PM
You can go to jail for speeding. It's crZy.

lilmira
04-23-2013, 10:45 PM
You should have gone a bit quicker, about 88miles per hour, then you can travel back in time to slow down.

JRSC00LUDE
04-23-2013, 10:56 PM
I had one of those. They couldn't fine me personally, only give a R.O. ticket, but due to the 50 over thing they suspended my insurance for six months. Got a letter from my insurer that they received a Judges order to suspend my insurance and license.

Get used to the bus.

Tej.S
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Insist your car was stolen and found later that day haha.

speedog
04-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
You should have gone a bit quicker, about 88miles per hour, then you can travel back in time to slow down.

At 154kph he was well over 88mph, OP wasn't quick enough to hit the switch when he hit the 88mph threshold. OP should go out again and hit 88 and do it right this time.

Blackwater
04-23-2013, 11:19 PM
As always with photo radar, Can't you just say someone else was driving ?

vengie
04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Don't drop the soap when they give you shower time. Good luck.

InRich
04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
I got one of these a couple years ago in my late 20s. i think i was 28 actually. anyways I was going 51 over, the police showed up at my house, (I was still living with my parents) and gave me a summons to appear in court. because I was going so fast they arrested me, and I spent the next 15 days in jail till I could see the judge... At the end of the day, I had to pay a big fine and my insurance went up. At least the food was decent in jail. u should probably avoid driving for a while and stay low... dont answer the door.

jay838
04-24-2013, 12:20 AM
today i just recevied a ticket in the mail. My sister borrow my car and she went 60 in a 30km/hr zone a school zone.. it a photo radar ticket.. will a cop shows up and give me a summons to appear in court?

Mibz
04-24-2013, 07:19 AM
The number of hardened criminals on Beyond is too damn high. How the fuck do you sleep at night knowing your vehicle has gone 60 in a 30 zone?

Won't somebody please think of the children?

frizzlefry
04-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Why the hell don't you have a radar detector? They pick up those vans easy.

BigMass
04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
get to a Pay 'n' Spray quick and when the cops show up at your door tell them it wasn't your car

lilmira
04-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by speedog

At 154kph he was well over 88mph, OP wasn't quick enough to hit the switch when he hit the 88mph threshold. OP should go out again and hit 88 and do it right this time.

Yeah I know, minor inconsistency, the point is fast! ;) :burnout:

Masked Bandit
04-24-2013, 08:39 AM
You should probably leave the country and start fresh in Mexico.

G-ZUS
04-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
You should probably leave the country and start fresh in Mexico.

Or Venezuela where they don't extradite people

toastgremlin
04-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Don't listen to the other posters. After getting a speed on green ticket for 23 kph over, I tried to flee to Mexico and start my life anew as a man known only as El Rapido. I did small jobs, and set up my own mechanic's garage in the industrial area of Mexico City.

The work was hard but rewarding and eventually I met and fell in love with a young heiress called Consuela. Her Bora had broken down, and I was the only one in Mexico City who was brave enough to fix her window regulators. Soon we were wed, and her father purchased an enormous villa for us at our wedding.

One morning a few years later, after much success in business, I was sitting in my foyer, looking over the numbers from my chain of auto parts stores and contemplating how wonderfully my life turned out. Then I heard a crash, and a bang. Many men, dressed in black Kevlar, burst through my kitchen window and moved quickly to arrest me. I tried to fight them off but their punishing blows and brutal baton discipline beat me to the floor. The last thing I saw before my world went black was the screaming face of Consuela, cheeks wet with tears, pleading with the men to release me and let me be a father to our children.

When I awoke I was in a featureless white room with two officers who identified themselves as part of the CPS traffic unit. They handed me a registered owner ticket. I paid it online.

Skyline_Addict
04-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
Don't listen to the other posters. After getting a speed on green ticket for 23 kph over, I tried to flee to Mexico and start my life anew as a man known only as El Rapido. I did small jobs, and set up my own mechanic's garage in the industrial area of Mexico City.

The work was hard but rewarding and eventually I met and fell in love with a young heiress called Consuela. Her Bora had broken down, and I was the only one in Mexico City who was brave enough to fix her window regulators. Soon we were wed, and her father purchased an enormous villa for us at our wedding.

One morning a few years later, after much success in business, I was sitting in my foyer, looking over the numbers from my chain of auto parts stores and contemplating how wonderfully my life turned out. Then I heard a crash, and a bang. Many men, dressed in black Kevlar, burst through my kitchen window and moved quickly to arrest me. I tried to fight them off but their punishing blows and brutal baton discipline beat me to the floor. The last thing I saw before my world went black was the screaming face of Consuela, cheeks wet with tears, pleading with the men to release me and let me be a father to our children.

When I awoke I was in a featureless white room with two officers who identified themselves as part of the CPS traffic unit. They handed me a registered owner ticket. I paid it online.

:thumbsup:

clem24
04-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Welcome to Beyond!

Confetti, meet lil brown (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/369040/50-over-ticket/). Maybe you guys should hook, up, share your stories, and start butt fucking each other. Might as well get used to it when you guys share the same prison cell.

Coryz
04-24-2013, 10:50 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: EPIC

Canmorite
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Oh wow :rofl:

Masked Bandit
04-24-2013, 01:19 PM

I wish we could hand out rep for posts like this. Well done! :thumbsup:

rated_R
04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
:rofl: @ the whole damn thread!

Graham_A_M
04-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Man we need "Like" buttons for threads & posts. That or a Karma system... so much win to be distributed.
:rofl:

Originally posted by frizzlefry
Why the hell don't you have a radar detector? They pick up those vans easy.
Surprisingly enough, so do your eyes. I always slow down to the speed limit when I see a van/truck on the side of the road. :dunno: